Seeing Auras | INFJ Forum

Seeing Auras

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Poetic Justice, Sep 17, 2012.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
More threads by Poetic Justice
  1. Poetic Justice

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    I have a theory about how this works. Two actually

Theory 1:

It's BS and they're making it up

Theory 2:

It's a combination of intuition and synesthesia. Let me explain.

We all constantly give off a huge amount of information about our emotional state through micro muscle movements, colour changes in our face and neck, body positioning and probably other things.

Our brains pick up on all of this but choose to ignore most of it. Or rather, our subconscious chooses not to let our conscious minds know about it. We only pay attention to a tiny fraction of the external and internal stimulus our bodies our bobarded with day by day. We would quickly go insane if this wasn't the case I think

Intuition is our brains finding patterns in this huge amount of data and giving us a heads up about it. It doesn't necessarily give us the working out that went into this. Just the answer. For example, you can tell when someone is angry right? You don't really pay conscious attention to all the things the angry person is doing which causes you to think they are angry. The working out is done mostly subconsciously and you just see anger

What if a kind of synesthesia is causing a colour to be linked to these emotional states. Synesthesia can link any stimulus with any other stimulus. For example the name "pete" could taste like bacon to some people. there are many kinds of synesthesia that could link pretty much anything to anything else

Auras could be synesthesia linking these subconsciously noticed emotional states with colours

Thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    tfg345i4u5lw likes this.
  2. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I can see auras. I will elaborate on this when I get home. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sriracha likes this.
  3. CindyLou

CindyLou Get over it

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Please do [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] because I tend to go with the OP's first theory. I've been told I have a dark, or black aura and then later on a dark red. Always dark. Nonsense.

4. OP
    Poetic Justice

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    Do you remeber how you felt when you were told this?

Was there anybody else there who you weren't particularly fond of?

5. CindyLou

CindyLou Get over it

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    The first time, no. Not at all. I was like "WTF? Dark...like dark dark?" She told me..."Think of Jesus. He has light around him. You are very dark." Lol! Okay!

The second time, maybe I suppose. I wasn't particularly fond of the woman who was talking to my sister and I was giving her the eye. That's when she told me she saw dark red coming from me.

6. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    People tell me I have a calming effect in general, and then one day someone told me I had an aura which i looked it up and it corresponded with calming. I figure they just know how to label people.

7. sevenx

sevenx Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    I don't see an actual aura but I can feel the energy-whether good or bad.

8. Rcs6r

Rcs6r Must be the feeling~
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    (⌐■_■)
    Self-proclaimed "spiritual guide" types could #1. Anyone else could be #2 and very strong sensing or excellent body language reader.

9. OP
    Poetic Justice

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    Me too. Perhaps that too is synesthesia

I don't like the term "energy" as it somehow makes it sound all mystical and spiritual. It is maybe just one of the ways our brains warn us of dangers. It notices all the subtle cues people give off and gives us an appropriate feeling. Or colour

10. sevenx

sevenx Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    I can actually feel it though, if a person has a lot of bad energy cooped up in them, I can touch them and it gathers to my hand. Its weird, it starts getting warmer and warmer until its hot...I can draw it out and they can actually feel collect to my hand and then leave. So I guess I feel negative as warmth when I touch...

jyrffw54 likes this.
  11. Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Were you by any chance surronded by people who would have had a malevolent or "dark" effect on you at the time that the person read you aura? I don't mean in the moment, but were you affected by them, spending time with them, or still carrying the impact of them on your life with you emotionally?

12. CindyLou

CindyLou Get over it

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Yes. It would have been nice if she would have explained what she meant instead of causing confusion.

13. OP
    Poetic Justice

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    Perhaps she didn't know. If it's true and this is what is going on, that doesn't mean the people who can do it would know how it works. They probably believe they really do have some sort of magical power or something.

Very few people are aware of synesthesia

14. Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Yeah, for sure!

I once had someone tell me I was repressing things, based on what she saw or sensed. I googled it and turns out that might be associated with a black or dark aura -- but it was much more beneficial and helpful to me to have her describe what she saw than identify the colour for me, as the latter would not have been very helpful, like you said.

15. Sriracha

Sriracha Not here.
    Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFJ
    How can you be calming when you are yelling YUUUUUP ALL THE TIME? :D

the likes this.
  16. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I RARELY come across people with black in their aura; sometimes I see browns/greys or "holes" in areas where they have physical issues. A darker aura, as opposed to a whispy, cloudy aura, generally means that one has unsettled business to deal with/a problem that needs solving.

It's hard to explain the process of seeing the aura, because I have always been able to see them, but I will try the best I can, without rambling.

We are are made of energy, and vibrate at various frequencies...generally the higher the frequency, the better state of health a person is in, and vice versa. Based on the current state of the frequency in the body, mind, and spirit, combined with the emotional/physical/spiritual state of the person, an array of colours will vibrate from their being , up to 10 feet outward. There are also different layers to the aura: Physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, and etheric. These go in order from the inside out. The innermost layer is usually the easiest to see, and is the most trusted indicator of the current state of the person.

I've heard of people who have learned to see auras, by simply gazing past the subject of interest and relaxing their eyes, and that seems to work for them.

and [MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION], your Reader ought to have told you at least her impressions based on what she saw, that way, if they were true, she would be able to offer you guidance...Dark red usually means very primal, and full of lust, too much lust.

I hope this makes a BIT more sense, but I can elaborate if necessary. (However, time to get back to Biochem hw : P)

P.S-I am also sensitive to the way energy around people feels. I wish I could show you an example of this on video...In my reiki sessions, I always scan the aura/chakras with my eye, fingers, and pendulum before and after the session, and there is always a significant difference.

the and CindyLou like this.
  17. OP
    Poetic Justice

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    Hmmm. I'm kinda leaning towards theory 1 now. Faster vibrations mean higher heat levels. Nothing more

Reiki is nonsense. Or rather, it's the placebo effect. I once pretended to do it to my girlfriend at the time who believed in it. I just sat there and did nothing whilst telling her I was doing it to her. She felt it. She doesn't believe it anymore

18. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Anyone can do Reiki, but it's not a good idea to do if you are not attuned to the energy.
    You can drain your energy in the process, because you are essentially using up your supply for someone else; since you said you were doing it to her, your intention sent that energy to her, regardless of "just sitting there and doing nothing."

Higher vibration means less illness, better circulation, and yes more heat...That's why my hands get very hot during a session.

19. CindyLou

CindyLou Get over it

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Too much lust? Is there such a thing? ;)

the and jyrffw54 like this.
  20. sevenx

sevenx Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    holy cow; so theres a name for that? I just thought I was reeeeaaaalllyyy good at giving massages. :m096:
    Tee hee you learn something new every day.

jyrffw54 likes this.