I Think I have figured This out | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I Think I have figured This out

MBTI is the shit, and shouldn't be used to judge whether a person is capable of understanding something or not. That's discrimination, but this topic itself belongs it's own thread so I wont derail it any longer.
Fixed that for ya. (The rest I agree with.)

Ok... So you are saying the only way to access these "energies" is through the same method you use?

regular people that function mostly in the physical realm can only access it through dreams and intuition. people who have developed esp more than regular intuitives and have their third eye open can receive the messages.

but who knows...

Last edited:
Ok... So you are saying the only way to access these "energies" is through the same method you use?
what method did i say i used? and no, i dont imply that, but you have to practice using inquisition until you can discern them from your own thoughts, and the good ones from the bad ones

A relative of mine went 'psychotic' and her immediate family were worried sick. She started packing up her house and gave almost everything away to charities and needy families. She was talking about God a lot and spoke of guiding spirits. She also didn't notice the temperature when she went out. She'd go outside without a coat in -20 degree weather and not feel it at all.
It was fascinating to talk to her and she did make a lot of sense. She was asking very deep questions and had a driving question about one particular passage in the Bible. My dad took his pastor over to see her and I went along. I promised her I'd bring up the passage and see what he had to say. The pastor came over with a big cheerful face and chit chatted a bit, read a bit from the Bible, sang a hymn or two and then got up to leave. I quickly asked him to stay a bit longer and told him that 'we' wanted to ask some questions. He glared at me and sternly said, "This is not appropriate! Just tell her to take her medicine and leave it at that!" And then he took off. My Dad told me to quit encouraging my relative with deep thinking.
It was clear she was battling with forces that were overwhelming which confused and weakened her. Finally they got her into the hospital and our intense talks continued but they drugged her more and more and finally she slept a lot and didn't talk much at all.
I don't think our health care system has the time or patience to deal with them and the drugs pull them back into this reality which is what their families want.
It was like she was in our dimension but somehow she was getting glimpses of other dimensions too.
She hasn't been the same since she got the cure and hates taking the pills everyday but the threat of going back to the hospital is always hanging over her head.
It's a terribly hard situation for all involved.

A relative of mine went 'psychotic' and her immediate family were worried sick. She started packing up her house and gave almost everything away to charities and needy families. She was talking about God a lot and spoke of guiding spirits. She also didn't notice the temperature when she went out. She'd go outside without a coat in -20 degree weather and not feel it at all.
It was fascinating to talk to her and she did make a lot of sense. She was asking very deep questions and had a driving question about one particular passage in the Bible. My dad took his pastor over to see her and I went along. I promised her I'd bring up the passage and see what he had to say. The pastor came over with a big cheerful face and chit chatted a bit, read a bit from the Bible, sang a hymn or two and then got up to leave. I quickly asked him to stay a bit longer and told him that 'we' wanted to ask some questions. He glared at me and sternly said, "This is not appropriate! Just tell her to take her medicine and leave it at that!" And then he took off. My Dad told me to quit encouraging my relative with deep thinking.
It was clear she was battling with forces that were overwhelming which confused and weakened her. Finally they got her into the hospital and our intense talks continued but they drugged her more and more and finally she slept a lot and didn't talk much at all.
I don't think our health care system has the time or patience to deal with them and the drugs pull them back into this reality which is what their families want.
It was like she was in our dimension but somehow she was getting glimpses of other dimensions too.
She hasn't been the same since she got the cure and hates taking the pills everyday but the threat of going back to the hospital is always hanging over her head.
It's a terribly hard situation for all involved.
what is the point of this? did she have abilities that were being dismissed as sickness?

Last edited:
what method did i say i used? and no, i dont imply that, but you have to practice using inquisition until you can discern them from your own thoughts, and the good ones from the bad ones

"inquisitively denying until tested"

Ok, let me try to spell it out as I understand it.

