Reading people's eyes | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Reading people's eyes

The thing I immediately noticed on this was that some of these pictures were very very low resolution, and I consistently bombed the low resolution ones while consistently getting all of the high resolution ones. Even the high resolution ones weren't high enough resolution to make out facial features near the eyes. So this test seems a bit bunk to me. 26/36, but if you remove most of the lower resolution ones it would have been closer to 26/27 or something.

The thing I immediately noticed on this was that some of these pictures were very very low resolution, and I consistently bombed the low resolution ones while consistently getting all of the high resolution ones.

For me the make-up on the females and side-long angles threw me not the quality. What's your obsession with picture quality all about? You complained about it on a previous post too. You don't need a 30MB uber resolution TIFF file to glean the emotions behind someone's body language. In our day to day encounters we can give someone a cursory glance and still be able infer their state of mind.

Last edited:

bows head in INFJ shame...

I disagreed with some of the answered they gave. Also, more often then not, I would have chosen a different word from what was on the list. I am rather good at reading someones eyes. Not just on an emotional sense, but I will also pick up a lot about their personality, and past. It's a folley in some cases to make direct eye contact with me.

For me the make-up on the females and side-long angles threw me not the quality. What's your obsession with picture quality all about? You complained about it on a previous post too. You don't need a 30MB uber resolution TIFF file to glean the emotions behind someone's body language. In our day to day encounters we can give someone a cursory glance and still be able infer their state of mind.

Because relying only on the position of the eyes without the context of the surrounding muscles isn't very reliable. In Every day encounters people typically arn't in very low light (so just eyes) at crazy angles. So I guess you could say that the makeup and the crazy angles and bad lighting threw me (directly because there often wasn't any way to orient yourself because the rest of the face was too hard to see).

Because relying only on the position of the eyes without the context of the surrounding muscles isn't very reliable. In Every day encounters people typically arn't in very low light (so just eyes) at crazy angles. So I guess you could say that the makeup and the crazy angles and bad lighting threw me (directly because there often wasn't any way to orient yourself because the rest of the face was too hard to see).

I agree that you can't always tell from eyes alone. However, you can still gather much more then you are saying, and I am speaking from experience. We wouldn't be talking about threads of these types of topics if there were any truth to them.

I agree that you can't always tell from eyes alone. However, you can still gather much more then you are saying, and I am speaking from experience. We wouldn't be talking about threads of these types of topics if there were any truth to them.

Really? You have lots of experience looking at the eyes without the context of faces? Without the context of the muscles around the eye? I've never seen such pictures before outside of this test, and I certainly don't experience such things offline. How do you know your "just" using the position of the eyes?
Edit: To clarify, I agree with everything you said. I just am very skeptical that your getting all of your information from the eyes without the context of the face, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? You have lots of experience looking at the eyes without the context of faces? Without the context of the muscles around the eye? I've never seen such pictures before outside of this test, and I certainly don't experience such things offline. How do you know your "just" using the position of the eyes?
Edit: To clarify, I agree with everything you said. I just am very skeptical that your getting all of your information from the eyes without the context of the face, etc.

You can't get everything from looking solely at somones eyes, but you can still gather a decent ammount.

You can't get everything from looking solely at somones eyes, but you can still gather a decent ammount.

The problem is that your using the rest of the face without knowing it. The position of the eyes themselves is rarely revealing. Eyebrows, etc can be.

That's awesome, you're like some kind of android that can't extrapolate basic human intent unless the gradient of lighting, muscular alignment and resolution is just so.

That's awesome, you're like some kind of android that can't extrapolate basic human intent unless the gradient of lighting, muscular alignment and resolution is just so.

The problem is false positives, not not being able to do it. I can do a bunch of things if I don't care about the false positive rate. The problem is that on many subtle expressions of the eyes the actual emotion can be a good many things depending on what the rest of the face is doing. When someone is angry or annoyed, (certain expressions that have really obvious tells in the eyebrows) its easy. But eye movements corresponding to stressing out and eye movements corresponding to attraction can be the exact same. With less visible details, its hard to make any sort of guess on what the actual underlying emotion is. But you know, hey. I can predict the lotto numbers given enough tries. Who cares that the false positives will bankrupt me.

Edit: Why don't you actually listen to what I'm saying instead of just trolling the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was interesting

I got 30 out of 36. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

As and INFJ, I think of myself as being pretty sensitive to other people's body language. Does anyone else feel that way?

Woo! 33/36

is it possible that i scored higher than the average INFJ?

did they just call me autistic? o_O

That was very interesting, thank you. I wish I'd gotten above 30. My score was 29. Unfortunately, I did second guess myself a few times and ended up picking the wrong feeling/thought. :m173: