I Think I have figured This out | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

I Think I have figured This out

wow, i'm surprised you're not more scared of them, I would be freaking out if that happened to me, especially if I couldn't prove it wasn't self inflicted :/

They have been doing this since I was little. I think it is the same one. He is a humorous one; he likes jokes and making me frustrated. I hear him laughing in a whisper. Or sometimes I can hear other people laughing; he uses them to make me self conscious.
You ever walked by a lot of people laughing? That you didnt know? Thats what he does

that's got to be unnerving. you know, i thought i saw a ghost once. i walked into a room with the lights off in the middle of the night, and underneath the stairs there was this white seethrough half person - her head and torso were there but she had no legs. she was glowing white and was dressed in 18th century style clothing. it made me jump! it was only there for a split second but i swore she was really there.
though it's been a few years since that happened and now i'm wondering if it wasn't an exhaustion-induced hallucination (I was really sleepy at the time)

i'm not sure. i only saw her for a second, and i kind of got the impression that she was as surprised of me as i was of her!

I dont think its possible to tell from that small encounter though. But they can get violent, depending on which one was assigned to you. I am being tormented at this moment. He makes me too sick to get any work done.

does everyone have one assigned to them? and i'm sorry your one is tormenting you. how awful to be experiencing something no one can relate to, not even understand. i hope he gets off your back so you can get work done again

does everyone have one assigned to them? and i'm sorry your one is tormenting you. how awful to be experiencing something no one can relate to, not even understand. i hope he gets off your back so you can get work done again
No, only those with the gift are sorted out and assigned a tormentor, depending on the personality. They want to kill me, through suicide or drugs. That is why it would not be very effective to take antipsychotic drugs; they would make a bad situation worse.

Does this explain their will to harm me, though

Because the collective unconscious resides in the subconscious, the inner archetypes as expressed through dreams and visions often represent the repressed and/or unacknowledged needs and desires of the individual and the species, the shadow side of our natures.

Jung argues that mankind has always sought to protect itself from the images and ideas of both the collective unconscious and the personal unconscious because they represent impulses and desires that we may consider violent, destructive, or even evil.

Mankind usually does this by building rituals around these images and ideas to put greater distance between us and them, reducing their potentially frightening immediacy. Mankind also seeks to protect itself by denying that these desires originate from within, instead attributing them to an external source outside of its control.

But Jung also argues that as long as we deny these desires they will act upon us and through us against our will and even without our concious knowledge, because they are an inseparable part of us. The only way to prevent this from happening is to acknowledge, confront and integrate these desires so that the different parts of our psyches form a cohesive whole.

Here are some more quotes on the subject (it's only fair though to note that these quotes are from a description of a series of lectures on Jung's work from Princeton University in the late '60's, rather from Jung's work directly).

The unconscious is seen as the completion and enrichment of the personality, having a superior insight and knowledge lacking in the conscious self. The integration of all parts of the mind is considered the ideal goal of therapy.

It is felt that neurotic dissociations cannot be repaired by intellectual or purely practical methods, but rather by the integration of symbolic dream images into the patient's consciousness.

In order to liberate the sufferer from the interior conflict he is experiencing, the doctor is urged to recognize that he is dealing with the fundamental problem of good and evil. To deal effectively with this problem certain basic attitudes are required: unprejudiced objectivity, a willingness to allow the patient to experience his capacity for evil, a recognition of his own shadows on the part of the doctor. Healing is defined as a reconciliation of the conflicting forces and the patient's egoism; a symptom of neurosis is viewed as useful in allowing the neurotic to experience his own loneliness and isolation. When the archetypes of the unconscious are awakened and take over the guidance of the psychic personality, replacing the futile striving and will of the ego, the cure begins. In religious terms, the patient may describe the experience as guidance from God; in psychotherapeutic language, it may be described as the psyche's awakening to its own spontaneous activity. It is concluded that the cure involves a true, primordial experience of the spirit.

A self that has merged conscious and and unconscious has come to terms with its shadow. It is through knowing the dark side of of psyche -the shadow -- that we find salvation, for the repressed or suppressed shadow fights to the surface in even more frightening forms.Gods are not created, they are taken on. There is no freedom of choice; if one has an unconscious desire, it is really the desire that possesses him. Part of accepting one's psyche as one's self is realizing what is there and reconciling it with one's consciousness.

It is in identifying a person's property as a projection of himself that the giving of a gift (a sacrifice) is giving of part of that person. Thus in sacrificing an object one sacrifices oneself. This act of giving part of oneself reflects the knowledge that one does have some control and understanding of the self. Thus by giving up the self one comes to truly possess it. Man is forced to make this effort of sacrificing himself by the power of the unconscious, which constantly drives for union with the conscious. It is through self-awareness, self-reflection and individuation that all psychic parts are integrated. The immature ego nature is abolished by the widening of the circle of consciousness, making psychic paradoxes conscious and resolving sources of psychic conflict.

It is through self-hood that man finds relief from the chaotic conditions in the world. The tremendous polarities in man can only be overcome by the terrifying psychic process of understanding the unconscious, an act whereof man is the object and the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grasshopper
Because the collective unconscious resides in the subconscious, the inner archetypes as expressed through dreams and visions often represent the repressed and/or unacknowledged needs and desires of the individual and the species, the shadow side of our natures.

Jung argues that mankind has always sought to protect itself from the images and ideas of both the collective unconscious and the personal unconscious because they represent impulses and desires that we may consider violent, destructive, or even evil.

