Right or Left Brain exercise | INFJ Forum

Right or Left Brain exercise

AUM

The Romantic Scientist
Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if this topic/test has been posted yet but I found this website interesting regarding if you use your left or right brain.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html

I don't know about you guys but I see the mannequin moving clockwise, which supposedly means I use my right hemisphere of the brain more often.

Right Brain
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Every time I look I have looked at this in the past, I see it going counter clockwise. This time is no different. People say you can "force" it to shift, but I have tried all the methods and for the life of me I can not see it the other way.

It's odd too because I am a near 50/50 split between left and right brain.

I've seen this before. My default is to see it going clockwise- right brained. I spent awhile training myself to make it switch directions.

Maybe you're stuck in your left brain IndigoSensor?

It is hard to make it switch. I can't do it right now.

Last edited:
I'm very analytical when I look at objects like that (i.e. I am the last person to notice "beauty" in nature and stuff like that), so that might be why. Since it is a analytical object, I see it as that and only that.

First it was clockwise and I thought it was some kinda joke because no matter how hard I stared it was the same. But then I started reading the text and at the corner of my eye I saw her going counter clockwise. As soon as I spoke to myself in my brain she switched directions.

I finally got her to spin CCW!
I've stared on this for such a long time and never succeded, but I'm to stubborn to give up I guess:m096:

Normally she spinns Clockwise for me :)

I've tried to get her to spin counter clockwise, but I fail everytime. I've tried to look at the shadow, I've tried to analyze the figure, I've tried looking at specific bodyparts, I've tried to reading, solving math puzzles while looking at her, but no.

I guess my right brain is too dominant.

USE Any FINGER!!!!turn your finger clockwise or anti-clockwise!it always works for me..and look at her foot...

Last edited:
I see the dancer moving counter-clockwise, yet I fit the "profile" of a person who uses the right hemisphere of her brain, except for spatial perception, which has always been poor.

I have to wonder if this has anything to do with ther cerebral hemorrhage, which destroyed about 20% of the right hemisphere of my brain. Might that, I wonder, affect the way I see the dancer's movement?. Pre-stroke I was pretty much left-handed, which implies left-hemisphere dominance. Three lobes in the right hemisphere were damaged: temporal, parietal and frontal. My understanding of how the brain heals is that the brain cells killed by the hemorrhage remain dead, but the brain "rewires" itself, using healthy cells in other parts of the brain. So I'm wondering if this would affect my perception of the dancer.

My neurologist told me that people with right-hemisphere damage become more strongly who they were personality-wise, while people with left-hemisphere damage often suffer personality changes.

USE Any FINGER!!!!turn your finger clockwise or anti-clockwise!it always works for me..and look at her foot...

That didn't work at all

If you're left handed that implies left brain dominance?

I'm left handed, well I write with my left hand, everything else is right handed

I saw both directions without trying. At first she was turning ccw then she started going cw, then ccw again and the last time I looked at her she was going cw. I wonder what that means?

Some people use both hemispheres of their brains almost equally--sort og like being ambidextrous. Maybe you're one of them.

Reactions: RetardedMonkey
Some people use both hemispheres of their brains almost equally--sort og like being ambidextrous. Maybe you're one of them.

Thank you Anica! :) You're right, I think I do use both hemispheres of my brain.

I see both.

I've tried to get her to spin counter clockwise, but I fail everytime. I've tried to look at the shadow, I've tried to analyze the figure, I've tried looking at specific bodyparts, I've tried to reading, solving math puzzles while looking at her, but no.

I guess my right brain is too dominant.

Thoes are all right brain activities. To get her to spin CCW, you need to do things like math in your head.

Whoa! Weird!
When the page first opened, I saw it moving counter clockwise, and then instantly it began to move clockwise, and I really have to concentrate to get it to reverse movement.

I'm left handed, we're supposed to be naturally right brained I am told.

"Left handed people are the only ones in their right mind" ha,ha.

Nipples

I mean I see it going both ways, and can switch it whenever. It currently looks like CCW on the left side and CW on the right. If I focus on one direction it'll stay that during the entire spin. Foot seems to be the easiest way to change directions if you want it to.

I keep switching her back and forth, each time I turn away from the picture. Initially she's going clockwise, but when I look away for a few seconds and turn back to the picture, she begins spinning in the other direction (counter clockwise).

It kind of makes me dizzy.