Sooo...I've got an INFJ boyfriend. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Sooo...I've got an INFJ boyfriend.

A pocket sized diary.

INTJ: Pocket calculator.
INTP: Any weird gadget that looks smart but in reality has zero practicality.

I'm sure I could find more.

Should start a what pocket sized object is each MBTI thread. =P

ISFP's are second hand Condoms of course.

Oh, and Chazz, shall we explore the usual possibility of you being entirely incorrect?

Reactions: 1 person
ISFP's are second hand Condoms of course.

Oh, and Chazz, shall we explore the usual possibility of you being entirely incorrect?

You can try and explore the possibility of me being incorrect but like many INTPs you tend to ignore the probability that I'm entirely correct.

You think so? Then perhaps you don't know INTP's very well.

I'm always one for challenging my own, flimsy, scarce, battered and half-assed opinions and personal values.

Sometimes I adopt an entirely opposite approach simply to 'try it on', other times merely to be a devil's advocate.

Anyhoo, I don't think I'm anti-hug because of my nature, (though I do find it kindof pointless) I am merely uncomfortable with it, as opposed to hating people.

You think so? Then perhaps you don't know INTP's very well.

I'm always one for challenging my own, flimsy, scarce, battered and half-assed opinions and personal values.

Sometimes I adopt an entirely opposite approach simply to 'try it on', other times merely to be a devil's advocate.

Anyhoo, I don't think I'm anti-hug because of my nature, (though I do find it kindof pointless) I am merely uncomfortable with it, as opposed to hating people.

Then you admit your assumption that all INTPs are anti-hug is rather off the mark then.

No. Through simple observation of all INTP's I have come to the conclusion that they are largely, if not all, 'anti-hug', at least in the eyes of those who are fond of er... fondling.

I could be wrong, but I can only live my life on logical assumptions, what with nothing being certain.

Is it possible they are more like me, an INFJ, who is anti-hug from people outside my chosen 'circle' ...and pro-hug from those inside of it (thus giving different people different impressions based on circumstance?)

What. So am I not an infj? Lol.

Every test I've taken said I've am, and all the descriptions I've read fit me. You guys don't know your significant other inside and out? I know my friends inside and out, even the ones I'm not that close with. Idk maybe my Ni is a bit higher?

Maybe its not Ni at all, maybe its Si.

I donno, jet. From these forums i'd generalize and say that INFJ women tend to be more guarded about inner and outer circles. I Often hear and read infj women talking about these circles. Less of this talk from male INFJs.

Last edited:
What. So am I not an infj? Lol.

Every test I've taken said I've am, and all the descriptions I've read fit me. You guys don't know your significant other inside and out? I know my friends inside and out, even the ones I'm not that close with. Idk maybe my Ni is a bit higher?

I love how even the slightest insinuation of not being an INFJ sends the INFJ into a murderous rage. It's almost irrefutable proof of being an INFJ.

And you're no stranger to this yourself Billy.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I love how even the slightest insinuation of not being an INFJ sends the INFJ into a murderous rage. It's almost irrefutable proof of being an INFJ.

I think its because real INFJs know themselves inside and out, and fake infj's read too many INFJ profiles and cant get away from what they say, which is why we have so many "INFJ's have the magical power to know everyone better then they know themselves" threads... the reality is INFJs don't have that magic power, they just sniff up contextual clues really well and sniff out motives. Thats usually how I figure out who is a real INFJ and who is an INFP or ISFJ in INFJ clothing.

And yeah I fly off the handle when an INFP or ISFJ tells me I am something I am not based on an extremely ignorant understanding of the profile.

I think its because real INFJs know themselves inside and out, and fake infj's read too many INFJ profiles and cant get away from what they say, which is why we have so many "INFJ's have the magical power to know everyone better then they know themselves" threads... the reality is INFJs don't have that magic power, they just sniff up contextual clues really well and sniff out motives. Thats usually how I figure out who is a real INFJ and who is an INFP or ISFJ in INFJ clothing.

