Post your dreams! | Page 17 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

I just recalled a dream I had two nights ago. I'll try and piece it together, but its long and patchy. I'm not sure how much sense it will make, but it defiantely had emotional effects on me. I seem to have many dreams where I revisit the same place with different plots playing out. It's very weird because I can't remember the other dreams, I just know I've been there before. It is almost like a dream deja vu. So it was with this one.

I'm drving a Blazer or some kind of 4x4 though a winding road with woods all around it. I'm far from civilization. I have people in the vehicle with me, but an not aware of who at that time. I start to crest a hill and immediately come to a stop right at the top. I know what I'm going to find. The first few times I came this way (in my dreams) it was disaster. As I sit at the top of this hill and look down I see a drop off that's almost straight down. The woods have given way to green grassland as far as I can see. This sheer drop is probably 50-60 stories down and reminds me of a rollercoaster.

The first few times I went down it, I took it far too fast and crashed each time. One time I died in the ocean that lies right at the end of this hill. I knew I had to take it slow and use everything I had to help natigate this road. My blazer had some kind of GPS device in it. In my dream I was able to watch myself on this go down the hill first without actually going down. I did pretty well, but towards the end I once again lost control and crashed into one of the small lakes the were also at the bottom. I had managed to turn the vehicle so I didn't go into the ocean as I had before.

I didn't die either. I somehow managed to get out of the lake and continue on my way. I got a strong sense that I was going to visit friends in Canada. Next I remember I was in a clean, very pretty small city walking around with my friends and my kids. It was very open air and lots of fountains and trees around. We shopped, at ice cream, watched the kids play in the fountains. It was a very contented feeling.

This dream contains two of my biggest fear; water and great heights. I find it very interesting that I have used this place before. All I remember from the other dreams is the first part where I'm trying to navigate the lush, green, steep as hell hill (mountain really)--and the fear it brought me.

Any thoughts??

Still wondering if anyone wants to analysis this one? I have my own thoughts, but would be interested to hear others. :m107:

QP, here are some thoughts on this, I think very "guiding" dream..
......"I'm drving a Blazer or some kind of 4x4 though a winding road with woods all around it. I'm far from civilization."............{ Forrest = Unconscious, far form civilization amplifies this} "I have people in the vehicle with me,"{ perhaps your complexes, the peeps with you } "but an not aware of who at that time. I start to crest a hill and immediately come to a stop right at the top. I know what I'm going to find. The first few times I came this way (in my dreams) it was disaster. As I sit at the top of this hill and look down I see a drop off that's almost straight down. The woods have given way to green grassland as far as I can see. This sheer drop is probably 50-60 stories down and reminds me of a rollercoaster"..... {COOL}

........"The first few times I went down it, I took it far too fast and crashed each time. One time I died in the ocean" {another symbol for the Unconscious}............ "that lies right at the end of this hill. I knew I had to take it slow and use everything I had to help navigate this road. My blazer had some kind of GPS".... {I love this, a little device to keep you on track, psychic-ly, very soulful}.... " device in it. In my dream I was able to watch myself on this go down the hill first without actually going down. I did pretty well, but towards the end I once again lost control and crashed into one of the small lakes the were also at the bottom. I had managed to turn the vehicle so I didn't go into the ocean as I had before.

I didn't die either. I somehow managed to get out of the lake and continue on my way..... "{good sign)".... I got a strong sense that I was going to visit friends in Canada. Next I remember I was in a clean, very pretty small city walking around with my friends and my kids. It was very open air and lots of fountains and trees around. We shopped, ate ice cream, watched the kids play in the fountains. It was a very contented feeling. "........

It would appear that you are trying to deal with something that is delicate and important. Something psychic, some neurotic behavior or tendency, a complex or group of them, perhaps some shadow material, something you have attempted to deal with unsuccessfully in the past but that at this time you have the opportunity to make significant progress.

Last edited:
I had a dream about Stuart Hall.

sport-graphics-2008_687169a.jpg

I was on my way to the BBC studios to do an interview with one of the radio presenters. For some reason I had to walk there, and it was a very long way. I was worried that I wasn't going to get there in time, so I decided to hop there instead. Hopping is quicker than walking in dreams, and is a lot more fun as well. :)

As I got closer to the studios, I passed through an industrial area of the city. There were a lot of old brick buildings and little factories, some of which were derelict.

