Seeing Auras | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Seeing Auras

@Serenity

What would you say of a blue aura with black surrounding the outside?
Like a deep bright royal blue..

How would you generalise the colour of someone's aura in the first instance? We are told people's names on a regular basis so have that first step. With auras that first step is missing.

thats the obvious part, feelings have colours cause we generalize colours with nature and so forth blah blah blaah.

My first impression with infp reading my private in head imagination with 90% accyraccy was.. Astonishing, i made the link how he used feelings representing colours as the foundation of his readings.

Symbolism however doesnt have generalized feeling pattern and as such synesthisia is more random there.

@Serenity

i met one akin that, it was enfp female and such aura meant guarding herself with disintegrated ennea 7 perfectionist attitude. But the black shade was barely wisible, mostly jedi like blue protective aura thing, in the form of shield directed towards me.

Nice. Finally some sense is being spoken on this thread. Thanks @88chaz88

You make a good point about it not being synesthesia due to people only seeing colours. However I don't think it's a "you look like a dave" thing either. This probably comes from memory. You meet a dave who has a big nose and beady eyes, then meet another dave who has a big nose and beady eyes and your brain generalises this due to the repeated pattern. From that point on everyone you meet who has a big nose and beady eyes would look like a Dave to you.

How would you generalise the colour of someone's aura in the first instance? We are told people's names on a regular basis so have that first step. With auras that first step is missing.

The name thing was a bad example. I was just explaining that all people naturally associate things that are really unrelated. For example:

Hot is red, cold is blue.
Some people are warm, some are cold.
Sounds have shapes.
Ect.

With auras it's probably a feeling - colour association. Feel someone is very romantic, charming and warm hearted? Obviously they're red. Friendly, energetic - yellow. And so on.

Half right.

It's most probably bullshit but these people really believe in it.
Fair point, thats just my cynicism coming out. I have a hard time understanding how anyone can be self delusional in such a way, but I must admit most people are. I guess its my own form of delusion to think that they must simply be lying because that makes more sense than the alternative for me personally, which is that we live in a species/society where delusion is so powerful.

@Serenity

Sounds like this person is on the brink of "opening up", but either 1. they're uncomfortable/wary of sharing their experiences or 2. They are resisting the presence of spirit/psychic awareness...and it's probably affecting their concentration.

Reactions: Soulful
Sounds like this person is on the brink of "opening up", but either 1. they're uncomfortable/wary of sharing their experiences or 2. They are resisting the presence of spirit/psychic awareness...and it's probably affecting their concentration.
Resisting the presence of spirit or psychic awareness?
Could you elaborate?

Reactions: jyrffw54 and Billy
Hot is red, cold is blue.
Some people are warm, some are cold.
Sounds have shapes.
Ect.

This comes from synesthesia. We all have it to a certain degree. Red being warm probably is a very common synesthesia pattern. It's so common that it is said all the time and it then becomes generalised by the people who don't have this pattern of synesthesia

Saying someone has pretty lights dancing around them of various colours isn't something that can explained in this way. At least I don't think so

This comes from synesthesia. We all have it to a certain degree. Red being warm probably is a very common synesthesia pattern. It's so common that it is said all the time and it then becomes generalised by the people who don't have this pattern of synesthesia

That's not synesthesia. Everyone would agree on blue being cold, even Dove (who is synesthetic, it just doesn't manifest as heat-colour association). Someone who does have synesthesia in the form of heat-colour association would make associations that don't make a bit of sense to us.

Maybe the associations are born from the same place that causes synesthesia, but synesthesia itself is an abnormality.

Here's a question to believers and non-believers alike. Do y'all see rings of light around people's heads and shoulders? I don't see colours, but I see rings of light and I don't know if others see them too... I ought to start asking friends. :p

Ex. @Poetic_Justice's avatar kid definitely has light around him (a thick band around his body), I don't see any on some of the other avatars, but the guy in @Sriracha 's avatar definitely has one, although I am inclined to believe that is more of a matter of photography lights than aura? Anyone else see them, too?

