So....... Does anyone feel energies | INFJ Forum

So....... Does anyone feel energies

ThisIsWhoIAm

is best pony
Dec 22, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
I feel living thing's (including humans animals and insects) energy like spikes of electricity in my body. Through my hands i feel much more.

Anyone?

Yes, I do.

I think everyone is physically able to perceive this energy. Many just aren't aware that they are feeling it because I guess they filter it out in their consciousness, like background noise. Especially people who live in densely populated areas, they're used to the constant hum of energy, but if they end up in the middle of nowhere it may seem 'too quiet' there as the intensity is much less.

Edit:
Also everything has energy. What do we think is detected by infrared scans? MRI? EKG?

Dead things also have energy but it is at equilibrium with the ambient environment energy so is difficult to detect.

I do feel the energy of life around me, sometimes naturally, sometimes only when i concentrate and tune in. Its like a sensation that runs through the body, or like a feeling or knowing.

In regards to the feeling it in my hands, thats where its confusing. My hands are very sensitive, they easily become cold, hot, sweaty with changes in the environment. Often they will tingle or become intensly warm. I think this is in reaction to the universal life force energy that runs through everything. Its not specific, more general. Most of us instinctly reach out with our hands to comfort someone, we put our hand on them, we put our arm around them, hold them close etc. even when we ourselves feel pain we instintively place our hand on the area that it hurts. Ive been doing this for a long time, and a year or more ago i decided to learn reiki as a way of understanding it and using this better. The reiki was interesting and i have used it successfuly on myself and others. But there was something about it that didnt really suit me personally- i found it too structured, i guess. I started practicing doing my own kind of energy healing and although im still learning and practicing, i much prefer doing it this way. I think the tingling sensation/warmth is felt when we become aware of this life force energy running through us all around us. At times it becomes clearly tanglible, almost like you can hold it in your hand. I think the hands are an easy vessel for this energy to flow through, much like how someone may use a wand to facilitate the flow of energy and focus their intent of what they seek to manifest. Normally i ground myself with a meditation, try to still myself and then pray about my intention- which is imagining the other person well and healthy and feeling intense gratitude that they are healthy. And then i feel the energy flowing through my hands and imagine it flowing through them. For the healing to be effective the other person has to also want the same outcome. You cant help someone that doesnt want to be helped, nor should you try, as thats defying their free will.

Theres also a breathing exercise/meditation i try to do regularly where i imagine/feel that i am breathing though my hands each time i take a breath, drawing in the life force energy and letting it flow through. Or i breath deep into my belly and imagine exhaling it out through my hands.

Here is a video from Teal Scott about energy healing that i enjoyed and found useful

[video=youtube_share;wsudVU9zeKw]http://youtu.be/wsudVU9zeKw[/video]

Reactions: Kgal
It is kind of hard to explain, but I can feel energies flow to different regions of my body and can feel energies in other living things. I can easily pick up on other people's emotions, not only because of body language, but it is as if I can feel their emotions radiating from them.

Reactions: JGirl
I do. I can also see it. We're always vibrating, most people just don't register it, as previously stated. I'm very sensitive to others' energy. I remember a moment where my lab instructor heard someone drop something, and I felt a wave of spikes come off of him, though he had an expression of calm on his face.
[MENTION=4956]charlene[/MENTION] stole my video posting idea lol :)

I do feel the energy of life around me, sometimes naturally, sometimes only when i concentrate and tune in. Its like a sensation that runs through the body, or like a feeling or knowing.

In regards to the feeling it in my hands, thats where its confusing. My hands are very sensitive, they easily become cold, hot, sweaty with changes in the environment. Often they will tingle or become intensly warm. I think this is in reaction to the universal life force energy that runs through everything. Its not specific, more general. Most of us instinctly reach out with our hands to comfort someone, we put our hand on them, we put our arm around them, hold them close etc. even when we ourselves feel pain we instintively place our hand on the area that it hurts. Ive been doing this for a long time, and a year or more ago i decided to learn reiki as a way of understanding it and using this better. The reiki was interesting and i have used it successfuly on myself and others. But there was something about it that didnt really suit me personally- i found it too structured, i guess. I started practicing doing my own kind of energy healing and although im still learning and practicing, i much prefer doing it this way. I think the tingling sensation/warmth is felt when we become aware of this life force energy running through us all around us. At times it becomes clearly tanglible, almost like you can hold it in your hand. I think the hands are an easy vessel for this energy to flow through, much like how someone may use a wand to facilitate the flow of energy and focus their intent of what they seek to manifest. Normally i ground myself with a meditation, try to still myself and then pray about my intention- which is imagining the other person well and healthy and feeling intense gratitude that they are healthy. And then i feel the energy flowing through my hands and imagine it flowing through them. For the healing to be effective the other person has to also want the same outcome. You cant help someone that doesnt want to be helped, nor should you try, as thats defying their free will.

Theres also a breathing exercise/meditation i try to do regularly where i imagine/feel that i am breathing though my hands each time i take a breath, drawing in the life force energy and letting it flow through. Or i breath deep into my belly and imagine exhaling it out through my hands.

