047fa2022a683469cece79f36625e1c5.jpg

8b85ed45bb9510eaf42ac399adf5b2e4.jpg

954297efd855b1e866e22c4015407432.jpg

2d451265bfda86f7734de6a5eee38e0b.jpg

7dc1084f5f820a249a274e99ec68b23e.jpg

436fe45746ca2520ff055fd9073fb56e.jpg

Last edited:
I love this anime so much.

Oh yes..it's rich. Full of meaningful stories and imagery. The idea on how he revisits all of these places again and again along the path where he helped other people to coexist with what the eye can't see.

I always like mixing some technology with my less hard-edged interests - picture making, meditation, etc. I found this smart phone meditation timer over 10 years ago and I rate it. Regular meditators probably already know about it but just in case, here's a web link.

https://insighttimer.com/

As you can see from the video - it has a social network attached to it which is great if you want that, but if you don't and leave the settings on default you may find it's telling the world every time you are deep in meditation and publishing a table of how many sessions you have completed lol.

The guided meditations look interesting but I haven't tried them. There are also online tutorials available through the app too. I just use it to time meditation, with interval bells set every 10 mins to let me know how the time is going. It's the best I found the last time I looked, admittedly some years ago now - but just watch its privacy setting are right for you.

Impose yourself on the world or sponge it. If you get to balance it maybe it becomes an active choice?
Nowadays I use these frequency videos to help me meditate. The humming helps concentration, maybe because it's easy to focus on the sounds if my monkey mind wants to daydream instead (which it still frequently does). When I replied to this thread in October I was more sceptical, but since then I've discovered a couple of videos that are quite helpful. The main thing is that the music should be quite monotonous (not literally with one tone) because if there are elements easily distinguished, I'll start focusing on those, forming expectations.

I don't think there's anything to having a particular frequency though. At least I haven't observed much of a difference. Maybe @Ginny could shed some light on whether there's some other than anecdotal evidence on it since she mentioned these videos before.

As for imposing yourself on or sponging the world, is it an either/or choice? You can also do both at the same time, or neither. Is the balance about alternating or about simultaneous attitudes?

Nowadays I use these frequency videos to help me meditate. The humming helps concentration, maybe because it's easy to focus on the sounds if my monkey mind wants to daydream instead (which it still frequently does). When I replied to this thread in October I was more sceptical, but since then I've discovered a couple of videos that are quite helpful. The main thing is that the music should be quite monotonous (not literally with one tone) because if there are elements easily distinguished, I'll start focusing on those, forming expectations.

I don't think there's anything to having a particular frequency though. At least I haven't observed much of a difference. Maybe @Ginny could shed some light on whether there's some other than anecdotal evidence on it since she mentioned these videos before.

Some expedition towards finding what resonates and "works" rather than distracts is really worth it.. I'm happy you seem to have discovered something for yourself. That is really great. :)
Please don't take this thread or my posts too rigid. Sometimes I like to post videos that might be worth discovering as a stepping stone or more. Monotonous works for me best, too - not in a repetitive routine boring sense - but when they still have that feel of a stream of life.

As for imposing yourself on or sponging the world, is it an either/or choice? You can also do both at the same time, or neither. Is the balance about alternating or about simultaneous attitudes?
^^ I was reading on and watching videos on masculine and female brains and minds. Everything was depicted as this or that which I didn't seem to like. What I can relate too is, though, that when I am out of balance in an unhealthy way that one tends to take over. So, yeah. Both, neither, even fine-tune.

I don't think I can speak about anything but my limited experience and theories. I started to listen to them in context with learning about the chakra, though, which might give a sort of explanation. To each chakra is ascribed a (range of) frequency - for opening, healing or balancing a chakra. A sufficiently open or balanced chakra may not experience further influence when exposed to this frequency. Or the line of energy flow is restricted by another closed/unbalanced chakra below the one you're working on. Sources say that you have to work from the bottom upwards, though I doubt that a little as there are varying numbers of chakra depending on the source - by experience, it does seem to work on the (original?) 7. Now that I think about it, Human Design could perhaps shed some light on it, as it does display the personal flow of energy within the spiritual body (I think - it's been a while). However, I believe there is always a personal component wherein the responsibility lies in your psyche whether you can let the frequency work on you or not. Your mind may resist and that may even have adverse effects, like not working at all or worse inducing headaches.

Bookmarking this thread with the intent to check out the remaining materials :)

I have also been listening to these on and off through the years and initially found some calming but as @Fidicen pointed out they mainly sounded similar and I did not get a sufficiently stirring effect to get very far with them - but early on the 528Hz tone was identified as a favorite and this continues to be the case into present days. For me the suspected difference in the observed effect comes from having two "personalities" with different traits - one which could be called ISTJ-shadow and the expected INFJ-proper.

Being I spent a number of years in the former the videos had a rather attenuated effect while being indistinguishable from each other - they would just sometimes help with feeling a bit calmer or grounded though at other times doubts would arise about any of this. In recent times the balance has shifted back to the INFJ functions and I've found very strong effects from these, particularly the ones which appeal to me such as the 528Hz tones. The bit @Ginny mentions is important as well as depending on what is going on it is possible for a lower chakra to get blocked and reduce or interfere with the effect of a tone which works on a higher-up chakra. In that case the tone may have no effect at all or the effect could be negative or irritating.

Like the other posters I've also found the monotonous variety works better even if there is some "melody" to the clip - for example the thread reminded me to try this video and it's working nicely this morning, so far.

Bookmarking this thread with the intent to check out the remaining materials :)

Like the other posters I've also found the monotonous variety works better even if there is some "melody" to the clip - for example the thread reminded me to try this video and it's working nicely this morning, so far.

:<3orange::<3blue:

Thank you two for those lovely contributions ^^

Edit: It's not all meditation, though. I wanted to have space for imaginative exercises like fantasy journies as well (hence the name of the thread and were I placed it).

Last edited:

Thought I would pitch in with you lovely folks. :<3blue:

I used this guided meditation earlier today (or technically yesterday morning since it’s now midnight) and it has helped me previously with my anxiety and brief panic attacks. I unfortunately had one earlier, which happens in a blue moon.

I was about to drive to a new area I am not familiar with, and I don’t like to drive in general, it can be too overwhelming and cause an Se overload for me; especially if in the middle of traffic with too much noise—absolute worst if you live in the states and other forms of transportation such as trains and buses aren’t too widely available, so you have to drive your own car and commute.

Also I have to mention a random thought; I’ve noticed this funny pattern of guided meditators that are quite popular on YouTube to be predominantly Australian lol, especially the one I’ve shared on this post. I wonder if there is a correlation between Australians and guided meditations in particular, hmmmm lol.