So....... Does anyone feel energies | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

So....... Does anyone feel energies

Well, this is an interesting thread. Sadly I do not, but I've met someone who does. And thus I've thought on the existence of a type of social construct made up that I'm not part of. I'll have to compensate by using theory and logical deduction. (Which is why I'm here.)

The idea is that it is a thing that all people do, but I repress it, and thus it falls in my unconscious. What I am not. I can figure out what it is by looking at what I am, and finding something that would fit the same role, but does it differently. It likely has to do a lot with feelings, while what I do is related to logical deduction.

One can see the influence this has in various religions, and the entirety of metaphysical pseudo-medicine.

Hrrm. I have an idea that I do do this, but everyone around me is so muted, and my ability at doing this also quite poor. I'm likely the one giving off the sparks, which is a reference to a guy who claimed he could see sparks glowing off Ben Franklin's head. I'd post links, but I don't remember any off the top of my head. The usual google searches aren't working.

Last edited:
Well, this is an interesting thread. Sadly I do not, but I've met someone who does. And thus I've thought on the existence of a type of social construct made up that I'm not part of. I'll have to compensate by using theory and logical deduction. (Which is why I'm here.)

The idea is that it is a thing that all people do, but I repress it, and thus it falls in my unconscious. What I am not. I can figure out what it is by looking at what I am, and finding something that would fit the same role, but does it differently. It likely has to do a lot with feelings, while what I do is related to logical deduction.

From my experience it has more to do with your willingness to be curious than just centred around an ability to feel emotions etc.

Hrrm. Well I am very curious, but also very scientific. If I see something, I will tell you. And I did not see any hint of this. As such, I began to think of why. What I came up with is the idea that the people I am around are like burnt matches. I am doing it, but when there is not enough to work with, you don't get anything out of it. This is entirely speculation though.

As a note, when people are happy, I will be happy with them. When people are sad, I will be sad with them. This implies a form of this at work. Ofcourse, trying to keep to my rock self, it will take a bit to get to me.

ooops, wrong thread...sorry. Is there a way to delete a post, rather than just edit?

Last edited:
Might be a malfunction nervous system. Seriously for a while when I was still eating gluten it would feel like I had electric current moving through my arms.

I feel energies most intensely on an emotional level and it shows up physically as lights for the most part. I have worked a long time at discerning what is feeling and what is intuitive senses....if that makes any sense.

Yes because im an empath. i find that empaths not only absorb energy but they absorb it in it's natural state - how it is experienced by the individual close to them. Once their energies are felt; i usually do my best to make distinctions within my own energy and those that i am absorbing externally. When I am highly sensitive it flows very easily to me; the more i am in close connection with people the easier i am able to absorb. but over the years I have made good grounding practices to not absorb everything i come into contact with because it does get overwhelming and most people carry around abundance of negative energy unconsciously. I used to get lots of emotional baggage when I would ride in the subways in NYC or go out to places like clubs, parties, social events and i would always pick up on someone's emotions of feeling anxious, depressed, angry, or sick. This forced me to become very selective about where I go to hang out and who I surround myself with.

Most energy healers have a very strong heart chakra - because the hands are the extension of the heart energy and through it a person is able to help facilitate healing by transmuting the energy or helping release it.
i find that the more i meditate, do yoga, sing and dance - easier it is for me to become aware of my own energies and those of others.

Empathic abilities can be enhanced through negative trauma and neglect. Children who are energy sensitive; if grown up in an environment where their parental figure was emotionally unavailable, some sorts of abandonment issues and/or neglected from long periods of time or abused tend to have increased empathic ability. The reason being that when a child is not able to communicate clearly and directly onto their environment and to their caretaker; children have a capacity to rely on their sixth sense and intuitive abilities in order to comprehend and deal with the neglect. By naturally increasing their energy sensors a child is able to detect via energy if their parent is having a bad day and can't be bothered, or if their mother's emotional state is unstable so the child learns to read the emotional cues in order to soothe themselves against the adversity. The more extreme the environment the more intuitive and sensitive the child will be. Some natural healers are indeed born with the gift but very large majority had experiences that helped spike their sensitivity via external influences and many had traumatic and difficult experiences.

I feel energies most intensely on an emotional level and it shows up physically as lights for the most part. I have worked a long time at discerning what is feeling and what is intuitive senses....if that makes any sense.

same here. intuitive sense are quick flashes of "do this" - without any explanation - almost like a command. feelings are felt more drawn out and extensively felt and stays and lingers around for a while until you have had enough.

For a while now, if I sit and consider things that are very old, (not really anything specific-perhaps old stories or concepts), there are times the hair just rises. Flows all the way down the legs and arms as well. Don't really know what to think of it. Perhaps the knowing is not yet. :shrug:

For a while now, if I sit and consider things that are very old, (not really anything specific-perhaps old stories or concepts), there are times the hair just rises. Flows all the way down the legs and arms as well. Don't really know what to think of it. Perhaps the knowing is not yet. :shrug:

That's really interesting, Apemom....sounds like maybe energy being released in your body as you remember....does it bring any feelings?

That's really interesting, Apemom....sounds like maybe energy being released in your body as you remember....does it bring any feelings?

Not really anything definite - awe perhaps - not sure what to make of it all so for a while it's just been - I don't know. So far I'm OK with that - some others ('specially my SO) not so much. I think it's important not to rush into anything just now - just flow. :D

Yes, there's never a rush to anything, that's wise, apemom.