Right or Left Brain exercise | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Right or Left Brain exercise

It usually appears clockwise(right brain) to me. Only once did it I see it go counter-clockwise - and that was after I was reading some heavy intellectual stuff.

So what you're saying is that I'm not very intellectual?

I knew it

Every time I've ever looked at this it's always turned clockwise. What's odd is that I've done other quizzes and my results have shown that I'm supposedly primarily left brained.

i see it going clockwise...every time... i can't seem to see it going counter-clockwise for the life of me...

The first time I looked at it, it was anti-clockwise and I couldn't get it to turn the other way. Then I tried looking at the bottom corner of the monitor while glancing at the dancer using the corner of my eye, I saw it turning clockwise. I looked back at the dancer again it was turning clockwise, not anti-clockwise any more.

Now every time when I look away and look at the dancer it can turn either way. If I need to switch direction, I have to use the method above to get it to change direction.

:typing:

Right or Left Brain exercises

I see the dancer turning clockwise primarily. Strange, since that's where my brain was damaged by the stroke--major damage, like three lobes affected and about twenty percent of that hemisphere killed off. I could make the dancer turn counter-clockwise by watching her head. Anyway, interesting, And no, Peguy, I don't think anyone could say you aren't intellectual

Clockwise for myself. I cannot see the anti-clockwise motion.

She started CCW for me, but then spontaneously flipped after a minute. I have worked for 10 minutes (maybe more) making her flip back and forth. Flipping her is tricky and I stay in one or the other state just at solidly as the other.

This is so fascinating, I want another one!

Clockwise (right-brain). I can see it counter-clockwise if I force it, but it always defaults back to clockwise.

When looking away at the side of the pirouetting lady relaxing the mind, and focusing at infinity I see her tuning to one side, then flipping turning to the other side, flipping, turning back and so on... Not revolving at all! (Could one say that's what she "really" does?) :smile:

When looking away at the side of the pirouetting lady relaxing the mind, and focusing at infinity I see her tuning to one side, then flipping turning to the other side, flipping, turning back and so on... Not revolving at all! (Could one say that's what she "really" does?) :smile:
Yeah I think you could be right there :O!

I can do this in any direction at will (including half-way and back). But the Right brain direction comes slightly more 'naturally' to me.

Last edited:
At first I see dancer turning clockwise but she change directions at my command every time. I had fun.
happy.gif

Last edited:
at first i saw it anti clockwise but after a few seconds it turned clockwise :p

I saw it both ways, too. First clockwise, then counter, then clockwise again, then counter. Then I started changing it on purpose.

I keep switching her back and forth, each time I turn away from the picture. Initially she's going clockwise, but when I look away for a few seconds and turn back to the picture, she begins spinning in the other direction (counter clockwise).

It kind of makes me dizzy.

Likewise, such was my case as well. It seems to change kind of rapidly actually

Last edited:
I was staring at it for ages thinking how can it change? then i stared at her waist for a bit and thought about the object goin ccw and it did, it was hard to change back but now i can do it all the time. ;)

clockwise, again. i think i initially saw it going counter-clockwise, but then i closed my eyes and reopened them and i see it clockwise every time.

cool- i can see it both ways. just change the focus on the area of the image you're looking at.

Last edited:
Counter-clockwise.

When I look away for awhile and then look back, I always see it moving counter-clockwise first. Once I look away/start reading the text (I realized this when I gave up trying to switch directions the first time), I see the figure, suddenly, moving clockwise.

Reactions: rawr
Counter-Clockwise, but then I started seeing it going clockwise and understood how it could be perceived moving in one direction or the next. My perception, I guess, flipped after she completed two rotations, if that makes any sense at all.

Edit: UGH now she's changing direction in mid-cycle (in respect to the .gif frames). Must. Look. Away.

Last edited: