Post your Enneagram | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Post your Enneagram

I'm constantly oscillating between 4, 6, and 9. I think all of them describe me on any given day. Maybe I should give up on this, because I ultimately don't believe in the enneagram as much as MBTI. I see too many possible enneagram types for NFs, and not enough for, say, IST types. Too many descriptions seem to have been written by biased NFs.

Case in point, this site has some of my favourite descriptions, but I can't make them mesh. How does Type 8 correspond to Ne? Should I try to make them correspond at all?

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeEightOverview.asp

Four and Nine have something in common. They are part of the Withdrawn Triad, so you aren't completely lost. Due to Stress and Growth directions Healthy Sixes can look like Healthy Nines while Unhleathy Nines can look like Average Sixes. Conversely; Unhealthy Sixes can look like Average Threes, whilst only Healthier Nines seem like Threes.

4w5 and 9w1 often test as each other. I think the secret to differentiating them is in the Instintual Variants but I still don't understand them.

It is becoming apparent to me that any correlation between Myers-Briggs Types and Enneagram Types is rather weak. On the Ennegram Instutute they make some comparisons such as Type Two = Fe, Type Nine = Si and Type Eight = Ne, but I know of Fi dominant Twos, Se dominant Nines and Ni dominant Eights.

Type Correlations

People have found all sorts of patterns between the models.

The funny part is, that all made perfect sense to me!

Would the withdrawn triad, of which Fours and Nines are members, also include Fives? Sixes, Twos and Ones are probably more in the ambivert category, while Threes, Sevens and Eights are the most obvious extraverts.

Tangent: I just figured out why I love watching "Keeping Up Appearances" so much! It's not that Hyacinth is an overbearing ESFJ. It's that she's an extreme 2w1 (or perhaps 1w2) married to an average Nine, each vying for supremacy on their common One wing! Wow, there might be something to this after all.

I'm equally a 2 and 9, but can't see any part of a 1 in me. I'm not nearly well versed in ennegram theory as I am in MBTI, so does someone feel like helping me with this one?

^It's very possible you're a 2w3 or 9w8 without being anything-w1. Sorry, that's not very helpful, but I don't concentrate on wings or variants as much. That's where the descriptions start to look foggy to me. Sometimes they seem to apply, sometimes they don't.

I'm a five, but sometimes I'm a 5w4. I also get two ALOT and eight sometimes.

i oscillate between 5w4 and 4w5 and it confuses me because INFJs tend much more toward type 4 while INTPs toward type 5 (as a generalization). both my F and J are low, perhaps this has something to do with my enneagram results? a key distinguishing feature is that 5s are usually not as comfortable with emotions, while emotions are natural for 4s. even with that, i can't really put myself in either of those boxes.

Eclectic Energies #1: 1w9 or 1w2 or 2w1

Eclectic Energies #2: 9w1 sp

Similar Minds: 1 so/sp/sx

Type 1s "live with an overbearing internal critic that never rests." How true. And what a pain in the ass. :(

ETA: On the two question test flux posted here, I chose B & X = 9

Last edited:
6w5 on eclectic energies- longer test, shorter test- 6w5 social variant, on similar minds type 6 soc/sx/sp variant

I want to be type four, not six!!! Life sucks.

4, 4w5

4w5 or 5w4 similarminds

Rainrise, I'm on halfsies F/T and J/P. While I'm very wet emotionally, my art is 5ish.

typescoretype behavior motivation419 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.318 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.518 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.618 I must be secure and safe to be happy.117 I must be perfect and good to be happy.916 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.713 I must be high and entertained to be happy.211 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.83 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

I don't get how you work out the #x# thing.

4, 4w5

4w5 or 5w4 similarminds

Rainrise, I'm on halfsies F/T and J/P. While I'm very wet emotionally, my art is 5ish.

:m200: cool

4 w 5

The last time i checked i was either 4w5 or 5w4...

Changed my mind, I think I'm more likely 6w5. 1s, 2s, and 6s are "superego" types and thus can be confused with each other.