I passed under a bridge of some sorts. There was a series of tall brick pillars supporting something. I assume it was a bridge. And it was there that I met Stuart Hall.

He explained to me that he was going to the BBC studios too, to explain that he couldn't do his radio programme. He said that he may be unable to do it ever again, because he might not get better. It was rather upsetting to hear.

As we arrived at the studios, the building was actually much simpler that I had remembered it being. It looked more like one of those little cabins found on building sites, where the workmen make their tea.

It was rather hectic inside with people getting stressed out and having heated conversations, and I never got to do my interview because more important things had apparently come up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the analysis Apostelytizer. I read your other ones and was hoping you could give me your thoughts here. Are you a professional? My thoughts on it run mostly the same, though my dream analysis is probably more amateurish. Yes, the woods are definitely a comfortable part of my mind. They don't feel threatening at all. AKA--I like living in my mind. The fear and discomfort comes when I get to the grasslands and the huge hill. AKA--It's wide open and vulnerable.

The hill is obviously a huge obstacle I am trying to overcome and have failed at before. It and the ocean below embody two of my bigger fears. The fact that I realize what I need to do this time as opposed to the other times tells me I am learning even though I still partially fail here. I'm rewarded at the end by making it to my destination--an idealistic city of my dreams. I spend time with those I love. The fact that my children now play in the object of one of my fears (namely water that was in the fountains) tells me that maybe there isn't so much to fear from it after all.

Again, the dream deja vu is weird. I've had it many times. Some of it could be imagined as we think regular deja vu is. But I am postive I have been in this place before in my dreams. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I just recalled a dream I had two nights ago. I'll try and piece it together, but its long and patchy. I'm not sure how much sense it will make, but it defiantely had emotional effects on me. I seem to have many dreams where I revisit the same place with different plots playing out. It's very weird because I can't remember the other dreams, I just know I've been there before. It is almost like a dream deja vu. So it was with this one.

Maybe you keep revisiting the place because the setting works for the dream. Why create a new environment when an old one is okay? :)

Maybe this setting is chosen because the purpose of the dream is the same as in the past dreams. The past dreams have been incomplete, and keep returning in an attempt to readdress the same thing, until it is complete.

I'm drving a Blazer or some kind of 4x4 though a winding road with woods all around it. I'm far from civilization. I have people in the vehicle with me, but an not aware of who at that time.

The woods are a lonely setting, and the passengers don't play an active role in the dream. That they are unfamiliar to you may in a sense indicate the emotional differences between being alone and feeling lonely.

I start to crest a hill and immediately come to a stop right at the top. I know what I'm going to find. The first few times I came this way (in my dreams) it was disaster. As I sit at the top of this hill and look down I see a drop off that's almost straight down. The woods have given way to green grassland as far as I can see. This sheer drop is probably 50-60 stories down and reminds me of a rollercoaster.

The difficult road ahead. :) But it's not a fear of unknown factors; it's a difficulty you understand and you know what you have to do.

The first few times I went down it, I took it far too fast and crashed each time. One time I died in the ocean that lies right at the end of this hill. I knew I had to take it slow and use everything I had to help natigate this road. My blazer had some kind of GPS device in it. In my dream I was able to watch myself on this go down the hill first without actually going down. I did pretty well, but towards the end I once again lost control and crashed into one of the small lakes the were also at the bottom. I had managed to turn the vehicle so I didn't go into the ocean as I had before.

You keep returning to the dream because the goal is to conquer this difficult road. It's not only a difficulty you understand, but also a difficulty you must conquer.

I didn't die either. I somehow managed to get out of the lake and continue on my way. I got a strong sense that I was going to visit friends in Canada. Next I remember I was in a clean, very pretty small city walking around with my friends and my kids. It was very open air and lots of fountains and trees around. We shopped, at ice cream, watched the kids play in the fountains. It was a very contented feeling.

This dream contains two of my biggest fear; water and great heights.

The dream is using these as hazards simply because you fear them. They are penalty zones for your emotions.

The dream is playing with your emotions, but it's hard to understand specifically what it's about. But by comparing before and after the difficult road: See that you start in a lonely area and end in a social one.

Is it a dream about you wanting more social contact and quality time with people you love? Is the difficult road representing something personal (such as a social anxiety?), or a resentment you feel towards work or similar commitments, in that they make quality social time more difficult for you to achieve?

