Most Common INFJ Enneagram types? | INFJ Forum

Most Common INFJ Enneagram types?

Harleah

Dec 19, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi all, I recently decided to take the enneagram tests and got these results (link to site will be added)

First test
https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.22.50 PM.png
Second test
http://enneagramuserguide.com/enneagram-tests/tritype-wing
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.00.15 PM.png

The threads that I've read claimed that enneagram 4 was the most common for INFJ's? I think that infj's can come in different flavours regardless of enneagram, but I'm unsure.
I'm curious to see if any INFJ's share the same enneagram as me, if not, what is yours??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.22.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.22.50 PM.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Misty
4s tend to be more common among infjs but not dependant upon one for the other to occur. People are all very different, you can't categorize a person in such a rigid way as to say all infjs are definitely ______ but you can observe general trends and similarities. People aren't just a type but they may have tendencies to behave or think similarly to the labels given by mbti and enneagram or anything else. I'm a 9 but sometimes misinterpreted as a 5.

I believe that different enneagrams give people of the same MBTI type different flavors. Enneagram 4 tends to have a correlation with IxFx temperament I think.

Reactions: Ren
When I first got into MBTI I used to type INFJ 4w5, which seem to be a pretty common combination. I can't remember if those were the real INFJs or just wannabe posers though ;)

No but I think 4s 2s 9s(?) were decently common for INFJ. You could search for MBTI enneagram correlation if you're interested, there should probably be some correlation chart floating around.

4s tend to be more common among infjs but not dependant upon one for the other to occur. People are all very different, you can't categorize a person in such a rigid way as to say all infjs are definitely ______ but you can observe general trends and similarities. People aren't just a type but they may have tendencies to behave or think similarly to the labels given by mbti and enneagram or anything else. I'm a 9 but sometimes misinterpreted as a 5.
People aren't just a type, they have an enneagram too!

edit: as for my 2 cents, don't read into it as something inherit to yourself.

Reactions: Wyote
Come over to the dark 5 side my friend, you're almost there :smilingimp:

designbyhumans-doyouwantacookie.jpg

People aren't just a type, they have an enneagram too!

And a Big Five, and a Holland Code, and a Hogwarts House... and... and....

In the beginning I used to think I was a 5, because I never thought I could be a "perfectionist". That was until I read how it was meant. I am most definitely a 1. It's not an uncommon type among INFJs either, or so I heard. I would be surprised to see an 8 or a 3. That is probably a rare one. For a dominant, at least. As for most common, there seem to be a lot of 4s and 2s, not to forget the 9s ;)

Come over to the dark 5 side my friend, you're almost there :smilingimp:

In the beginning I used to think I was a 5, because I never thought I could be a "perfectionist". That was until I read how it was meant. I am most definitely a 1. It's not an uncommon type among INFJs either, or so I heard. I would be surprised to see an 8 or a 3. That is probably a rare one. For a dominant, at least. As for most common, there seem to be a lot of 4s and 2s, not to forget the 9s ;)

Used to very much so think I was a 5. Sometimes I still question it.

If I am a 2, I didn't think I was common. People have hurtled at me that I MUST be a Fe-dom, if I'm a 2. Which, I have to admit, I think is kind of ridiculous. I think anyone of any type, can be any enneagram. And I can't imagine being a Fe-dom. I know Fe-doms. I tire myself out, just thinking of it.

Used to very much so think I was a 5. Sometimes I still question it.

If I am a 2, I didn't think I was common. People have hurtled at me that I MUST be a Fe-dom, if I'm a 2. Which, I have to admit, I think is kind of ridiculous. I think anyone of any type, can be any enneagram. And I can't imagine being a Fe-dom. I know Fe-doms. I tire myself out, just thinking of it.
Sometimes I feel like an Fe-dom too, but then I think a step further and knowing that the other two just don't fit in strength and use, I feel relieved, and then guilty for feeling relieved.

Reactions: Wyote and hush
Sometimes I feel like an Fe-dom too, but then I think a step further and knowing that the other two just don't fit in strength and use, I feel relieved, and then guilty for feeling relieved.

My oldest sister is an ENFJ, and proud of being an ENFJ, and so much an ENFJ. When I am wondering about the possibility of being one, I think about her amazing networking skills, and know that I fall so, so short. But not just that, just - goodness, that Fe, lol. I sometimes consider being ISFJ, but regardless, her and I are the only siblings with Fe in our top stack. I have 4 siblings and am in the perhaps odd position of all 4 knowing about the MBTI, but... those other sibs are ENFP, INFP, and ISTJ. A lot of Fi+Te.

My oldest sister is an ENFJ, and proud of being an ENFJ, and so much an ENFJ. When I am wondering about the possibility of being one, I think about her amazing networking skills, and know that I fall so, so short. But not just that, just - goodness, that Fe, lol. I sometimes consider being ISFJ, but regardless, her and I are the only siblings with Fe in our top stack. I have 4 siblings and am in the perhaps odd position of all 4 knowing about the MBTI, but... those other sibs are ENFP, INFP, and ISTJ. A lot of Fi+Te.
Both my mother and sister are per test ISFJs, and believe me, you are not.

Reactions: Wyote and hush
But I've been accused as such! Therefore, it must be true?

: p
The people you should believe least are the ones telling you that you are something or other. Even me. You know the truth for yourself, no matter the internal struggles.

The people you should believe least are the ones telling you that you are something or other. Even me. You know the truth for yourself, no matter the internal struggles.

I don't believe anyone.

Enneagram 5, right??

(but not really)

Reactions: Wyote and Ginny
For the longest time I thought I was a 9, but then I got landslided by all the real 9s that there was no way I could be one. They told me that I'm too dark and pessimistic(which is true).

Then I migrated to the 5s, and while I fitted nicely and had some cool, deep discussions with them, I got called out on being too feel-y.

Finally, on a nice, lazy Sunday afternoon I read a detailed book on the enneagram(forgot which one), and realized that there was a much deeper and "spiritual" side to this system. Once you start analyzing your drives and fears, levels of integration/disintegration etc, you start piecing all the necessary information to come up with a holistic understanding of your true type. The hand fitted the glove nicely from that when I found out I was a 4.

I still have doubts from time to time, but I think that has to do with my over-analyzing and personal issues.

Moral of the story: understand the system, do not rely on lousy tests(and angry 9s and 5s).

Once you start analyzing your drives and fears, levels of integration/disintegration etc, you start piecing all the necessary information to come up with a holistic understanding of your true type.

It's really the only way to figure it out

Reactions: Ren, Ginny and AUM
Takes too much work though :(

200w.gif
Too much, too little... the only thing that you need to ask yourself is whether it's time well spent, and if it is worth the effort to eventually know yourself a little better.

Reactions: Wyote and AUM
Too much, too little... the only thing that you need to ask yourself is whether it's time well spent, and if it is worth the effort to eventually know yourself a little better.

Personally, I can't find a reason why someone would forgo that opportunity to not know themselves. It's one of the greatest investments you can do in your life. Sure, the journey can be a bit tumultuous sometimes, full of anxieties and sometimes dread. However, the price for not doing it, in my opinion, is much worse.