Reading people's eyes | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Reading people's eyes

i got a 27 :(

annoyingly, when i clicked next and at the split second just before the ans came out, my N would scream the correct ans and then the ans would pop out as if to annoy me AHHAHA:m179:

i totally recognise claudia schiffer, victoria adams, luke perry, cindy crawford, keanu reeves, etc etcetc lol !

That was fun.

32. The ones I got wrong were when I second-guessed myself.

Wow I got like six wrong in a row. I like body language more though. It's about the big picture.

I got 30. I would have gotten a tad higher, but I second guessed myself once or twice. Better than I thought I would...

That was really really interesting. Thank you very much for coming up with it.

I got 28.

But...

First off, it's important again that English is not my native language and 1-2 went wrong by not knowing the exact layers of meaning behind a sole adjective.

Second, I had a strange feel at first, sometimes I almost felt like I *know* the exact word for it and it wasn't on the list. So I had to find second best answers - it was really irritating.

Third. It is connected to the second. At the 14th I developed a new approach. Instead of jumping between the words and the picture I went straight to the picture and tried to be aware of the particular feeling and facial expression *then* looking at the words. I almost always found the best suited one. From then on, from the 14th on, I missed only one. I should have thought it through from the beginning and I could have done it much better. Well... I always find some error in my performance I'm never fully content with it.

I'm gonna fire it up on Facebook and wonder how my acquaintances and friends come along.

Intense experience, thank you once again.

Yeah, the ones I got wrong were the ones I thought too hard about.
Some of the words I wanted weren't there, and I had to rationalize what I interpreted the eyes to be saying with the words given, which tripped me up a bit.
I thought the women were harder too.

I thought I did this one already. Tried it again, and I'm pretty sure I got a different one wrong this time. Same score though. 35/36.

I did the test last week and got 31.

32 - This was neat. I learned a lot about facial expressions watching Lie To Me.

Interesting test!

NTs probably are significantly less able to pick up on subtle, almost subconscious clues like microexpressions. That should be highlighted by a test like this, which focuses on small differences in the eyes that many will be unable to discern (or attach a meaning to).
I'm not that bad at reading people myself, but it is more learned than innate: I look for broader signals, ones that are most pronounced over time (in motion) rather than in a snapshot. Similarly, autistic people are known to focus more on the mouth area than the eyes when trying to read emotions, probably because the mouth initially would seem to be the most expressive part (bigger, and moving and changing shape much more).
Lol I got a 30. I've seen ENTP's score in the top 1% for EQ- more like top 0.01%. I can understand how this would be true for the other NT personalities though.