Post your dreams! | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

:m130:

copypaste

Last year, I dreamt about me going to school, and when I got there, the hallways were blocked off by policemen. Apparently, two students had been murdered and their body parts were scattered all over the place, and the police were "guarding" the body parts. Classes were allowed to continue, however. Throughout the day, people "dared" each other to get as close to the body parts as possible and just take a peek at what happened. Then they'd run away in disgust.

And this summer, I had probably one of my most frightening dreams. There was this "choir." They were really tiny, and they were on a riser. In my kitchen sink. Over my garbage disposal. Very weird. Anyway, one of the people in the choir happened to be one my former friends, and I guess I was trying to "keep them alive", I can't explain it, but I was preventing something bad from happening. Well, they fell through the garbage disposal and it turned on just as they fell. And the screams were torture. I ran away from the scene and went upstairs to my room, because I was freaking out. I couldn't stop it from happening, so I felt like a murderer. Even worse, someone downstairs had recorded the screams of the choir and they were playing it over and over and over again, very vividly. Then I woke up. After I had this dream, I literally could not look at the garbage disposal for about week, let alone hear it whir. I don't know why.

So I told my brain "Brain, solve this problem with this boy. I DO NOT LIKE it."

I dreamed that I went to a camp for girls who were in bad relationships.

Go. Figure.

Like I said, my subconscious is silly.

Maybe someone with a good grasp on symbolism or at least a better one on psychology can figure this one out. :p

So this is a dream that I've had at an exceptional length of how long it's been recurring, and while a few minor details change, it's essentially the same dream to a tee as far as the general gist of it goes.

It always starts with me and a young lady (longish and darker hair, glasses, presumably right around my age), hiding in a room where the door is shut. She's in the corner, While I'm leaning against the wall towards the door. She's definitely distressed, and I am as well, though I have considerably more determination than I normally do, generally as I would when trying to protect someone.

This normally last for a while, no talking. All communication between me and the girl seems to be almost telepathic though, all things considered. Not like voices in the head telepathic, just a bit of a precognitive(?) sort of sense. Normally it's during this time that I'll be reading the atmosphere of the room from outside the scene, and piecing together that the building is very obviously abandoned (I think it's a hotel or apartment), and that there's something that's chasing us. Something that I have to protect her from. The time of day has differed slightly from dream to dream, but it's normally mid-day to early evening. One window off to the side of the room that for some reason seems to be unjustifiably a safe spot.

All of the sudden, the door will burst open, and I'll immediately grab the nearest [insert bludgeoning item here] and begin fending off whatever horde is trying to get in. This is where a few variables come in, though I'm not sure if they are significant. The item I grab has been a crowbar, a chunk of wood, a katana (haha), or a metal pole. The 'enemies' are usually some kind of a soldier-type person, or in a few rare instances zombies, which I found a bit funny after waking up. Either way, there's no sense of communication between myself and the vast number of people I'm fending off. Just a constant feeling that I have to protect the girl at any cost. Every time I've either driven everything off, killed the attackers, or died as I took the last one down, but even when it's showing definite signs that I won't make it, I'll still continue at it until I know she's safe.

I... have NO idea what exactly this means. It's been usually once or twice a week though now for the past few years. Definitely makes it easier to figure out when I'm having a different dream though.

I dreamt that Obama jumped off a building to kill himself, he died, but came back to life and he was different.

Then he nuked the capitol of norway

good times

I dreamt that Obama jumped off a building to kill himself, he died, but came back to life and he was different.

Then he nuked the capitol of norway

good times

I was like "what? norway? random." And then I looked at where you're from...

It always starts with me and a young lady (longish and darker hair, glasses, presumably right around my age),

at first, I was like "HEY! that describes ME!" And then I realized that that describes a lot of people....

Unless of course the hair is reddishy brown, and was obviously dyed red at some point and has faded, and the glasses are green and brown and square hipster frames. in which case..that's just eerie.

Last edited:
I actually had TWO very interesting dreams.

The first one involved my younger brother and I running down the street of our neighborhood at night. None of the streetlights were on and it was basically pitch black. after a while of running, we ran back to our house to find our older brother, his girlfriend and two other people. But they were acting very funny and off and actually started threatening us. They then told us that they were only clones and came to get rid of us for some reason. Don't remember much after that because I woke up during the evening.