And yeah I fly off the handle when an INFP or ISFJ tells me I am something I am not based on an extremely ignorant understanding of the profile.
Or... you say they aren't INFJ just because you don't like them. I think you're an INFJ just because you're exactly like an INFJ I once knew, but you accuse me of being INFP just cause you don't like me. I doubt its about what I'm really like, since more than once I've expressed a dislike of Ni mystical descriptions, don't call it magic, and don't think of it as anything more than a different way of thinking. Though because I joined in that one thread you decide to turn the argument back upon everyone and say they aren't INFJ.
Though I know you'll just keep thinking that your some psychoanalytical genius and that when you can't related to another of your same type your only conclusion is that they are not of your same type, because you are afraid of having the same qualities of the person you dislike.
I've accepted your type, so you can't use that excuse on me at least anymore.

Or... you say they aren't INFJ just because you don't like them. I think you're an INFJ just because you're exactly like an INFJ I once knew, but you accuse me of being INFP just cause you don't like me. I doubt its about what I'm really like, since more than once I've expressed a dislike of Ni mystical descriptions, don't call it magic, and don't think of it as anything more than a different way of thinking. Though because I joined in that one thread you decide to turn the argument back upon everyone and say they aren't INFJ.
Though I know you'll just keep thinking that your some psychoanalytical genius and that when you can't related to another of your same type your only conclusion is that they are not of your same type, because you are afraid of having the same qualities of the person you dislike.
I've accepted your type, so you can't use that excuse on me at least anymore.

Actually, I base it on the fact that you reek of Fi and you mistook Ne for Ni a number of times. Ne + Fi =?

Actually, I base it on the fact that you reek of Fi and you mistook Ne for Ni a number of times. Ne + Fi =?
Yes, because you're an expert.

[mods]Just a reminder that this thread is about the OP, not what type someone is or is not[/mods]

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Yes, because you're an expert.

As an INFJ I know what Ni is... I live it, all day, every minute, every second. Plus you scored pretty high aparently in Fi by accounts of your signature, you can do the math if you want. Last point on the subject though since you wanted to make it personal for us, just go to this website and read up a little

http://www.infjorinfp.com/

Re-posted for emphasis.

I'm an INFJ male, and I dated an INTJ female a two GFs ago. My advice is that there are times that your T really won't understand his F, and vice versa. You really need to learn to work together. NF/NT pairings are very, very good and rewarding, but like any relationship, it depends upon the willingness of the two parties to work on the relationship.

INFJ males are very sensitive, caring individuals. This tends to confuse some women (in my opinion) because in some cases, they haven't dated a guy like us. We are driven by our gut and what we feel. Where as you are driven by your gut and what you know to be practical. My INTJ GF would always be confused as to how I just knew things and she had to think on them so much, but the real answer to that question is, I spend hours upon hours of time anticipating each and every situation, and simply reacting when the situation presents itself, because I already thought of the possibility of it happening. In general, an INFJ only appears to be confused or not know what he/she feels about something when presented with a situation that they didn't anticipate occurring.

In short, if you can use your practical side to balance out his feeler and work together, you will have a very rewarding relationship.

Reactions: Grey Wolf

You and I (if you are accurately describing how you first diagnose people at least) both I guess you could say discover people the same way, I was just asking if other INFJs don't know their significant others inside and out. Because I'm assuming the op has know the person for at least a bit, so if I was with my significant other to the point where we were dating (perhaps 2+ months) then I'd know them inside and out. I don't mean right of the bat: bam bam I know everything, sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

I'm so darn guilty of that, but only internally. XD

I agree.

To make this post not off topic: I still hold my ground that INFJs just want to be themselves, and it's very important that their significant other feels like they can be themselves as well, because that lets us know it's safe for us to be ourselves.