There is a clear theme there, but it's hard to fill in many details. :/

Last edited:
The dream is using these as hazards simply because you fear them. They are penalty zones for your emotions.

The dream is playing with your emotions, but it's hard to understand specifically what it's about. But by comparing before and after the difficult road: See that you start in a lonely area and end in a social one.

Is it a dream about you wanting more social contact and quality time with people you love? Is the difficult road representing something personal (such as a social anxiety?), or a resentment you feel towards work or similar commitments, in that they make quality social time more difficult for you to achieve?

There is a clear theme there, but it's hard to fill in many details. :/

Wow, this is another great analysis! Thanks so much! I'm glad I had one I could remember because I don't all that often. Overcoming obstacles is definitely a theme. Your comments about work are very interesting too. After reading both your take on this dream and Apoly's, and giving it thought myself I think I have the gist of it. It is more about wanting change in my life but being bound by huge obstacles. It's about overcoming the fear in everyday life to make those changes. It's about learning and growing and being better able to face our fears. Thanks for taking the time to help me break this down!

I am not a professional

QP, Your dream's juxtapositioning of the forest with the open land reminds me of the fairy tale "the nixie and the Millpond" here are 3 links that have about an hour or so of podcast material in which Dr John Betts reads it and interprets it. Also the symbol of your children, (especially if they are younger then they are now in the dream), often dreaming about a child, especially you own child, is representative of the Jungian Self. A good ego-self relationship is critical to good mental health.

http://jungian.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=225107 14

http://jungian.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=225213 15

http://jungian.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=237770 16

Last edited:
I had a dream just now...more of a nightmare because I can't get back to sleep.

I went back to highschool. I wasn't sure exactly why because I don't need any more marks but I had a strange conviction that I had to be there. I tried to sign up and they put me in a group with this teacher and two students and we walked around the school while the teacher explained different websites. She asked have you ever been on whatever website and I kept answering her and she kept telling me to stop answering her. The principal came by and told me to shut up. We all had to sit down by a stairwell and I tried to ask about signing up but she said I had to learn to sit quietly and listen. I started to feel extremely anxious. There were people walking by, to many people. I couldn't breath. The teacher asked me what was wrong and students kept trying to come up to help me but I needed them to go away if I wanted to breath again. I tried to tell them that but couldn't so I tried to run away but I couldn't move. I woke up gasping for air.

Reactions: Stu
QP, Your dream's juxtapositioning of the forest with the open land reminds me of the fairy tale "the nixie and the Millpond" here are 3 links that have about an hour or so of podcast material in which Dr John Betts reads it and interprets it. Also the symbol of your children, (especially if they are younger then they are now in the dream), often dreaming about a child, especially you own child, is representative of the Jungian Self. A good ego-self relationship is critical to good mental health.

http://jungian.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=225107 14

http://jungian.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=225213 15

http://jungian.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=237770 16

Thanks again for all that AP. Dream and dream analysis are a hobbie of mine that I have not indulged in, in quite a while. I will checkout these links!!

Oh man, I had a strange dream last night.
I dreamed that I was rowing around in the harbor I work in on a longboat (a kind of row boat that generally seats about 6 people that row in unison) by myself. It was nighttime and there was an extemely dense layer of fog around my so that I could only see things about 10 feet ahead of me. There was kind of an eerie light that made the fog a thick orangy-red color but I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I had a feeling that something terrible had happened- like something massive had changed the way the world worked, something apocalyptic. I found myself rowing towards the dock. When I had got there, I was handed a list on a torn up sheet of paper that had pictures of people's faces and their names listed underneath each picture. I took the list and began to row back out to the middle of the harbor.
I then realized that it was my job to dive under the water and retrieve the bodies of the people who were listed on the sheet of paper I had recieved. So I dove down to the bottom of the harbor (not very deep, about 15 feet at the most) and the red light was still there. I looked up and bubbles floating towards the surface in slow motion, collecting near the oar to my boat sticking into the water. I surfaced for air then returned to the harbor bottom, where I saw a body of a woman I was supposed to be looking for. Her eyes were open and her hair was floating and swaying around her face in a dream-like manner. The red light was still there. I grabbed the body and returned to my boat, then rowed back to the dock.

That was where the dream ended. I always remember the weird ones in detail.

Reactions: Stu
I had a dream just now...more of a nightmare because I can't get back to sleep.