I then went back to sleep and dreamed that I was lost in a city. After a while of trying to find familiar places and people, I started making my way back home. I then made my way back to my neighborhood and for some reason, walked into someone's house. I heard footsteps and tried to run away but they caught me. It was a somewhat short and stocky women who asked me what I was doing in her house. I old her I was looking for my own house and she asked me where I lived. I gave her my street address and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me that that particular street had been burned down years before and everyone who lived there had died in the fire. Feeling freaked out, I ran out of the house and to the street that I lived on to find that the entire street was charbroiled and the houses hadn't been renovated yet. I was in complete horror and shock to find my house practically burned to the ground and I guess I then knew that I was dead...and then I woke up.

Reactions: slant
I actually had TWO very interesting dreams.

The first one involved my younger brother and I running down the street of our neighborhood at night. None of the streetlights were on and it was basically pitch black. after a while of running, we ran back to our house to find our older brother, his girlfriend and two other people. But they were acting very funny and off and actually started threatening us. They then told us that they were only clones and came to get rid of us for some reason. Don't remember much after that because I woke up during the evening.

I then went back to sleep and dreamed that I was lost in a city. After a while of trying to find familiar places and people, I started making my way back home. I then made my way back to my neighborhood and for some reason, walked into someone's house. I heard footsteps and tried to run away but they caught me. It was a somewhat short and stocky women who asked me what I was doing in her house. I old her I was looking for my own house and she asked me where I lived. I gave her my street address and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me that that particular street had been burned down years before and everyone who lived there had died in the fire. Feeling freaked out, I ran out of the house and to the street that I lived on to find that the entire street was charbroiled and the houses hadn't been renovated yet. I was in complete horror and shock to find my house practically burned to the ground and I guess I then knew that I was dead...and then I woke up.

hehe, you're a creepy ghost that people think is a real person!

hehe, you're a creepy ghost that people think is a real person!

lol. Yeah, I must admit that was probably the most memorable and peculiar (not to mention scary) dream I've had in a very long time!

For the last several months I have been able-bodied in my dreams, walking, using my left arm and hand so freely that I sometimes feel surprised during the day by their paralysis.

In last night's dream I found myself walking down a street in Demver, on my way to my childhood home in the foothills, about 25 miles away. My brindle Bullmastiff, Darla (who irl passed away from bone cancer a year ago), walked beside me companionably. I wasn't sure exactly what way to take, but I was confident we'd get home. Along the way, we met a group of men I recognized as movie stars, though all wore full beards and hoods as if to disguise themselves. Still, I recognized them. I walked past them and one separated himself from the group and began to walk beside me. By this time the dog with me was Lady, a long-haired German Shpherd that was the companion of my childhood. As the man and I walked, he settled his arm comfortably around my waist and began to talk.

"So," he asked, "what do you do when you're being serious and dignified?"

I assumed he was asking me what I did for a living, so I smiled and replied, "I write and do pretty much whatever I want. I took early retirement at 43 as the result of a cerebral hemorrhage." It was at this point and this point only that I noticed my left arm was slightly weaker and less coordinated than my right, but I could still move it freely. The man then asked me to visit his studio where he and the other men were making a film. I agreed and by the time we arrived, they had decided I would be the perfect "second lead" in the film. There was a great bustling around then as a room had to be prepared for me that would be worthy. In the meantime, I was shown to a room where I would wait until my star-quality room was finished. This room was quite beautiful and I couldn't imagine that something even finer was being readied. The room was bright yellow with large windows, so it was light and airy. Some silver ornamented strings hung from the ceiling and an ornamental silver mirror hung on the wall.

A lovely older Latino woman entered with some fragrant tea and placed it in front of me. She asked me if I'd like some toast--or anything else I desired--to go with the tea and I replied that toast would be fine. Somehow I knew it would be delicious. She said she'd bring the toast in about half an hour and left. A few minutes later three men entered the room bearing small jewlery boxes of green, red and black velvet, all embroidered with intricate designs in gold thread. I had time to open only the green one, which contained a delicate ivory bracelet--before the alarm sounded. Damn! I could've stayed in that dream a lot longer.

Recently I've been dreaming about Metcalf, my beloved art building. Here is last night's incarnation of the Metcalf Dream.

Last night, I dreamed that Metcalf had become a gigantic rambling mansion. It was actually a very very neat mansion, at least three stories tall (I think it was three stories and an attic, I remember the third floor of the west wing very well and there were narrow stairs - they feature prominently a bit later on - going up at one end) and in the shape of a square with a courtyard in the middle. The first part of the dream was really quite nice - I had a drawing class (probably figure drawing) with a whole bunch of really awesome people, and we were all really good friends and ran around and laughed and talked and such. There was one particularly epic game of hide and go seek.
But then, the dream took a darker turn. It was the last day of the semester. My final project (five hand compositions) was due. I was done, and I taped them all to my drawing board and wrapped them up in my green blanket. I went to the third floor for something and put them down. It was only when I had made my way back down several flights of stairs that I realized, "OH NO. Where is my project???" I had no idea. I searched all over the entire building. I made my way back up to the third floor and started looking there. Half of the lights were off, because it was the last day of the semester, so it was creepy. There was one room in particular that I was terrified of - it had a piano by itself, a lone bare dim lightbulb as far away from the piano as possible, and the walls, ceiling, and floor were made entirely of mirrors. (It still gives me the heebiejeebies just thinking about it. ;aldkfs;ljkl!!!) I wanted to look in the attic so I went to the stairs, but they were weird stairs. I had to raise my arms all the way over my head and grasp the lip of the next stair, and pull my way up. I took a long time to figure this out - grabbing it in different ways, trying to get enough leverage. [I woke up with my arms above my head.] The butler (who I think was half ghost) glided by and gave me a disapproving glare. I turned around and there was my final project! I grabbed it and ran back downstairs. I woke up worrying about whether or not I had cleaned out my art drawers, and almost called the school before I realized that I had.

The most memorable parts of this dream were the mirror-piano room and the weird difficult stairs. Interpretations, anyone........?

Last edited:
The Mansion Motif

Last night, I dreamed that Metcalf had become a ➼gigantic rambling mansion↵. It was actually a very very→neat mansion←, .....
The first part of the dream was really quite nice - ... whole bunch of really awesome people, ...all really good friends...
There was one particularly epic game of hide and go seek.

... the dream took a darker turn. ..
.."OH NO. Where is my project???" ...I
made my way back up to the third floor ..
.Half of the lights were off, ...so it was creepy.
There was one room in particular that I was terrified of - it had a piano by itself, a lone bare dim lightbulb as far away from the piano as possible, and the walls, ceiling, and floor were made entirely of mirrors. ...
I wanted to look in the attic so I went to the stairs, but they were weird stairs. I had to raise my arms all the way over my head and grasp the lip of the next stair, and pull my way up... The butler (who I think was half ghost) glided by and gave me a disapproving glare. I turned around and there was my final project!
These are great images. Perhaps the familiar and fun part of the mansion is your consciousness , and the whacked out part is your unconsciousness. The piano and mirrors could use some amplification by you, what do pianos stir up for you, did you play or take lessons at some point, what are your feelings about those experiences. I love the part where you have to go back to the third floor and it is exceedingly difficult for you to get in there. It almost seems like a birth of sorts. It is in this inner recess of your unconsciousness where your "final project" is waiting.
Nice Dream, thank you for sharing.

Sometimes I have dreams about maths. I can see long equations in my mind, different shapes and things. I can never work out the answers during the dreams, and yet I'm left with a deep feeling that I do know the answer. I'm quite into music, but I'm not very good at picture puzzles. I kind of 'hear' rather than see things.

I used to have a terrible recurring dream of falling down bottomless stairs when I was a child. I always slipped and missed my footing, reached up to grab the rail and just missed saving myself. I think 'falling dreams' are quite common. I'm just glad I don't get that one now. It used to scare the proverbial out of me.

Recently I've been dreaming about Metcalf, my beloved art building. Here is last night's incarnation of the Metcalf Dream.

