[important] need your help for a sermon | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[important] need your help for a sermon

Jesus. (I'm a Christian btw)

Good luck with the sermon, I wish I was there to watch it! :m177:

Just make sure that you include some party tricks with liquid nitrogen, it gets the congregation going and shows off your intellect. :m155:

"Oh shit, not again..."

Faith.

Also, cross and doves.

Also, thy neighbour. (NOT LITERALLY.)

what is the first thing that come to your mind when you hear the word Christian

Honestly in terms of the clear majority of Christians I've met online or in real life I just feel like sighing heavily.

There are very few people who I've met that I consider to be true Christians. A very large portion are just....tiring, half the time it's used as a crutch to escape the fear of death, then you have the ones that use their faith to base an argument on regardless of how inappropriate it is and lets not forget the group that use their religion to feel superior over others as if it's a sort of status symbol akin to an expensive car or a membership at a yacht club.

The very few people who I consider to be true Christians, one that I know of believes that their is a god and so forth which fills him with a sense of happiness he believes that god isn't there to serve him personally but that he has given everyone the tools in which they can use to life a happy life, if he is beaten down by something he doesn't ask god why this has happened to him instead he thinks about how he can move forward and continue his life maybe rereading his bible for inspiration so he can solve a problem and continue onwards. He is open towards new technologies and medical breakthroughs, he researches them thoroughly and chooses whether or not he believes based on the morals that he's taken from the bible and his own if he is ok with them or not, if he isn't he doesn't attack people who want to use them but merely gives reason to why he wouldn't use the technology.

You mean positive things I am sure.

Jesus Christ, Messiah, giving, generosity, devotion, charity, piety.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jill Hives
You mean positive things I am sure.

Jesus Christ, Messiah, giving, generosity, devotion, charity, piety.

Not just positive things, but instead what ever first comes to your mind.

Not just positive things, but instead what ever first comes to your mind.

Hassle would be the first thing but it's dependent on who I'm talking to.

Last edited:
Hypocrisy, closed mindedness, indoctrination.... I could go on and on.

Reactions: rawr
Antiquity. I think we have in many regards lost touch with the original meanings of the word and what it meant to those who used the term in the past.

Last edited:
Satan is happy with your progress.

Reactions: the
Honestly in terms of the clear majority of Christians I've met online or in real life I just feel like sighing heavily.

There are very few people who I've met that I consider to be true Christians. A very large portion are just....tiring, half the time it's used as a crutch to escape the fear of death, then you have the ones that use their faith to base an argument on regardless of how inappropriate it is and lets not forget the group that use their religion to feel superior over others as if it's a sort of status symbol akin to an expensive car or a membership at a yacht club.

The very few people who I consider to be true Christians, one that I know of believes that their is a god and so forth which fills him with a sense of happiness he believes that god isn't there to serve him personally but that he has given everyone the tools in which they can use to life a happy life, if he is beaten down by something he doesn't ask god why this has happened to him instead he thinks about how he can move forward and continue his life maybe rereading his bible for inspiration so he can solve a problem and continue onwards. He is open towards new technologies and medical breakthroughs, he researches them thoroughly and chooses whether or not he believes based on the morals that he's taken from the bible and his own if he is ok with them or not, if he isn't he doesn't attack people who want to use them but merely gives reason to why he wouldn't use the technology.

OMG, even the one you consider to be a real christian seems blind.:m145:

Thanks guys for your help, yall really helped add a personal element to my sermon and empowered the call to change.

If your wondering, the point was to get people to understand what others(specifically non-Christians) think of us and what they should think of us. The verse preached on was

John13:34-35

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I'm going to say that generally, anything you can think of. People that call themselves christian are numerous, I've met all types.

Christianity as a whole: Scattered, fractured, and scared

What I sum it up to be: Humility

Even if it's too late for the sermon, I want to toss my say in.

The first thing I think of is churches. Suburbia churches with lots of attendees who love that God loves them and blesses them and don't want to think that God actually wants them to live differently and give up selfish living. I'm a Christian, btw, and often feel annoyed with 'Christians'. Maybe I'm harsh, but I grew up a church where the pastor preached about God and everybody agreed how right he was and nobody really wanted to change their lives and actually follow in Christ's footsteps.

Blind...

...but I am going to fix that real soon.
I'm quite curious, [MENTION=3279]Moya Anomalous[/MENTION], what you means by this.

Burning disgust and a general miasma of hatred. Still, when people say the words 'Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, Zorastrian, and Scientologist' I get something like that too. I've been thinking of having my head checked for a tumor of some kind pressing on that lobe in my brain that dislikes people who think Occam's razor is by Gillete.

It seems he's looking for a good sampling of first impressions or associations, not substantive advice on a sermon. And even if he did ask for advice on a sermon, it would be relevant enough to those who are Christians.

Right. It would seem he is. And yet, like I said, when I read his posts responding to other beliefs, Christian or not, he does not seem to be as open-minded and tolerant in hearing what others have to say--There's always a need to correct and be correct in those posts.
So I found this thread to be condescending.

Last edited: