MBTI & Handedness Survey | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

MBTI & Handedness Survey

Female, ambidextrous, but I was born right handed. Infj
Winner. Also ambidextrous. Part of it's due to playing the piano for years, touch-typing, etc. I also make a conscious effort to use both hands optimally. For example. If something is being thrown toward me from my left side, I'll catch it with my left hand. If I play frisbee, I'll trade off using hands. I imagine most people could be ambidextrous if they put in the effort to develop coordination on their weaker side.

Winner. Also ambidextrous. Part of it's due to playing the piano for years, touch-typing, etc. I also make a conscious effort to use both hands optimally. For example. If something is being thrown toward me from my left side, I'll catch it with my left hand. If I play frisbee, I'll trade off using hands. I imagine most people could be ambidextrous if they put in the effort to develop coordination on their weaker side.
Yes, same here, it really developed when I started to get into sign language.

I voted: Male- Left Handed- INFJ.
There seems to be quite a few!

female, INFJ, lefty.

The theory that I am assuming is that NF types, and INFJ's in particular are heavily ruled by their right brain, which would inpart left handedness.

The theory that I am assuming is that NF types, and INFJ's in particular are heavily ruled by their right brain, which would inpart left handedness.
Would being ambidextrous impart a balance in brain activity then?

Would being ambidextrous impart a balance in brain activity then?

Ehh, I'd say it's not that clear cut, unless you were naturally ambidextrous.

I can't say for sure, but from my studies it seems that brain dominance will manifest in hand preference, but not the other way around (i.e. training the non-dominant hand just improves that specific motor coordination).

I thought I'd add that I am a southpaw too.

and an INFP

Male, MBTI ?????, I use different hands for different things but I write with my right hand.

I'm also left footed. Go figure

Male, MBTI ?????, I use different hands for different things but I write with my right hand.

I'm also left footed. Go figure

no wai, i'm left footed too~! we should form a club

YAY! we could have t shirts and badges and organise luch clubs and get together and sing and......

Wait, where did everyone go?

*sigh*

Female, ENTP, Right handed.

I can use my left hand (I play piano and drums) and do boxing, but nowhere as good as my right hand.

It makes me wonder what sort of an effect that would have on our neurology. I suspect it means something important but I'm not sure what

Female, ambidextrous, but I was born right handed. Infj

I have wondered if you will find more ambidextrous people that are left hand dominant since we leftys live in a world that is set up by and for right handed people.
I don't know if this is true or not, just my opinion based on being a lefty.
I can do most anything with either hand with the exception of throwing and writing.

Both of my parents are right handed, but my Sister and myself who are the only 2 kids are left handed.

How do you determine which foot is dominant?

If i go to kick something it just feels "right" to use my left foot. I remember this from playing football in school and also when i used to do karate. I know my left leg is also stronger than my right leg

If i go to kick something it just feels "right" to use my left foot. I remember this from playing football in school and also when i used to do karate. I know my left leg is also stronger than my right leg

I guess that's a no brainer. :fish: I just never thought about it.

In that case, I am right footed.