I went back to highschool. I wasn't sure exactly why because I don't need any more marks but I had a strange conviction that I had to be there. I tried to sign up and they put me in a group with this teacher and two students and we walked around the school while the teacher explained different websites. She asked have you ever been on whatever website and I kept answering her and she kept telling me to stop answering her. The principal came by and told me to shut up. We all had to sit down by a stairwell and I tried to ask about signing up but she said I had to learn to sit quietly and listen. I started to feel extremely anxious. There were people walking by, to many people. I couldn't breath. The teacher asked me what was wrong and students kept trying to come up to help me but I needed them to go away if I wanted to breath again. I tried to tell them that but couldn't so I tried to run away but I couldn't move. I woke up gasping for air.
fascinating

I usually don't like to share my dreams because they're so strange and surreal...and give me this uneasy feeling that I try to shrug off in the morning. Often, I understand what my dreams mean, but two nights ago I had one that I couldn't understand.

I don't remember the whole dream, but there's one scene that I remember pretty vividly.

I had just bought a new violin (everyone here knows how much I love the violin, so it's probably a symbol for something, I don't know) and I was really happy with it. I took it out of the case and I was showing it to my parents and sister and they all wanted to give it a try and play a tune, and I let them do so happily, as I was packing other things. I think I was traveling somewhere. Anyways, when things calmed down and they went about their normal business, I picked up the violin and wanted to try..but every time I attempt to play a tune I place down the bow, a string snaps before it even makes a sound. First time, I panicked and I thought I wasn't doing it right. But it happened for a second and a third...and that's when I slowly put down the violin, and then I woke up with an uneasy feeling in the morning.

I can make a few guesses on what it might mean, but I'd appreciate a clear insight from someone else.

Oh man, last night's dream was really weird.

It was about work... I haven't had too many of those, thankfully, but this dream made it worth it.

So yesterday a contractor got walked out (fired) which I wasn't surprised at, he had it coming for a while.

In my dream, they hired a replacement. A bunch of the regular staff (old staff) were in the server room discussing plans, and all of a sudden the new guy (replacement for the contract) walks through the middle of our group, passing through. Note that we haven't yet hired a replacement, this was just theoretical in my dream, I guess.

Thing is, he was and old man wearing a birthday hat, no shirt, and only wearing boxers.

WTF IS THAT?

Reactions: Wyote
I usually don't like to share my dreams because they're so strange and surreal...and give me this uneasy feeling that I try to shrug off in the morning. Often, I understand what my dreams mean, but two nights ago I had one that I couldn't understand.

I don't remember the whole dream, but there's one scene that I remember pretty vividly.

I had just bought a new violin (everyone here knows how much I love the violin, so it's probably a symbol for something, I don't know) and I was really happy with it. I took it out of the case and I was showing it to my parents and sister and they all wanted to give it a try and play a tune, and I let them do so happily, as I was packing other things. I think I was traveling somewhere. Anyways, when things calmed down and they went about their normal business, I picked up the violin and wanted to try..but every time I attempt to play a tune I place down the bow, a string snaps before it even makes a sound. First time, I panicked and I thought I wasn't doing it right. But it happened for a second and a third...and that's when I slowly put down the violin, and then I woke up with an uneasy feeling in the morning.

I can make a few guesses on what it might mean, but I'd appreciate a clear insight from someone else.

A lot of people have various dreams of complete inability that is out of their hands.

For some, it is the inability to obtain something they are grasping for in their dream.

Mine most often presents itself in me attempting to fight something, but my strikes are completely useless, there is no power when I punch.

Not sure if yours falls into this same category, but it is a general theme of feeling helpless with something in your life. It might be something real, such as a situation, or something conceptualized. It definitely feels like it is along the same lines.

I
I had just bought a new violin (everyone here knows how much I love the violin, so it's probably a symbol for something, I don't know) and I was really happy with it. I took it out of the case and I was showing it to my parents and sister and they all wanted to give it a try and play a tune, and I let them do so happily

I picked up the violin and wanted to try..but every time I attempt to play a tune I place down the bow, a string snaps before it even makes a sound......

...and that's when I slowly put down the violin, and then I woke up with an uneasy feeling in the morning.

I always go to the idea that everything in a dream represents things in the dreamer's psyche. Here your violin is your "soul" that healthy interaction between your "ego" and your "self" Your family is your "complexes" or some of them, semi autonomous psychic energy. It would seem your "self ego axis" is being threatened by some complexes.

