Ladies : Taken men are the best? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ladies : Taken men are the best?

90% of single women in university are "interested in pursuing a relationship" with an attached man? I don't believe it.

Well, let's see. Half of 184 would be 92 women, half of whom are single, so that's 46. So that's roughly 41 single females, but only out of a small portion at OK state. I don't think it's intended to represent all single female university students. Anyway, can you blame them? They live in Oklahoma. Maybe there aren't enough men to go around.

The perception being that a "taken" man is more stable, has a proven track record
The judgement that a "taken" man willing to jump from her to you as being less ethical

I think it depends how how you are as a woman and how your personaity manifests itself.

I stay away from declarative statements because the gods have a way of screwing you up when you make them--but generallys speaking, I would find it difficult to imagine myself actively pursuing a man who was in a committed relationship.

No, absolutely not, never.

though it does make a lot of sense. I remember a girl who tried to come gbetween a couple I knew by hitting on the guy, so a friend and I tried an experiment by pretending to be romantic, and then she went after him even more than she had already been....

had my fiance been with someone when I fell for him, I would have been devistated, but I wouldn't have tried to take him away from that relationship. it's just not a nice thing to do. besides, if he knew I would try to do that, I doubt he'd ever be interested in me.

Ew no.
And, I don't believe in 'stealing' someone from their significant other...
It's a conscious decision to be seduced by another and disloyal to your partner.

Taken men are not attractive at all to me. In fact, even if I am interested in them before hand--once I find out they are with someone I lose interest in them romantically.
But I'm not a competitive person. I like things to happen naturally and easily. The whole taken man thing just seems like such a hassle and it's ethically repugnant to me anyway.
I don't feel more secure that he's been "screened" already.. Bahhh!! How ridiculous for so many reasons!

Last edited:
You have to keep in mind though, can you trust a man who is easily persuaded into dropping his current mate for another? I'd be wary of a guy who does this without obvious dificientcies in his mate (she's abusive or the love is gone) since he might just move on from you just as fast when he finds someone else better. Yet, this is a natural and expected part of dating. You can't expect everyone to only be aware of better mates when they are single, and that they have to be completely detacted from their mate before having interest in another. However, if the other woman is the only reason they leave the relationship I'd be concerned.
Certainly doesn't matter if it's casual dating, though.

Pretty much what she said.

And yeah, not too big on the idea of stealing another girl's man. Karma can be a bigger bitch than I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odyne and Wyote
On that note: I giggle a bit when I hear junior high schoolers talking about how so and so stole their boyfriend. Half the time I doubt the guy knew what the arrangement even was.

A point I'm wondering (and was covered on the other page) is; would interest equals action?
Ethically some people wouldn't cross that line; that indeed I agreed (and I totally respect them) but what if, say; that man is now single, out of something that's -not- the subject's fault? Would that still result in the same amount attraction ; only with no boundaries? Or does that mean the attraction is cut because they 'can't hold their mate?'

And what about homosexual relationships?

On that note: I giggle a bit when I hear junior high schoolers talking about how so and so stole their boyfriend. Half the time I doubt the guy knew what the arrangement even was.
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

oooh, teenage drama affair.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
Do you know any lesbians? Or how they conduct themselves in relationships?

Do you know any lesbians? Or how they conduct themselves in relationships?
Just extrapolating on the results of the article, no need to go on the offensive.

I think all this article shows is the idiocy of single women. Quite possibly what this study really reveals is why those women are actually single. What prize are you really winning if you manage to seduce a man away from his partner? Just someone who's fickle and easily removed from his commitments. Worst strategy in the world for getting a stable partner in life. Hence the reason they are without one.

The study showed women who were in a stable relationship had little interest at all in the man who was taken. It's only the desperado's that have such a stupid psychology. An attached man immediate drops off my radar as soon as I discover he is attached. I lose all interest. It works for me...

How about another theory, a trust issue. Men think about sex and much of the time single men want sex and or fantasize about it more often maybe. When single men are single they would appear to manipulate or be dishonest about their intentions, at least it would seem like that from the woman's side, in that respect if she found out that the man is friends because he wants sex or fantasizes about her trust goes. And so attached men would be more trusted because they want sex with their woman and not with single women and then they don't give attention to them the same way as single guys might. Instead men who are attached treat them more naturally than single guys. Or at least its another factor to consider. And then single women would become more attracted to attached guys.

Last edited:
I think that I wouldn't care whether he is single or not, at least that wouldn't contribute to attractiveness of a guy I'm interested in. I did noticed that girls tend to pursue guys in the committed relationships, at least they do so with my boyfriend ever so often. Now, from my point of view it is theirs to try to pursue him, and he has a free will so he will choose what he wants. I don't have a problem with it as long as he doesn't react to those pursuits in a, from our relationship's, unfavourable point of view.

I don't believe in taking someone's man or a woman, people are not things to be taken.

Ew no.
And, I don't believe in 'stealing' someone from their significant other...
It's a conscious decision to be seduced by another and disloyal to your partner.

Taken men are not attractive at all to me. In fact, even if I am interested in them before hand--once I find out they are with someone I lose interest in them romantically.
But I'm not a competitive person. I like things to happen naturally and easily. The whole taken man thing just seems like such a hassle and it's ethically repugnant to me anyway.
I don't feel more secure that he's been "screened" already.. Bahhh!! How ridiculous for so many reasons!

^

Pretty much what she said.

And yeah, not too big on the idea of stealing another girl's man. Karma can be a bigger bitch than I am.

Easy enough to play to a womans ego and let her believe that she is truly that much better, at which point not only will a woman take on a man who is taken, but it will become her moral imperative to "save" him from the evil soul-less harpy that he is running away from. Thats usually the way I have seen it play out.

I think dominant men are the best.

Reactions: Trifoilum
Taken men are the best, if you know you have a chance to take them. It's like... the ultimate victory. also, I think I might have already voted on this...