Last edited:
Here's a question to believers and non-believers alike. Do y'all see rings of light around people's heads and shoulders? I don't see colours, but I see rings of light and I don't know if others see them too... I ought to start asking friends. :p

Ex. @Poetic_Justice's avatar kid definitely has light around him (a thick band around his body), I don't see any on some of the other avatars, but the guy in @Sriracha 's avatar definitely has one, although I am inclined to believe that is more of a matter of photography lights than aura? Anyone else see them, too?

It's debatable: http://socyberty.com/paranormal/light-and-aura-how-to-see-auras/ You have to remember that when the photo of my father was taken, there was probably a flash used. There is so much illusion a camera can portray. I would have to have more scientific proof to believe it can be captured on camera.

Last edited:
There is a special type of photography that is specified to visually capture the energy field. I believe it is called Kirlian photography.

I believe we reveal energy that others are able to perceive about us because I am able to feel energy from others. I am willing to believe this can take the form of auras.
However, for some reason, maybe due to public denial, I have trouble believing we have the technology to accurately detect auras. If we have such technology, why is there still such widespread disbelief? Most people who are invested in scientific empiricism would be willing to suspend their doubts given sufficient evidence in favour of the hypothesis that auras exist. Is Kirlian photography controversial?

Last edited:
I believe we reveal energy that others are able to perceive about us because I am able to feel energy from others. I am willing to believe this can take the form of auras.
However, for some reason, maybe due to public denial, I have trouble believing we have the technology to accurately detect auras. If we have such technology, why is there still such widespread disbelief? Most people who are invested in scientific empiricism would be willing to suspend their doubts given sufficient evidence in favour of the hypothesis that auras exist. Is Kirlian photography controversial?

Kirlian photography has been around at least since the early '70s because we - my physics class - participated in an experiment utilizing the equipment. I had a picture taken of the aura surrounding my hand and one could clearly see it. It was black and white - though - so I wouldn't have known if I exuded a color or not. I kept the photo for eons but it's been lost along the way.

The reason why there is little scientific proof is because the people who fund research want to make a return on their investment. On the surface - being able to detect the various subtle energies of a person doesn't present a way to make money to investors. Right?

As a society we are stuck in an age where there is this huge fight between the Classic scientists - "I only believe what I can see and/or scientific equipment can see" - vs. - those who believe in God. There doesn't seem to be much room in the middle for anything else.

Personally I don't see what the big deal is. There is a vast realm lurking underneath our skin that we know so little about. Why not accept that some people have abilities that others do not?

There are a few groups of scientists out there conducting scientific research utilizing their own funds or donations from individuals like me and you. This group is one I am extremely excited about for they have demonstrated how our heart's magnetic field interacts with the Earth's magnetic field AND how collectively as a people we can sync with one another to affect the field. http://www.glcoherence.org/monitoring-system/about-system.html

Last edited:
The other day I was watching a youtube vid about DMT. Evidently one can take this chemical and journey to non ordinary states of reality much like others have on ayahausca and mescaline and LSD.

It turns out this same chemical, DMT, is produced by a huge variety of animals and plants - naturally. It is speculated a human brain will produce this chemical right at the moment of death.

Whatever...

What I'm wondering...is... if a human can produce the chemical what's to say it isn't secreted in various minute degrees by various peoples? Like synesthesia - maybe it's genetic ability?

Yes. I can see rings of light. No color. Just white(sort of).

I'd be more inclined to believe in the possibility of it if the majority of my interactions with psychics/etc didn't involve things like being fed false information about myself by people who claim that the grass told them that animals are concerned with ethical matters within their species, and disagreement wasn't so often met with comments about how I'm just not enlightened enough to agree with them or whatever.

Reactions: jyrffw54