Last edited:
I dreamed living the high life. You know, glamour, wine-filled nights, bed partners every night, high rise apartments and sports car...things Hollywood had achieved, and some people had pursued.

Only I'm not that happy. In fact, I felt kinda sad as I watched the events unfold (yeah; in watcher mode here). It's as if I'm touched with a sense of bleakness. "is that what I'll become? How...sad?"

And in that dream; while taking pictures I saw a friend (seems to) seeming to dying, Final Destination-like, by having a stone balcony fell upon her in an event or something. I dunno; I woke when it almost fell.

It feels sad, it feels empty, and frankly, I feel terribly lonely. And it's not even the lifestyle I'm trying to achieve. It's high, but not the high I want to achieve.

I dreamt that I was pulled up through a tornado, but not Dorothy style. I became part of the tornado and swept along with it in its path. I felt intense joy, my destruction was a form of art, I was painting the landscape.

In a strong updraft of wind I was dispersed and I fell down to the earth, now human again. Only I couldn't remember how to work my human body. I kept trying to flow and rush by like wind, sometimes I achieved flying before the world remembered that I was human again and imposed gravity upon me. I hopped/crawled/walked/stumbled/ran like a strange sort of creature unused to legs. Finally I collapsed in some sort of niche in house courtyard (I don't know why). I felt intensely lonely.
Then came along some guy and we had amazing dream sex, this cured me and I found myself fully tied to my body again. I'm walking away when another black tornado destroys the house, courtyard and sweeps me up again. I feel the initial terror - and wake up.

Potato People

I had a particularly horrible dream a couple of months ago that I still clearly remember. I had a couple handfuls of chocolate chips before bed, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that's the cause for this bizarreness.

The dream starts where I am suddenly conscious of standing on flat, open land. There are no trees in sight. There is no grass and generally no plants to speak of. I can see a mountain range off in the distance. There are people around me running and screaming, but I seem to not be moving and seem not to be alarmed about what's going on.

The people are fleeing their homes for the mountains. They know if they can get over the mountain range that they'll be safe- at least for the time being. I'm not involved in what's going on, but instead choose to observe everything around me. The air is dusty, the sun is beginning to set in the west, and I know I am in danger, but I do nothing.

Off in the distance to my left, I can see what the problem is. My focus zooms in and there are these massive creatures that are slowly crawling towards myself and the other people swarming around me. It feels surreal to be looking upon this scene. There are giant potato like things that are moving along the ground. Their faces are deformed and terrifying to look at. They're coming for us. I don't know why. I'm not sure how they'll manage to harm anything without having any discernible limbs, but they're demonic and dangerous.

By the time I decide that I need to start running away from these creatures, I find myself in a rut in the ground. There is something moving below my feet and instinctively I know I need to get out of there. I start running, but this thing is fast and it knows where I am going. I make a break for it. It pops up out of the ground and it's this gremlin like thing with rough patchy grey-green skin. It reminds me of a horribly disfigured child. It stares at me and smiles.

I turn and run as fast as I can. I manage to get out of the ditch and find myself in a dark alley way. The walls are all brick. It is damp. I am hiding in the shadows hoping that I've escaped this thing. I am mildly aware that I am being left behind and hope that everyone else has found safety.

Suddenly, the little potato gremlin shows up. I am trapped and it knows it. I back myself up against the wall, trying to shrink away. I don't know how I will die. I only know I am going to.

The creature jumps up, takes my head and rips it from my body. Suddenly I become the watcher in the dream, seeing my headless figure against the wall. The eyes in my now detached head are lifeless and the expression on the face is non-existent. The creature is stronger than I even knew for such a small thing, and it takes my head and it smashes it against the brick wall. The force of the impact is so strong that blood splatters across the wall and there is nothing left of it except fragments of bone and my hair. Everything else is smattered across the wall in a bloody mess.

I'm shocked. As the watcher I look at the brick wall and feel a sickness inside. And then the reality of my death sets in, my vision goes black, and the dream ends.

So that's my dream. Most of my dreams are exceptionally vivid, violent and really effed up. This was a little outside of my normal range because I mean, potato people? Really?

My gf had a dream a few nights ago where a bee left her a voicemail and she didn't want to listen to the voicemail because it was a bee and it weirded her out but then the bee started pestering her so she listened to it and it had a strange deep voice. It turned out that all the bee wanted was to buy a used car.

She wanted me to share lol.

Last edited: