Noticing details around us | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Noticing details around us

Well but we're half here and half in our thoughts and surely two locations is better than one solid one. I think that would be dull.

LOL, yes. No one knows what they're missing out on, just living in one world! It may be dull, but then I'd probably be able to make friends and girlfriends like normal people.

LOL, yes. No one knows what they're missing out on, just living in one world! It may be dull, but then I'd probably be able to make friends and girlfriends like normal people.

Yeh but they wouldn't be meaningful and you'd have girlfriends for the relationship rather than the person and well yeh. It has its merits but then so does dreaming and idealism.

But even shallow relationships seem better than none. I don't know.

I would have to disagree. Relationships take way too much effort and emotional energy to bother with anyone who doesn't really "do it for you". Much better to be alone and spend all that excess on self improvement!

I'm strange in this regard. I would notice things but dont notice that I notice them.
However, when talking to somebody about it, I can list all th details though I dont remember those things. But, when I think and flip through my memories or see the situation again, its correct with a 0.05 confidence interval.

really strange.

Haha, I know! I always have to explain myself by saying I'm not quite here, but then I think what the hell must that sound like? Well but we're half here and half in our thoughts and surely two locations is better than one solid one. I think that would be dull.

That's SO true! :D

Hm I have a good memory, so if I notice details I'm likely to remember them for a very long time. Maybe this way I'm under the impression that I can notice them easily, but lately I discovered that I'm actually very bad at it in comparison to other people. I have to consciously pay attention to do so if i want to notice details.

Whenever I see an advertisement I subconsciously analyze why certain details and semantics were used. Little things that most people don't even realize make a difference.

I'm a pretty good researcher, I must say :m059:

I was just wondering....is it just me or do all INFJs care about details of things?

In another words, don't you find yourself looking at most of the details in things compared to other people?

An example would be when I go shopping with some of my friends, I notice the smallest detail of things around us compared to my friends.
Another shopping example is that I notice prices, compare different brands of things and tend to remember these details compared to my friends.

So what do you think of that?! Are all INFJs like that?:m083:

I'm like that also, especially when it comes to putting on makeup. It gets so annoying b/c I wonder, will anybody notice this eye has a little bit more mascara then the other or that one eyelash is longer then the rest :m197: It's very helpful at times but it can also be sometimes annoying in instances that I just explained.

Whenever I see an advertisement I subconsciously analyze why certain details and semantics were used. Little things that most people don't even realize make a difference.

I'm a pretty good researcher, I must say :m059:

I'm like that too!! About the ads, commercials...I LOVE watching or looking at them while driving on the road or just walking on the street. My friends never notice the things I notice in the ads and they always make me feel unique about that. About researching...I LOVE to research and again, most of my friends don't like to research much. In that sense, I find the internet and I are best friends sometimes :D:D Have you heard of a tv show called ad persuasion? It's a great show about ads and how companies use their product into persuading us as consumers to buy it. I used to watch it when I was living in Canada. I'm sure you can find some episodes of it on youtube and I'm sure you'll find it very interesting, since you like ads. & commercials :D

I'm like that also, especially when it comes to putting on makeup. It gets so annoying b/c I wonder, will anybody notice this eye has a little bit more mascara then the other or that one eyelash is longer then the rest :m197: It's very helpful at times but it can also be sometimes annoying in instances that I just explained.

That's so true! It freaks me out sometimes too. Sometimes, I have this intuitive feeling that something will happen and somehow, someone will notice what I did in my makeup.

Another question arises now...are INFJs too hard or harsh on themselves?! I always thought of that and didn't know if it was just me or are others like that too. What I mean by the question is for example, in the case of doing something wrong with our makeup...then someone notices and told you something about it, would you feel bad and think about a TON of times right after you leave the person that noticed or when you're alone you tend to think of what happened a lot?!! I'm just using the makeup example because we were just talking about it now, but I meant the question for other things as well. Like when we talk without thinking at times and then someone comments on what we said as being not sure of what we mean or if we say something totally wrong or something outside of the topic other people around us were talking about. I tend to think of these little things a lot too...I don't know if it's too much guilt or what it is, but I find myself thinking about it a TON of times and being upset at times at how I reacted or talked about something that I shouldn't have said.

Again, are all INFJs like that?! What do you think? :m197:

Reactions: daydreamer
I tend to notice little details that help me out later, kind of like a stimulus for my brain to remember the whole scene. I also have a worryingly good memory for dates, prices and money owed by someone to someone else, and names or faces (very unlikely to remember both though).
However, I can go 16 years without ever noticing that there was a private counsellor institution only a couple of door away from my house, even though (for those 16 years) I walked right past it o_O I find that a little disturbing.
I also have an appalling memory for day-to-day things, like umbrellas, tasks I've been asked to do etc. which isn't the best thing while in college ^^"

Yes, I'm terribly hard on myself. Especially with art/writing (because that's down to interpretation). I find myself going through stages of feeling pretty good about something, then finding that I hate it the next day.
I also usually (and arrogantly?) think that most situations take a turn for the worse because of my actions/lack of action.
It's probably because INFJs are introverted, and a bit nasal-gazing ^^"

Last edited:
I would have to disagree. Relationships take way too much effort and emotional energy to bother with anyone who doesn't really "do it for you". Much better to be alone and spend all that excess on self improvement!

Yeah but it's experience. And maybe, just maybe, you could fool yourself into thinking you could be happy and content, even for just a little while. Besides, I've been self improving for years now, got nothing out of it so far.

Awww, cute cats

Another question arises now...are INFJs too hard or harsh on themselves?! I always thought of that and didn't know if it was just me or are others like that too. What I mean by the question is for example, in the case of doing something wrong with our makeup...then someone notices and told you something about it, would you feel bad and think about a TON of times right after you leave the person that noticed or when you're alone you tend to think of what happened a lot?!! I'm just using the makeup example because we were just talking about it now, but I meant the question for other things as well. Like when we talk without thinking at times and then someone comments on what we said as being not sure of what we mean or if we say something totally wrong or something outside of the topic other people around us were talking about. I tend to think of these little things a lot too...I don't know if it's too much guilt or what it is, but I find myself thinking about it a TON of times and being upset at times at how I reacted or talked about something that I shouldn't have said.

Again, are all INFJs like that?! What do you think? :m197:

Do you mean thinking about something, a conversation or event in retrospect and then kicking yourself in the butt for how you may have come across? I do that a lot. This is especially true if I think I've hurt someone's feelings or they ended up with the wrong impression of me. As a result, I am very careful about what I do, how I state things, and how I come across at a given moment. I'm often told by those close to me, "You're too hard on yourself".

Yeah, I do get a guilt trip and it makes me think for a long time. I tend to think of these little things a lot of the time and I always wonder if I did something bad.

I never notice anything around me lol . I am always thinking at something ,so I am a bit of a day-dreamer . Worst part is I tend not to notice people that I know ,when I walk on the street. This is kind of frustrating for them .

Do you mean thinking about something, a conversation or event in retrospect and then kicking yourself in the butt for how you may have come across? I do that a lot. This is especially true if I think I've hurt someone's feelings or they ended up with the wrong impression of me. As a result, I am very careful about what I do, how I state things, and how I come across at a given moment. I'm often told by those close to me, "You're too hard on yourself".

A MILLION YES to that quote at the end...I ALWAYS hear it from my friends, especially at work, when I always think of how I could've done better in some of my assignments and projects to be done. GUILT just kills me inside & just like you said, it's worse when I end up hurting someone's feelings when I don't mean anything at all.