More threads by Rowan Tree
Share This Page
Community Member, Male, 32, from London
Ryūnosuke Akutagawa is a great short story writer, wonderful at conveying wistfulness and the aesthetics of melancholy. Dec 11, 2018 at 1:06 PM
- Rowan Tree was last seen:
- Dec 16, 2018 at 10:00 PM
- Dec 9, 1986 (Age: 32)
- Home Page:
- Freelance Editor
- Born in Bristol, Rowan was the son of one of the first women ordained in the Anglican Church and grew up in London, Swindon, Birmingham and Tanyrgisiau. He was home educated until he disappeared for over a decade into the gilded cage of academia, escaping, Phoenix-like, to become a freelance editor and aspiring (utopian) novelist. In his late twenties, he married a Canadian and returned to the place of his early childhood, described by Salman Rushdie as that 'most slippery, most devilish of cities.' Now he sips coffee in hipster cafes and pontificates too much with lefty idealists, visionary artists and urban mystics.
- In descending order, which 6 things could you never do without?:
- 1. Virtue (mandatory Stoic answer)
2. The Trivium
5. My private book collection (& Kindle)
6. Partridge on a pear tree
- What would be your epitaph?:
- 'To invoke solely the weaker arguments and yet triumph is a talent worth more than a hundred thousand drachmae.'
- 1w2 ~ 152?
Signature'Forever is a question you start asking when you look at the ceiling.'~
John Darnielle, Wolf in White Van | Preference: Ni Fe Ti Se / Aptitude Ni Ti Fe Se