Last night, I dreamed that Metcalf had become a gigantic rambling mansion. It was actually a very very neat mansion, at least three stories tall (I think it was three stories and an attic, I remember the third floor of the west wing very well and there were narrow stairs - they feature prominently a bit later on - going up at one end) and in the shape of a square with a courtyard in the middle. The first part of the dream was really quite nice - I had a drawing class (probably figure drawing) with a whole bunch of really awesome people, and we were all really good friends and ran around and laughed and talked and such. There was one particularly epic game of hide and go seek.
But then, the dream took a darker turn. It was the last day of the semester. My final project (five hand compositions) was due. I was done, and I taped them all to my drawing board and wrapped them up in my green blanket. I went to the third floor for something and put them down. It was only when I had made my way back down several flights of stairs that I realized, "OH NO. Where is my project???" I had no idea. I searched all over the entire building. I made my way back up to the third floor and started looking there. Half of the lights were off, because it was the last day of the semester, so it was creepy. There was one room in particular that I was terrified of - it had a piano by itself, a lone bare dim lightbulb as far away from the piano as possible, and the walls, ceiling, and floor were made entirely of mirrors. (It still gives me the heebiejeebies just thinking about it. ;aldkfs;ljkl!!!) I wanted to look in the attic so I went to the stairs, but they were weird stairs. I had to raise my arms all the way over my head and grasp the lip of the next stair, and pull my way up. I took a long time to figure this out - grabbing it in different ways, trying to get enough leverage. [I woke up with my arms above my head.] The butler (who I think was half ghost) glided by and gave me a disapproving glare. I turned around and there was my final project! I grabbed it and ran back downstairs. I woke up worrying about whether or not I had cleaned out my art drawers, and almost called the school before I realized that I had.

The most memorable parts of this dream were the mirror-piano room and the weird difficult stairs. Interpretations, anyone........?

I hope you don't get that dream to often, it sounds like perhaps some worry or anxiety manifesting. The weird stairs sound like maybe some difficult but achieveable escape route? I really can't guess about the piano or mirrors, did you hear any music? I know in film and drama this is almost always scarier than the image alone would be. The subconcious is a strange thing.

Last edited:
These are great images. Perhaps the familiar and fun part of the mansion is your consciousness , and the whacked out part is your unconsciousness. The piano and mirrors could use some amplification by you, what do pianos stir up for you, did you play or take lessons at some point, what are your feelings about those experiences. I love the part where you have to go back to the third floor and it is exceedingly difficult for you to get in there. It almost seems like a birth of sorts. It is in this inner recess of your unconsciousness where your "final project" is waiting.
Nice Dream, thank you for sharing.
I did play piano for many years - about 8, but I was 2 when I started and 10 when I stopped (my mom was a piano teacher). If I were to have a dream about an instrument that was particularly significant because of its instrumentness, it would be a violin - I played that for 10 years and I still have it sitting around. That's the instrument that I would play if I did play one. I think it was more the imagery of the piano in the room of mirrors. I don't like mirrors in a dark room. The idea of seeing something in the mirror that isn't in the actual room is terrifying to me. Luckily, that didn't happen in the dream or it would have been completely a nightmare.

I hope you don't get that dream to often, it sounds like perhaps some worry or anxiety manifesting.
I think that's what it is. My interpretation of this particular dream is as follows:
Metcalf is a place of comfort for me; I retreat there whenever the world is too much to handle. I love it; some of my happiest moments have been spent in that building. The fact that it changed into something else is disconcerting.
My friends are similarly a place of comfort, and I feel that I came into my own with them this past semester. However, in five days I will go back to school after break, and my friend Melanie will be back from study abroad. I think I was Mel for some people this past semester; all of my friendships will change - probably pretty drastically - when she comes back.
I associate myself very strongly with my art - my art is me. The fact that I lost a project is like losing myself..........

bah.

Ahh, so supposedly there was this epic biology adventure, snd Indigosensor is there, he tells me that the objective of the same is to rescuse some glooy thing while avoiding the green ones, so he gives me this random magic stick too step on the green ones, to gain health I was supposed to get bananas, and I was also supposed to bring back, spposedly there was obstacles however and the green ones wher around not to mention spiders...so I go anywhere, and I see Ria there singin, when I tell her about it..she laughed, then she ask if we could work together, indigo was there too, but just as we were about t get to this area, I get suck in some forest like tree area near a spider web, then I be ia to take me out since I have phobiaof spiders and she's like no!!!you must overcome your fear, so she ended up throwing the spiders at me..and I was lke ah!!!and then she was like you did it!!so she took me ou later and we went on our way towards Indigo...and that's it lmao..dreams about forum members are funny.

