Sooo...I've got an INFJ boyfriend. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Sooo...I've got an INFJ boyfriend.

Actually, I've found INTJ's *do* hug, but only for selfish purposes driven by their crazed ego.

Now us INTP's, we really truly never hug.:)

i hug :p and yes, i'm an INTP just like you [MENTION=2635]Melkor[/MENTION] darling :)

also, INTJ i know in real life is adorably weird when people hug him, i think INTJs really need their personal space.

Non-defining traits of types are non-defining. Seriously.

Once we go beyond what a function-preference directly causes, we're just talking about trends. Pretty much any type that's quite convinced that they are of a particular type would take offense that they're wrong about what type they are.

Though I'm probably just killing jokes here, as per usual.

April, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You're either not an INTP, are an INTP who was dropped on her head as a child, or a Fe raper.

So what will it be?

I DON'T HUG.

:>

April, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You're either not an INTP, are an INTP who was dropped on her head as a child, or a Fe raper.

So what will it be?

I DON'T HUG.

:>

oh Lol! *is thrown back by the force of [MENTION=2635]Melkor[/MENTION]'s wit* damn boy, you better be careful with that thing, it's dangerous :eek:

and certainly, i could be another type - infp is probably the next likeliest contender - but is it really so hard to imagine an INTP could be huggy? seriously, hugs, like people, aren't gonna kill ya! ((hugs melkor until he agrees or goes purple from rage)) ;)

The only anti-hug types are xxTJ. Even they're fine with hugs if you fill in the appropriate forms, sign a contract, and give at least a month notice.

Reactions: KorJax and jyrffw54
I must be an ESTJ then.

Only I hate filling out forms which require me to take responsibility for anything.

I must be an ESTJ then.

Only I hate filling out forms which require me to take responsibility for anything.

Nah, you're definitely INTP, perhaps even INFP as you kinda exude that whole victim feel.

Not everyone is a fan of hugs, regardless of type. Although you do tend to milk the whole being a T type thing and would thus explain your aversion.

Nah, you're definitely INTP, perhaps even INFP as you kinda exude that whole victim feel.

Not everyone is a fan of hugs, regardless of type. Although you do tend to milk the whole being a T type thing and would thus explain your aversion.

i think it's an act. i think he secretly enjoys the attention, and is not at all adverse to the occasional hug (or 50 xD).

i think it's an act. i think he secretly enjoys the attention, and is not at all adverse to the occasional hug (or 50 xD).

Of course it's an act. He's pretending to be something he's not in order to manipulate others. Classic Ne/Fe combo.

Of course it's an act. He's pretending to be something he's not in order to manipulate others. Classic Ne/Fe combo.

i wonder what the real melkor is like? underneath that disturbing, misanthropic exterior, is he really a ball of sunshine and candy apples? :/ lol, you know, i'm not even sure i want to know.

I'm currently dating an INTJ and I've found that I baffle him on a regular basis, mostly because of my bluntness about things "Wow, I can't beleive you just went ahead and said that!" and my openness with my emotions. However he's come to really appreciate that about me, and it's fostered a very healthy relationship. I've found that his T and my F have been balancing each other out, and he's getting to be much better about expressing himself which makes him rather happy since he was never sure how to do it before. All in all it's a good match, because even though an INTJ may have trouble expressing themselves about things and feelings, and INFJ can help you through that, or can see what you mean without words. Very helpful in making sure the communication lines stay open!

I've said this before... But I don't dislike the idea of hugs.

I'm not adverse to the concept of two creatures touching.

I simply dislike it in practice because I'm just not usd to it, and have no idea what it implies.

I'll be honest, just don't hold it against me, I *have* wanted to hug things before, I just feel incapable of doing so.

Hell, what can you do?

"s'cuse me miss, I want to hug you, but I just can't, have this voucher saying you're worth a hug but won't actually get one"

I think that's unfair to insinuate. He cannot disprove it any more than you can prove it.

I'm an INFJ male, and I dated an INTJ female a two GFs ago. My advice is that there are times that your T really won't understand his F, and vice versa. You really need to learn to work together. NF/NT pairings are very, very good and rewarding, but like any relationship, it depends upon the willingness of the two parties to work on the relationship.

INFJ males are very sensitive, caring individuals. This tends to confuse some women (in my opinion) because in some cases, they haven't dated a guy like us. We are driven by our gut and what we feel. Where as you are driven by your gut and what you know to be practical. My INTJ GF would always be confused as to how I just knew things and she had to think on them so much, but the real answer to that question is, I spend hours upon hours of time anticipating each and every situation, and simply reacting when the situation presents itself, because I already thought of the possibility of it happening. In general, an INFJ only appears to be confused or not know what he/she feels about something when presented with a situation that they didn't anticipate occurring.

In short, if you can use your practical side to balance out his feeler and work together, you will have a very rewarding relationship.

yeah man!

Such as raping young animals Chazz?

Heh, don't worry Captain O', our Chazz would slit his mutter's throat for a ha'penny, he just loves attacking me.

I can't deny I enjoy it also.

Though I feel a bit irritated by the fact that my one attempt at honesty is deflected by Sir Chazzhole in the name of mere principle, rather than for any useful purpose.

Here you go sweetie. I found a cliffs notes version of the manual. :wink:

Hope it helps! <3

Proper Care of Your INFJ

Thank you for this. I've put points 12 and 14 into immediate practice. Well actually #12 is one of the major reasons for my attraction so that was always in practice. But 14 is going well too, it's a little thing I might overlook as unimportant but actually I really like doing this and I love it that he loves it.