So....... Does anyone feel energies | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

So....... Does anyone feel energies

Only with pets and people, growing in towns or noisy places throughout life...Something I have never really been able to define (besides noting how I grew up as an eye aversive INFJ Aspie) is learning to 'sense' feelings or energies based upon non verbal or unspoken communication (upon reflection I feel the cause of my eye aversive traits was fearing the ever-changing degrees of emotionality others convey unconsciously, then again it did require therapy, greater understanding of human motivations and talking time to realise how strong my empathic side has always been; albeit suppressed for a long time).

Do you feel anything when you don't look?

I also have eye aversion, in addition to poor eyesight. I'm often looking down or past somebody, but really I don't have to be facing them, or even listening to them as it doesn't even require any talking. Some people I feel from across the room.

I don't compare this feeling to empathy though. It's not the same thing. It's more like an animalistic or reptilian sense of awareness.

Do you feel anything when you don't look?

I also have eye aversion, in addition to poor eyesight. I'm often looking down or past somebody, but really I don't have to be facing them, or even listening to them as it doesn't even require any talking. Some people I feel from across the room.

Not something I can really explain, besides noting how it is in peoples nature to scout out a room or make themselves aware of potential vulnerabilities (perhaps empathic highly perceptive people are just better at observing 'the unspoken' or seeking complexity?).

Funny how this has evolved into the question on whether energy exists rather than the more subjective "feel" part. The real question being, does the interpretation of the "feeling" mirror the experience of the Other or the actual situation at hand? Does your ability to "feel" energy even make you unique? It would seem that the defining benefit of "feeling" energy would be to have the ability to "interpret" it accurately. No? One who would argue so passionately against another is bound up inside their own set of right or wrong rather than what is. Our perceptions are fraught with our own blind assumptions. The path one should always follow in finding "truth" is that one should be open to Seeing It, no matter what its form. Merely arguing to prove oneself right doesn't honor the Other or give you the insight that helps one catalogue the variations of the human experience and broaden one's horizons or ability to "feel".

This is why I thought this thread should have been over in the new subforum for Spirituality...

Yet I realize the forum likes to argue sometimes - so be it.

Feeling the energy - sensing the energy - seeing the energy is inherently possible in all humans. So no...it doesn't make anyone special at all. At least I don't think I was - or am - when feeling it happen. I honestly think when I do feel/sense/see it - it is just the universe flowing through me. It's like I am the electrical cord and nothing else. "I" - my ego - quits thinking - steps out of the way - and allows energy to flow. Period. I have experienced great joy when it happens because usually the other person across from me benefits from it in some way. I may not always able to see the positive results immediately but later I get feedback as to how powerful those moments are/were.

So yes. Arguing to prove oneself right or another wrong only keeps one locked into their ego. When one is that state of mind - Energy - or Spirit -or the universe - or god - or whatever you wish to call it - will not be able to flow through.

Reactions: Cornerstone
Yesterday, I was talking with someone about values, and how I value other people to such an extent that I'm often concerned about how I come across to others and I behave in a manner in which I attempt to reduce group conflict and encourage group harmony. The person I spoke to was a female, who is often very blunt in speech and can be rather critical of people in general, asked me if I really was concerned about those kinds of things, in which I replied that I was. She told me that she never thinks about things like that and I told her that I could tell and that I thought she valued truth and competence over people's feelings.

What was amazing about the conversation was that she softened right up to me and suddenly looked slighty warmer and more open. It was like her energy went from angst and aggression to slighty warm and radiant. I love seeing people open up like that.

Reactions: Kgal
This is why I thought this thread should have been over in the new subforum for Spirituality...

Yet I realize the forum likes to argue sometimes - so be it.

Feeling the energy - sensing the energy - seeing the energy is inherently possible in all humans. So no...it doesn't make anyone special at all. At least I don't think I was - or am - when feeling it happen. I honestly think when I do feel/sense/see it - it is just the universe flowing through me. It's like I am the electrical cord and nothing else. "I" - my ego - quits thinking - steps out of the way - and allows energy to flow. Period. I have experienced great joy when it happens because usually the other person across from me benefits from it in some way. I may not always able to see the positive results immediately but later I get feedback as to how powerful those moments are/were.

So yes. Arguing to prove oneself right or another wrong only keeps one locked into their ego. When one is that state of mind - Energy - or Spirit -or the universe - or god - or whatever you wish to call it - will not be able to flow through.
In this belief system, how does the universe flow through one?

honest to God i have a wi-fi barrier... it’s getting to the point of ridiculousness and frequently gets to the point of frustration... i will lose my wi-fi connection constantly... then the next second someone sits in the same place with the same computer where i was and it works fine... losing connection never seems to be a huge issue for anyone else in this house but me... i think i’m on or emit another frequency that messes with the waves... anyone else like this?

Reactions: jyrffw54

Postscript question.

I presume you are using "ego" as the freudian term.
In that usage, ego is the part of the psyche that tests and searches out what is real and what is not.

So, to get out of one's ego, one has to suspend a sense of the real and go with one's id, or instinctual drive for gratification. I don't presume the super-ego, as the seat of adopted cultural norms is what energy experiences are about.

?

The same way that my response gets to you, preceded by your question being seen by me, followed by my decision to respond to it but also preceded by my decision to come and look here in the first place, and followed by your possible perception of the response, whatever that may be. You didn't only just decide to ask and I didn't only just decide to answer you as separate events. You are not an autonomous island in a dissociated vacuum and neither am I.

If I'd not been born, you wouldn't get this response. If my electricity was out, you wouldn't get this response. Vice versa. We aren't excluded from the state of all things as a whole - as a universe. Individuated things such as a grasshopper jumping somewhere in China doesn't necessarily have anything to do with me talking to you, but in a holistic sense the feedback loop of the state of the universe does have something to do with that - everything to do with that.

Edit:
And in a literal sense, the universe is not just outer space. It's not what is 'out there' but is also what is in here, since it contains everything. It is the totality of existence, isn't it? This includes planet earth and everything on it and every last particle in it.

It's an abstract concept, like water. A lot of your body is water, but like justice, water is a categorical label and doesn't refer to any specific 'set' of water.

Last edited:
Additionally a queen's bishop is defined by where it starts, not by what it is. If you exchange it with the king's bishop you don't end up saying that it's on the wrong side because that specific collection of stuff is not what makes it the queen's bishop - any bishop you put in the queen's bishop square is the queen's bishop.

Inversely, the universe is not defined as where it is, but what it is, and what it is, is everything. Water is defined by a substance, not its location. Universe is defined as being all the substances (and everything else)

I am energy animating a human body. My energy field connects with the universal energy field. All of us have energy fields and we go about through our days brushing up against and or meshing with other fields all the time. In the loosest sense my body is just an entangled cloud of energies all dancing together. My consciousness controls this dance. My ego impacts this dance with restrictions and blocks in my own subtle energy due to conditioning from childhood. When my ego is silenced or stilled the blocks temporarily unknot and all flows. I have experienced this often in meditation. Ultimately I'd like to be in that state of "mind" all the time but I still have conditioning to ...ummm...untangle?....let go...

honest to God i have a wi-fi barrier... it’s getting to the point of ridiculousness and frequently gets to the point of frustration... i will lose my wi-fi connection constantly... then the next second someone sits in the same place with the same computer where i was and it works fine... losing connection never seems to be a huge issue for anyone else in this house but me... i think i’m on or emit another frequency that messes with the waves... anyone else like this?

This happens to me ALL the time at school! It is frustrating. I also can't wear watches, because I blow them out so to speak. Does this happen to you too?

Postscript question.

I presume you are using "ego" as the freudian term.
In that usage, ego is the part of the psyche that tests and searches out what is real and what is not.

So, to get out of one's ego, one has to suspend a sense of the real and go with one's id, or instinctual drive for gratification. I don't presume the super-ego, as the seat of adopted cultural norms is what energy experiences are about.

?

I don't often think of Freud anymore but I suppose you are correct in this definition.

I think of the ego as that conditioning I received as a child and young adult that went contrary to my natural inclination and talents or gifts that I had.

For example: I am a natural at taking care of the earth and her creatures. If left alone and with the necessary resources I could create a heavenly garden here on earth. Yet I was forced to leave my "garden" as a child and made to sit still all day in school - learn math and literature and science - and forced to work for food and land that I might have a little bit of my heavenly garden. In my society there is no room for a person like me to make a living and thrive. I have to have a job that fits within the capitalist patterns of money and economy. I work for those who control the jobs and they don't want a heavenly garden on earth.

Therefore, as a child and into adulthood, I was traumatized for wanting to use my gifts in the service of nature.

That is part of the conditioning from childhood that formed my current ego. When this human form dies - "I" (my consciousness) will continue - but without the current Ego.

What is your belief system regarding your ego and dying?

Reactions: JGirl
This happens to me ALL the time at school! It is frustrating. I also can't wear watches, because I blow them out so to speak. Does this happen to you too?

i don’t wear watches partly because i hate when people ask me for the time and partly because i don’t like wearing jewelry... but that’s pretty interesting stuff eirene :D

bio-Faraday cage. interesting. Can we study you?

Used to happen to me, with cable oddly enough. It turns out that somebody in the neighborhood was dirtying up the signal with whatever they were doing at their house, and it was effecting everybody. We had somebody come out to look and they detected it on the line.

Strangely though they just had the same schedule that I did with whatever they were doing, down to a very creepy level of coincidence.

bio-Faraday cage. interesting. Can we study you?

mind-blown.gif

*mindblown*