Mankind usually does this by building rituals around these images and ideas to put greater distance between us and them, reducing their potentially frightening immediacy. Mankind also seeks to protect itself by denying that these desires originate from within, instead attributing them to an external source outside of its control.

But Jung also argues that as long as we deny these desires they will act upon us and through us against our will and even without our concious knowledge, because they are an inseparable part of us. The only way to prevent this from happening is to acknowledge, confront and integrate these desires so that the different parts of our psyches form a cohesive whole.

Here are some more quotes on the subject (it's only fair though to note that these quotes are from a description of a series of lectures on Jung's work from Princeton University in the late '60's, rather from Jung's work directly).
It is not the shadow of my nature, these energies are not myself, they are separate entities that continue to torment me. They are reveling in this.

I have no mental illness.

The more this thread goes on, the more I suspect that you do. I would encourage you, if you really have the experiences you claim to have, to seek professional testing. It's possible nothing is wrong with you, but I think it would be prudent of you to find out.

The reason I encourage this is that your experiences seem very indicative of symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophrenics have extraordinary experiences like you do and it seems absolutely real to them (which makes it hard to convince them to seek testing and hard to convince them of what is actually happening). The brain interprets what is going on as absolutely real, but it is actually a defect.

It is not the shadow of my nature, these energies are not myself, they are separate entities that continue to torment me. They are reveling in this.

With respect, that may just be your perception, rather than the reality.

I have to be honest with you and say that I agree with Duty that a lot of what you're saying is indicative of possible symptoms of schizophrenia and that (assuming you haven't already) you should seek out the opinion of a professional.

I understand that you have legitimate concerns regarding the potential side effects of the standard medications, but there are alternatives available and as long as people aren't considered to be an immediate threat to themselves or to others then the choice of which treatment to take (if any) would be theirs anyway, so please don't let that be a barrier to you simply getting a professional opinion of things.

The more this thread goes on, the more I suspect that you do. I would encourage you, if you really have the experiences you claim to have, to seek professional testing. It's possible nothing is wrong with you, but I think it would be prudent of you to find out.

The reason I encourage this is that your experiences seem very indicative of symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophrenics have extraordinary experiences like you do and it seems absolutely real to them (which makes it hard to convince them to seek testing and hard to convince them of what is actually happening). The brain interprets what is going on as absolutely real, but it is actually a defect.
I do not have schizophrenia. I WILL NOT test for something I do not have. Are you clinically trained?

With respect, that may just be your perception, rather than the reality.

I have to be honest with you and say that I agree with Duty that a lot of what you're saying is indicative of possible symptoms of schizophrenia and that (assuming you haven't already) you should seek out the opinion of a professional.

I understand that you have legitimate concerns regarding the potential side effects of the standard medications, but there are alternatives available and as long as people aren't considered to be an immediate threat to themselves or to others then the choice of which treatment to take (if any) would be theirs anyway, so please don't let that be a barrier to you simply getting a professional opinion of things.
All these comments are very typical of people who have been benumbed by airwaves...have you been aware of electronic harassment? You were never stalked like that, were you? Do you all know who was behind it? You lack the insight to see into these things, which are laughing at your stubborness. Please open your eyes, all of you, before it becomes too late.

I do not have schizophrenia. I WILL NOT test for something I do not have. Are you clinically trained?

Are you?

InTheWomblikeCocoon said:
All these comments are very typical of people who have been benumbed by airwaves...have you been aware of electronic harassment? You were never stalked like that, were you? Do you all know who was behind it? You lack the insight to see into these things, which are laughing at your stubborness. Please open your eyes, all of you, before it becomes too late.

Suggesting that you consider the possibility that you might be wrong is a sign of being "benumbed"?

I suppose it's possible, but in a situation like this, when confronted with conflicting scenarios, I have to weigh up all the options based on their supporting evidence and in that respect the scientific psycho-analytical approach appears to have a greater weight of evidence behind it than your explanation.

Now that doesn't guarantee that it is definitely right, but IMO it certainly demands that it should be considered as at least a possibility.

Reactions: bamf
Are you?

Suggesting that you consider the possibility that you might be wrong is a sign of being "benumbed"?

I suppose it's possible, but in a situation like this, when confronted with conflicting scenarios, I have to weigh up all the options based on their supporting evidence and in that respect the scientific psycho-analytical approach appears to have a greater weight of evidence behind it than your explanation.

Now that doesn't guarantee that it is definitely right, but IMO it certainly demands that it should be considered as at least a possibility.
Well being that I already have a psychiatrist who never mentioned anything like schizophrenia to me, I would definitely rule that out. You have a right to your false beliefs, but like I said, I will be proven, one day.

Well being that I already have a psychiatrist who never mentioned anything like schizophrenia to me, I would definitely rule that out. You have a right to your false beliefs, but like I said, I will be proven, one day.

Have you mentioned the energies to your psychiatrist? It might be interesting to see their take on it. Not to prove or disprove anything. Just to get a clinical perspective of what it might mean from a medical standpoint.

Have you mentioned the energies to your psychiatrist? It might be interesting to see their take on it. Not to prove or disprove anything. Just to get a clinical perspective of what it might mean from a medical standpoint.
they tend to be biased towards diagnosis with people they choose not to believe. maybe a holistic psychiatrist without ties to the government, would be more willing to accept this fact

they tend to be biased towards diagnosis with people they choose not to believe. maybe a holistic psychiatrist without ties to the government, would be more willing to accept this fact
I'd say give it a shot with the one you're working with. They might surprise you.

I wish. I am not going to be given another script of clonazepam or whatever the hell they tried to make me take. That is all she will do, all they know how to do.