I Think I have figured This out | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

I Think I have figured This out

it was a low blow in response to a low blow.

Sure.

it was a low blow in response to a low blow.

live above it, no longer shall we live eye for eye but instead turn the other cheek.

If you understand the meaning of this then you know that there is far greater ways to return unkindness

live above it, no longer shall we live eye for eye but instead turn the other cheek.

If you understand the meaning of this then you know that there is far greater ways to return unkindness
Yes, but is she capable? The energies might be trying to reduce her brain to unintelligent ash.

Oh come on, anyone who is familiar with slant around here knows she's a very witty girl. She pissed you off, jilted your ego.. Get over it.

Reactions: slant
I belive that when psychiatrists diagnose certain special and receptive types with a psychotic illness, they are intellectualizing something that is a real phenomena and not an illness. I think that most of the patients have special sensory abilities (ESP) that at times (if they are not spiritual) are intercepted by evil energies, or spirits, that want to either destroy the messenger with the label of mental illness, or make the message seem ridiculous. evil spirits seek to intercept the messages with words and hallucinations and paranoia, so that the messenger does not trust them, and scare them. Psychiatrists are rather ignorant to this, as well as the rest of society. There are areas of the mind that cannot be reached by regualar people, and so the messengers (who are affected) are ostracized for havin insights that seem ridiculous. Do you find yourself having abilities that are dismissed to be ridiculous? The voices can either be good or bad energies. Actually I do not think of them as "voices" they are more like word symbols, and they are abstract. Words, pictures, and sounds cannot describe them accurately, which is where you get "word salad" from. We cannot find correct metaphors at times, so we seem incoherent. But if you can detect patterns, we only assign one word to a symbol, you can be able to find the analogies. And the energies received can come in like loghorrea, causing more confusion among linear minded people when we try to express them.
I hope this makes sense to you all, it seems like only gifted people can understand.

1. ESP is a phenomena that has been tested. No test has provided even close to compelling proof for the existence of ESP.

There are areas of the mind that cannot be reached by regualar people
Which areas? The mind is completely physically represented by the brain and the structures within it. The study of cognition is what I do, and there is no part of the brain that is "inaccessible."

3a. It almost seems as if you think the mind is separate from the body in some ways and so can't be accessed. Psychiatrists, as well as any other scientist dealing with the mind in some fashion (cognitive scientists, psychologists, neuroscientists, linguists, AI-engineers, etc) work under the assumption that the mind is contained in the physical structures of the brain. It seems to be a very fruitful approach, whereas assuming otherwise is not.

3b. Perhaps you also believe (or believe at the exclusion of 3a) that some people have brain structures capable of "picking up spiritual signals" that most of us don't have. This is possible, but at the same time makes "ostracism" of such individuals, labeled as psychologically ill (who generally are unhappy, dangerous, or dysfunctional), understandable.

And actually, psychological dysfunction is explained by physiological dysfunction, usually due to damage to brain structures, developmental deficiencies, or chemical imbalances such as unbalanced neurotransmitter levels (schizophrenia and depression for example). Those who are mentally ill are so because their physiology is unbalanced in some way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grasshopper
From reading OP's comments and the comments of others I can say!

I too have "figured this out".

1. ESP is a phenomena that has been tested. No test has provided even close to compelling proof for the existence of ESP.

2. Which areas? The mind is completely physically represented by the brain and the structures within it. The study of cognition is what I do, and there is no part of the brain that is "inaccessible."

3a. It almost seems as if you think the mind is separate from the body in some ways and so can't be accessed. Psychiatrists, as well as any other scientist dealing with the mind in some fashion (cognitive scientists, psychologists, neuroscientists, linguists, AI-engineers, etc) work under the assumption that the mind is contained in the physical structures of the brain. It seems to be a very fruitful approach, whereas assuming otherwise is not.

3b. Perhaps you also believe (or believe at the exclusion of 3a) that some people have brain structures capable of "picking up spiritual signals" that most of us don't have. This is possible, but at the same time makes "ostracism" of such individuals, labeled as psychologically ill (who generally are unhappy, dangerous, or dysfunctional), understandable.

