Brain Hemispheric Dominance Test | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Brain Hemispheric Dominance Test

10 right and 9 left.

It listed all the cognitive processes and I couldn't really derive any meaning from it. I do tend to use all of them though.

Reactions: Sriracha
[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION]

I can't really answer questions asked via rep... but yes I am sure it gave me all of them. It seems that it did so with a couple others here as well.

You'd think it would for example give me linear or holistic, but not both, yet this is not the case. It gave me both for all six pairs.

I'm not certain if this is some kind of error in the test or not.

[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION]

I can't really answer questions asked via rep... but yes I am sure it gave me all of them. It seems that it did so with a couple others here as well.

You'd think it would for example give me linear or holistic, but not both, yet this is not the case. It gave me both for all six pairs.

I'm not certain if this is some kind of error in the test or not.

No I think it is a possibility. :) Just double checking.

10R 9L

These are interesting. There are numerous questions where I can apply both in a somewhat equal sense. It varies around this:

You responded as a right brained person to
11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Type of Cognitive Processing
Brief Description
Holistic Processing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
Random Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
Concrete Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
Intuitive Processes information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
Nonverbal Processes thought as illustrations.
Fantasy-Oriented Processes information with creativity; less focuses on rules and regulations
To this:
You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 12 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use the left side or your brain the most. Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both sides of our brain, but your left side gets the most exercise.

The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Type of Cognitive Processing
Brief Description
Linear Processing information from part to whole in a straight forward logical progression.
Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
Logical Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
Verbal Processes thoughts and ideas with words.
Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

....wut

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10 questions. You seemed to be comfortable using strategies for both sides for the brain. Your preference may be situational and apparent mainly when stress in a factor. This does not necessarily mean that you are ambidextrous. However, you are on your way to becoming whole brained and will benefit from using study strategies useful for both sides of the brain. When you read the descriptions, look for new strategies to try. However, your learning style probably has components from both sides. Some of the traits associated with the left and right side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you.

Linear - Processing information from part to whole in a straight forward logical progression.
Holistic - Processing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
Sequential - Processing information in order from first to last.
Random - Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
Symbolic - Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.

You responded as a right brained person to 12 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Some of the traits associated with the right side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your right sides gets the most exercise.

Holistic Processing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
Random Processing information with out priority, jumps from one task to another.
Concrete Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
Intuitive Processes information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
Nonverbal Processes thought as illustrations.
Fantasy-Oriented Processes information with creativity; less focuses on rules and regulations

13L 6R

11 Right, 8 left

Type of Cognitive ProcessingBrief Description
HolisticProcessing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
RandomProcessing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
ConcreteProcesses things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
IntuitiveProcesses information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
NonverbalProcesses thought as illustrations.
Fantasy-OrientedProcesses information with creativity; less focuses on rules and regulations

I got 8 right brained, 11 left brained, but idk how accurate this is becuase a lot of the questions I could have picked the other answer just as easily and still would have described me just as well. ex. When faced with a major change in life, you are: Excited, Terrified. I experience both at the same time. and this one: What is your desk, work area, or laundry area like? My desk is organized. My laundry is cluttered. So how do I answer this question??? and this one: When making decisions 1. You go with your gut feeling–what I feel is right? 2. You carefully weigh each option. I do the second first, then do the first one, but I almost alway include both in the decision making process..so I don't reallly feel like this test is all that accurate for me.

Right 10 Left 9 - Many of the questions I would have answered both.