Here is a video from Teal Scott about energy healing that i enjoyed and found useful

[video=youtube_share;wsudVU9zeKw]http://youtu.be/wsudVU9zeKw[/video]

Woah this video is pure awesomeness. Thanks very much! very very helpful.
[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] i think you should check this out as well

I did find the video informative, however I only think these energies are able to heal one's soul and mind. I hope it is not advocating going to an energy healer in the place of a medical doctor, especially with a broken leg; it cannot mend a broken leg, only aid in the recovery.

Reactions: jyrffw54
yes i can not only feel but also exchange energy through my hands. i always have done this, and until i was an adult i didn't realize that not everyone could. it's not a spikey feeling though, it's more like a subtle vibration.
when i'm at work i use this energy to communicate with my dementia residents and it's working very very well! i mostly send love through touch, and that includes touching inanimate objects as well as people.
i was just talking to someone about the vibrations of trees when you hug them the other day, and she thought that was too strange. lol

Reactions: jyrffw54
Isn't it more plausible to think that your affective response towards living things is similar to your affective response to mild electric shocks, or static electricity; than to assume, without any scientific basis, that you have either a literal sixth sense, or an extra-sensory path of perceiving physical objects?

For example, I know someone who thinks that lemons are copper-y because his affective response to the sight of a lemon is similar to the one that arose in him when he once put a copper coin in his mouth. He, however, recognises the false association to the extent that he does not try to claim that lemons and copper have identical "energies", "auras", "electricities", "vibrations", etc.

Last edited:
Former and current marijuana users come up with crazy bullshit. *my random thought of the day*

Anyhow, about the topic....

Isn't it more plausible to think that your affective response towards living things is similar to your affective response to mild electric shocks, or static electricity; than to assume, without any scientific basis, that you have either a literal sixth sense, or an extra-sensory path of perceiving physical objects?

For example, I know someone who thinks that lemons are copper-y because his affective response to the sight of a lemon is similar to the one that arose in him when he once put a copper coin in his mouth. He, however, recognises the false association to the extent that he does not try to claim that lemons and copper have identical "energies", "auras", "electricities", "vibrations", etc.

I'm actually quite proud that I've never done any illicit drugs; ever. Anyways, science of course cannot prove a "sixth sense" for obvious reasons. I accept modern science as a key to understanding the world around me, but I am also open to the notion that the world we see is merely a veil and there is more than meets the five senses. This is intuition and faith, not science. Perhaps people really can see or feel energy. Maybe they only think they do. Either way, it is an attempt by people to interact with the world as they think it truly exists. Introverted intuitives are always searching for truth and understanding; about reality, about life, about existence. If you believe you have a soul or spirit, and this is comprised of pure energy, then it makes sense people who know how to "look" can make use of this, much like someone who prays to God believes their prayers will be listened to. Personally, I am very skeptical of things like crystals or rocks containing healing powers, but I know quite a few people who do. The older I get, the more open I am to hearing different perspectives, some people have some incredible insights. I find it all very fascinating.

yes i can not only feel but also exchange energy through my hands. i always have done this, and until i was an adult i didn't realize that not everyone could. it's not a spikey feeling though, it's more like a subtle vibration.
when i'm at work i use this energy to communicate with my dementia residents and it's working very very well! i mostly send love through touch, and that includes touching inanimate objects as well as people.
i was just talking to someone about the vibrations of trees when you hug them the other day, and she thought that was too strange. lol

Cool. The spikey feelings usually come from sensing people in the neighborhood. The flow through my hands is much wavey and cool. Pretty much the way Teal explains in the video.

Clarification please.

don't you realize all the things going on between seeing/hearing/touching/smelling/tasting and the magical things you've concluded?

INTJs make quick assumptions about people and things, for instance, figuring problems out without explicitly knowing the details, but they don't call it energies, nor claim they have psychic power.

i don't consider my being able to feel and send vibration to be a sixth sense or an extra sensory path of perception.
i think it's a neurological issue, not a paranormal one. i believe, at least for my own experience, that it has to do with being hypersensitive, using my 'ordinary' five senses.

don't you realize all the things going on between seeing/hearing/touching/smelling/tasting and the magical things you've concluded?

INTJs make quick assumptions about people and things, for instance, figuring problems out without explicitly knowing the details, but they don't call it energies, nor claim they have psychic power.

I respect your opinion, however this is not the right thread for it.

In all seriousness though, I do get feelings within myself about what's going on around me. Not in an electricity or extra-dimensional energy sort of way, but kind of in a visceral way, either when I have a strong hunch of how someone feels or some understanding which I'm not 100% able to confirm, or in a sensory reaction way like how Eirene described feeling spikes watching someone else's presence to a fallen object. I also feel this way when I am going to give someone a massage, and I get a strong hunch of where it is the most tense and how to massage it, through peripheral information or whatever, but it seems to me like I can FEEL the tenseness radiating from that part of their body, so I give pretty good massages even though I've never been taught by anyone. When my mind is empty and I am immersed in the environment, I get "aha" moments of how others are feeling internally without external evidence.

Reactions: JGirl