[important] need your help for a sermon | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[important] need your help for a sermon

You should preach about hell.

Explain to the people that God wants to torture their souls for all eternity, unless they repent of their wicked ways. Also they gotta be baptized.

Hell...!?!? HA. I know exactly how people go to hell and though God designed the system, it is the fault of all the foolish that end up there. God does not through people in hell, they do it themselves...

I am going to speak about all of this in depth really soon. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sanctientism

I'm sorry, but the first word that comes to my mind is 'obnoxious'. I picture a person who cares more about 'having faith' and converting people than actually doing good in the world.

I tend to think of Christians as a group as composed mainly of people who are Christian in name only, followed by those who are Christian as a significant part of their identity because they get some kind of kick out of it (the I LOVE JESUS type), followed by those who actually give a damn (who are in the minority).

Going to church, believing in God, having faith: none of them make you a good person. Being a good person makes you a good person. A lot of Christians seem to think being Christian makes them a good person, when it should be that being a good person makes you a Christian (not that you would necessarily have to be Christian, that is).

I'm sorry, but the first word that comes to my mind is 'obnoxious'. I picture a person who cares more about 'having faith' and converting people than actually doing good in the world.

I tend to think of Christians as a group as composed mainly of people who are Christian in name only, followed by those who are Christian as a significant part of their identity because they get some kind of kick out of it (the I LOVE JESUS type), followed by those who actually give a damn (who are in the minority).

Going to church, believing in God, having faith: none of them make you a good person. Being a good person makes you a good person. A lot of Christians seem to think being Christian makes them a good person, when it should be that being a good person makes you a Christian (not that you would necessarily have to be Christian, that is).

The 80/20 statistic applies in churches as well, 20% of the people do 80%
percent of the work. For the most part I agree with you, the name Christian has become something more of a triviality.

Christ like...I would look up His attributes...but first I would ask God what His thoughts on "Christian".

Good thread. I've enjoyed reading some of the responses and cringed at others.

What first comes to my mind is an image, kinda like a shadow or a silhouette since a Christian can be just about anyone these days. So many call themselves Christians that have no intention of serving Christ that the word has lost all meaning to me.

Within my inner circle those that actually embody the fruit of the spirit (Gal. 5:22) we call believers. That carries much more meaning with me.

Within my inner circle those that actually embody the fruit of the spirit (Gal. 5:22) we call believers. That carries much more meaning with me.

agreed

fruit of the spirit is good

preach on that

"The kingdom of God is within you" -Jesus

"Your all fools, from the so called Christian to the Atheist."

Ouch. Don't know that I will want to read your writings.

http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/job-song-solomon/can-we-call-someone-fool-or-not

Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:26

Last edited:
Mutiny on the Bounty (as in, "Mr. Christian"). (Just kidding) But, actually, when you think about it, it is an interesting theme for a sermon. That is, the religious meaning of the word "Christian" as opposed to the secular use of the word such as when it's used as a name. When someone says "Mr. Christian," we don't think of the religious meaning--we just accept it as a proper name. This is quite different from the religious meaning. Our brains differentiate the two meanings immediately. At least, mine does.

agreed

fruit of the spirit is good

preach on that

"The kingdom of God is within you" -Jesus

Someone should start a thread on how they had the fruit of the spirit for breakfast.

Someone should start a thread on how they had the fruit of the spirit for breakfast.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galations 5

...or maybe how they picked it before the cold came....

"Your all fools, from the so called Christian to the Atheist."

Ouch. Don't know that I will want to read your writings.

http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/job-song-solomon/can-we-call-someone-fool-or-not

Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 1:26

King James Version

Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

English Standard Version (which my pastor recommends)

20Being asked by the Pharisees(AA) when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, "The kingdom of God(AB) is not coming with signs to be observed, 21nor(AC) will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."[h]

New American Standard Bible (a favorite of scholars)

20Now having been questioned by the Pharisees (T)as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with (U)signs to be observed;
21nor will (V)they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Douay-Rheims (the English translation that the Roman Catholic Church endorses)

20And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come? he answered them, and said: The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

Young's Literal Translation (a personal favorite, a highly accurate word for word translation )

20And having been questioned by the Pharisees, when the reign of God doth come, he answered them, and said, `The reign of God doth not come with observation;
21nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.'

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't sure why Barnabas said that either. I thought perhaps the translation he was using greatly differed.

You quoted one of my favourite scriptures but I am not talking about foolishness of the world. Christians are foolish according to the word and not the good kind of foolish either. Simple minded buffoons, I wish you would stop quoting scripture you have no realizations about.

The reason atheist exist is because they are are smart enough to see the crap Christians are throwing does not add up. "Because the bible says so" is a bullshit answer.

Job 28:28 "The fear of the Lord is beginning of Wisdom. To depart from evil is understanding."

My simple mind cannot understand your wisdom. I know inside what I feel.

Tell me... what sin do you struggle with? Is there anything you keep doing even though it is a sin? What is your stronghold in life?

I will have to be honest, when it comes to Christianity my views are in constant change...bipolar in a sense, they can change from love to hypocrisy. It depends on the types of Christians I am currently interacting with(since I move churches quite often)