And actually, psychological dysfunction is explained by physiological dysfunction, usually due to damage to brain structures, developmental deficiencies, or chemical imbalances such as unbalanced neurotransmitter levels (schizophrenia and depression for example). Those who are mentally ill are so because their physiology is unbalanced in some way.
I never invalidated mental illness, its just not always applicable to people who think the way i do.

I never invalidated mental illness, its just not always applicable to people who think the way i do.

And what way is that?

Psychologists do often tend to make exceptions for what qualifies as mental illness btw. For example, religious belief does fall under the definition of delusional beliefs, but psychologists make an exception because it of the cultural factors.

Last edited:
My thoughts just are. I am not about to say that I have a strange logic. I believe that there are influences that mold society as they see fit. We are puppets, only if we choose to be

My thoughts just are. I am not about to say that I have a strange logic. I believe that there are influences that mold society as they see fit. We are puppets, only if we choose to be

Without some kind of analysis of your thought patterns (and by extension: people that "think like you do"), I don't think you can make a strong case here. You claim that there are many people labeled as "mentally ill" who are really only experiencing communication from spiritual forces. Such a claim is unsupported at best.

Out of curiousity: are you trying to somehow justify to yourself that you aren't mentally ill, and instead just think differently/sense something that most people don't?

Without some kind of analysis of your thought patterns (and by extension: people that "think like you do"), I don't think you can make a strong case here. You claim that there are many people labeled as "mentally ill" who are really only experiencing communication from spiritual forces. Such a claim is unsupported at best.

Out of curiousity: are you trying to somehow justify to yourself that you aren't mentally ill, and instead just think differently/sense something that most people don't?
I have no mental illness.

"inquisitively denying until tested"

Ok, let me try to spell it out as I understand it.

There are both good energies, and bad energies. These energies mold our perception and are mostly indiscernible to normal thought. Highly intuitive people, with practice, have the ability to notice these energies and whether or not they are changing the person's thought patterns.

People who are able to notice these energies, but are not "spiritual", or aren't open to them, are swayed by the bad energies and can be seen as mental illness from an outsiders perspective?

I'll just comment that (as it seems) all of my thoughts are conscious, and I can derive a reason for me thinking them.

Interesting. Most of my thoughts are unconscious. And I don't need a reason for believing whatever it is i have come to believe. I just believe it.

OP, if you haven't already you might find it interesting to read up on Carl Jung's theories on the relationship between the concious and subconscious minds through the inner archetypes of the collective unconscious.

It is theorized that the unconscious has two parts: the personal and the collective: the contents of the personal unconscious consist of everything forgotten or repressed by the individual, consciously or unconsciously; those of the collective unconscious consist of the structural deposits of psychic activities that were repeated innumerable times in the lives of our ancestors. Although neither the conscious mind nor the personal unconscious is usually aware of the existence of the collective unconscious, material from the collective unconscious will occasionally break through into the personal unconscious by means of a dream with mythological content and meaning that is beyond the intellectual horizons of the individual.
In other words, the "energies" that you talked about may actually be elements of the collective unconscious breaking through into your (or our) concious mind(s).

OP, if you haven't already you might find it interesting to read up on Carl Jung's theories on the relationship between the concious and subconscious minds through the inner archetypes of the collective unconscious.

In other words, the "energies" that you talked about may actually be elements of the collective unconscious breaking through into your (or our) concious mind(s).
Does this explain their will to harm me, though

op, how do you know they are trying to hurt you (or get you to hurt yourself)? what about the energies is giving you that impression?

They tell me. They dont mind revealing information because they know people will think it isn't true so its like they taunt me. And they are the ones who cause me to self inflict, because I have vague consciousness while doing the act. They have thrown things in my face, dropped rocks and acorns from trees as I walked by, punched me and scratched as well. I have physical marks to prove this.
They want to cause the events but hide the evidence so it looks like I did it to myself, which isn't true.