There are both good energies, and bad energies. These energies mold our perception and are mostly indiscernible to normal thought. Highly intuitive people, with practice, have the ability to notice these energies and whether or not they are changing the person's thought patterns.

People who are able to notice these energies, but are not "spiritual", or aren't open to them, are swayed by the bad energies and can be seen as mental illness from an outsiders perspective?

I'll just comment that (as it seems) all of my thoughts are conscious, and I can derive a reason for me thinking them.

"inquisitively denying until tested"

Ok, let me try to spell it out as I understand it.

There are both good energies, and bad energies. These energies mold our perception and are mostly indiscernible to normal thought. Highly intuitive people, with practice, have the ability to notice these energies and whether or not they are changing the person's thought patterns.

People who are able to notice these energies, but are not "spiritual", or aren't open to them, are swayed by the bad energies and can be seen as mental illness from an outsiders perspective?

I'll just comment that (as it seems) all of my thoughts are conscious, and I can derive a reason for me thinking them.

YES YES YES! Somebody gets it!

YES YES YES! Somebody gets it!

Excellent :)

Although I would replace "highly intuitive people" with "people who are open to the possibility". Just because somebody has not discovered it themselves does not mean they will not open their mind.

Excellent :)

Although I would replace "highly intuitive people" with "people who are open to the possibility". Just because somebody has not discovered it themselves does not mean they will not open their mind.
I guess, but there is a high correlation with intuitive people

That is true. But as you know, correlation != causation.

I'm curious, when did you begin to discover these energies?
i always have known they existed since i was a little girl. then i learned about spirits and i put the pieces together. everything in the world has to do with them.

I belive that when psychiatrists diagnose certain special and receptive types with a psychotic illness, they are intellectualizing something that is a real phenomena and not an illness. I think that most of the patients have special sensory abilities (ESP) that at times (if they are not spiritual) are intercepted by evil energies, or spirits, that want to either destroy the messenger with the label of mental illness, or make the message seem ridiculous. evil spirits seek to intercept the messages with words and hallucinations and paranoia, so that the messenger does not trust them, and scare them. Psychiatrists are rather ignorant to this, as well as the rest of society. There are areas of the mind that cannot be reached by regualar people, and so the messengers (who are affected) are ostracized for havin insights that seem ridiculous. Do you find yourself having abilities that are dismissed to be ridiculous? The voices can either be good or bad energies. Actually I do not think of them as "voices" they are more like word symbols, and they are abstract. Words, pictures, and sounds cannot describe them accurately, which is where you get "word salad" from. We cannot find correct metaphors at times, so we seem incoherent. But if you can detect patterns, we only assign one word to a symbol, you can be able to find the analogies. And the energies received can come in like loghorrea, causing more confusion among linear minded people when we try to express them.
I hope this makes sense to you all, it seems like only gifted people can understand.

I'm sure you're not ignorant to the fact that what you're describing here is pretty much in line with mildly positive symptoms of schizophrenia. But I suppose this feeds into your theory that this is precisely what a psychiatrist would say because psychiatrists are themselves not "gifted" or do not see things from the same perspective.

While I can't say I share your insights or point of view, I will say I am a highly intuitive person, and I am definitely sensing something from this post that is rather uncomfortable. I'm not quite sure what it is.

But I'll ask, because I'm genuinely interested.

What is your experience with this? What sort of messages have you received? Were you able to interpret these energies?

Reactions: acd
I'm sure you're not ignorant to the fact that what you're describing here is pretty much in line with mildly positive symptoms of schizophrenia. But I suppose this feeds into your theory that this is precisely what a psychiatrist would say because psychiatrists are themselves not "gifted" or do not see things from the same perspective.

While I can't say I share your insights or point of view, I will say I am a highly intuitive person, and I am definitely sensing something from this post that is rather uncomfortable. I'm not quite sure what it is.

But I'll ask, because I'm genuinely interested.