I did play piano for many years - about 8, but I was 2 when I started and 10 when I stopped (my mom was a piano teacher). ....... I think it was more the imagery of the piano in the room of mirrors. I don't like mirrors in a dark room. The idea of seeing something in the mirror that isn't in the actual room is terrifying to me. h.

From the ages of 2-10 you played piano, with your mom as the teacher? that is interesting. Lots of opportunities for stress ➔suppressed behavior ➔ complexes (shadow material in your unconsciousness).
In the dream you do not play the piano rather it is in an isolated room surrounded by mirrors. This does seem like an invitation to ponder those things that you were encouraged to set aside as you learned from your mom, simple things like, don't hit or bite, don't yell. We all learn how to behave well by being encouraged to stop doing things that are inappropriate.
but there is the invitation to delve deeper. The Mirrors, the lone light bulb.
Your amplification of mirrors in a dark room, the idea of something in the mirror that is not a reflection. I love that. If it is not a reflection of what is known then it is an image of what is not known.
just guessing

I did play piano for many years - about 8, but I was 2 when I started and 10 when I stopped (my mom was a piano teacher).

This may seem like a very odd question, but perchance are you ambidexterous, or at least able to use your non-dominant hand pretty well? Just something I've noticed with people who've played piano in general.

As far as dreams go though, I can say I'm usually a bit disdainful of the ones where I'm rushing a project for class, or worst of all at work. At one point, when I had spent about a half-year in fast food, I had a horrible dream that after the store had been closed for a bit at it's normal closing time, all of the sudden it reopened, and there were hundreds of cars lined up across the streets. I remember while frantically trying to keep everything in check I looked over at my actual clock (a temporary state of having woken up?) and immediately back in the dream was freaking out because it was 4am and I was still at work. The worst part though was that I had a closing shift the night before, and was working a morning shift the next day, so my time between shifts was spent at dream-work.

On the bright side, the plant life outside of the building was a bit nicer in the dream. It was too dark to see it well, but it seemed much more lush than I was used to.

Black River

S.(my wife) the Kids (they were young here, like 5&6) and I were encouraged by my mom to swim into the river. The water was black (but not dirty) and the bottom felt like teeth. I told S to keep her feet up. The river just started from a bank or bit of a strand and flowed away. We started flowing with the current through the country side which was hilly and verdant. The river seemed to end or go under ground at a mountain or a ridge. We climbed out and scouted the way around or over the land. First we were on a walkway which led into a road. It was dangerously laid out as it the walkway spilled right into traffic. I was nervous but S and the kids crossed easily. The one car that passed us was on the wrong side of the road and the car seem foreign. We came to a structure made of concrete with a door in it. It had one door that was closed and seemed that it was the door to a home. It was wooden and old looking and had a number or a name on a plaque that I couldn't read but seemed personalized. The other door way was open. It seemed an access for repairs but S decided that was the way to go. We climbed up a series of ladders and landings (that all seemed flimsily made from plastic) to the top. All of this was in a poorly lighted shaft. The last ladder ended with no way out. We climbed back down and passed a police man or security guard who paid us no mind. We walked around the outside of the structure and got back into the river where it came out the other side.

This was a few years back, it's a fairly short dream but seems to be heavily symbolic. I said I'd post it here in the spirit animal test thread.

Previous to the dream I'm about to post, I had a different one where a wolf watched me for about half of it, silently.

I was behind my grandparents house(They live on a farmstead, so very rural), and saw a deer walking by completely unafraid of me(or really taking much notice of me at all). It was winter and there was plenty of snow on the ground. As it walked by me I noticed a wolf coming out of the woods stalking it. I was worried for the deer, and started making snowballs and tossing them at the wolf hoping to frighten it away. Eventually I tripped backwards and fell into the snow. The wolf bolted past me and chased the deer around the house to the front side where they both jumped through a glass window. I got up and ran after them, but was knocked down and pinned by the wolf I saw in the previous dream. He wasn't hostile, and simply spoke "Do not follow them" quite calmly.

I woke up somewhat confused for the rest of the day.