Help needed from INFJ's - an insight into INTJ - INFJ relationship | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Help needed from INFJ's - an insight into INTJ - INFJ relationship

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] I wouldn't like to think of myself as the person who manages to "steal" someone away from their true happiness...surely if he is happy, he will remain where he is, if he's as smart as I imagine..if he isn't, then well I doubt I will have any interest for him furthermore. However this unravels, I'm sure he's an adult in the same way that I am and hopefully he can see what each choice brings him. :) Eventhorizon, you didn't take the girl you're talking about "away". She chose to walk with you, as much as you did with her. Otherwise it's just babysitting all the time, isn't it? ;)

It sounds reasonable on paper. People are hardly ever reasonable though and that varies in degree to the situation they are presented with. Best of luck.

@Flavus Aquila but it still gives us the benefit of the doubt, doesn't it? If I just talked to him about it, the cards would all be on the table and he would have the pressure of there being a friend who is not just a friend. Perhaps he would feel like he needs to reciprocate, but knowing he can't at the moment, it would feel burdening and make him run. I think he would definitely stay away in such case and that would ruin any chances of us connecting on a deeper level.

But if I notice that the time is right, I will try to talk to him about in in some form or the other, perhaps even through other possible scenarios, to see where his head is at. I know you have that "lie detector" thing going on so I'm hoping he won't take my current position as deception; but rather fear of bad timing.

Thank you for your advice. :)

Hope it all goes well.

I wouldn't pin too much weight on any advice any of us have given. The path you take through this has to be true to yourself and how you deal with things.

[MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION]

Of course. The reason I asked for advice is to hear how different people see my problem, more as a research than guidance. I am an anthropologist after all. :)

But it helped gain some insight nevertheless, so thank you.

I also read INFJ's generally have that "don't like me" attitude, meaning that when someone is obviously after you, you find it repulsive? Is this true?
If so, then it can also be applied to INTJ's, at least in my case, also that's the reason why most extroverts scare me away quickly.

@Flavus Aquila

Of course. The reason I asked for advice is to hear how different people see my problem, more as a research than guidance. I am an anthropologist after all. :)

But it helped gain some insight nevertheless, so thank you.

I also read INFJ's generally have that "don't like me" attitude, meaning that when someone is obviously after you, you find it repulsive? Is this true?
If so, then it can also be applied to INTJ's, at least in my case, also that's the reason why most extroverts scare me away quickly.

I don't know how much of it is MBTI related, or how much of it is personal preference - but no, I don't like overt/presumptuous advances from women. It kind of grosses me out - makes me want to breath through my mouth, to avoid smelling anything.... blah... yuck.