What is your experience with this? What sort of messages have you received? Were you able to interpret these energies?
I was told by a prophet that i was strong, and ever since i made up my mind to make a difference in my life, the spirits set to work to sabotage me. first they tried to give me lupus, they tried to kill me as a baby, and now they are trying to make people think im psychotic, which is absolutely ridiculous, IMO. the good energies are there to bail me out of bad situations, and they always save me in the nick of time (when i want to overdose or something like that, they make the pills disappear, or make someone walk in before i can swallow them) the bad energies have done things before, such as scare me with strange noises, i was punched in the back by one while i was asleep at 12 years old, and also they try to make me think nihilistically. i am not a schizophrenic, how dare you imply that.

I belive that when psychiatrists diagnose certain special and receptive types with a psychotic illness, they are intellectualizing something that is a real phenomena and not an illness. I think that most of the patients have special sensory abilities (ESP) that at times (if they are not spiritual) are intercepted by evil energies, or spirits, that want to either destroy the messenger with the label of mental illness, or make the message seem ridiculous. evil spirits seek to intercept the messages with words and hallucinations and paranoia, so that the messenger does not trust them, and scare them. Psychiatrists are rather ignorant to this, as well as the rest of society. There are areas of the mind that cannot be reached by regualar people, and so the messengers (who are affected) are ostracized for havin insights that seem ridiculous. Do you find yourself having abilities that are dismissed to be ridiculous? The voices can either be good or bad energies. Actually I do not think of them as "voices" they are more like word symbols, and they are abstract. Words, pictures, and sounds cannot describe them accurately, which is where you get "word salad" from. We cannot find correct metaphors at times, so we seem incoherent. But if you can detect patterns, we only assign one word to a symbol, you can be able to find the analogies. And the energies received can come in like loghorrea, causing more confusion among linear minded people when we try to express them.
I hope this makes sense to you all, it seems like only gifted people can understand.
so, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm just going to throw what I've heard from psychiatrists. There is a distinct difference between a religious experience (ESP, whatever...) and something like schizophrenia. a person having a religious experience is aware of the fact that it is separate from normal, mundane life. They can differentiate the two, and, if need be, can tell that not everyone is willing/able to accept it. they can keep religious life and mundane life somewhat separate. I'm not saying that everyone who lets their religion influence their life is crazy, far from it, but a religious person has the ability to choose one or the other, and typically does so at appropriate times (or, at least, have the ability to explain their reasoning in a way that is sane). A schizophrenic does not have this ability. They make no distinction between what is religious and what is mundane, and are incapable of doing so.

Also, there is a distinct difference in the brain chemistry between a schizophrenic and a non-schizophrenic. A sane person, even if they are claiming ESP, have normal brain chemistry.

and your point is?
sometimes when someone is diagnosed as schizophrenic, they actually are schizophrenic. however, I see your point that treatment for schizophrenia can have negative effects on things, such as ESP. I'm saying not everyone who has an intense religious experience is schizophrenic, but not everyone who is said to be schizophrenic is simply having a religious experience. There's a difference between the two.

It's interesting also to think: why would you even have the need to "figure this out". I mean, it just is. Using high-level analysis, like Freud, leads to lots of atrocious fallacies, certainly. The only real understanding is physically to observe the processes in the brain, by neurons, synapses etc. and see exactly how this happens.

In ancient times they respected such people (again baseless, or more precisely, religion-based). In recent times there is some underlying accusation by society, or it's regarded as a personal problem that has to be "fixed". I don't see how both attitudes help to better understand what's really going on. If the brain imagines evil forces, it is because of things this brain has been presented by reality. If there were no concepts of evil forces around, this idea wouldn't exist inside.

Psychiatrists have a higher rate of mental illnesses, and if all of us become experts in psychiatry, which seems to happen lately, well, the average mental health will decrease, of course. Another option would be to think about more applicable things. :)