How shy are you?

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
http://www.blogthings.com/howshyareyouquiz/

You Are 76% Shy

You are a very shy person, and it has started to impact your life in a negative way.
If you can avoid human contact, you usually do. And as a result, you miss out on a lot.
You should do more to be social, even if it's painfully difficult for you.
Spending time alone is healthy in moderate amounts, but you're practically a hermit!

This test blows. I am very shy in various private situations.:m131:

You Are 8% Shy

You aren't shy at all, in fact, you're quite outgoing.
You are comfortable in almost any social situation, no matter how awkward or difficult it may be.
You can make conversation easily, and you know how to focus on other people.
If anything, you're the type of person who can put someone shy at ease.

You Are 36% Shy

shy-2.jpg

You are slightly shy, but overall, your reactions to social situations are normal.
You dread difficult social situations, but you still handle them with grace.
In fact, no one but your closest friends has any idea that you're actually shy.
You do your best to break out of your shell. You are confident and friendly.

How Shy Are You?

Blogthings: A Fine Line Between Insight and Stupidity
~*

I'm trying to do this on my blackberry and can't figure out how to post it from there, but anyway, apparently I am 88% shy, have social phobia and should seek prof. help. Heh
Posted via Mobile Device

You Are 64% Shy

You are a very shy person, and it has started to impact your life in a negative way.
If you can avoid human contact, you usually do. And as a result, you miss out on a lot.
Spending time alone is healthy in moderate amounts, but you're practically a hermit!

You Are 88% Shy

You are beyond shy - you are most likely have a social phobia.
Social events give you deep anxiety. You can't deal with being around other people.
Your social phobia is completely taking over your life, and it's not pleasant.
Seek help, and you'll be able to enjoy life instead of fearing it.

Reactions: hush
You Are 88% Shy

You are beyond shy - you are most likely have a social phobia.
Social events give you deep anxiety. You can't deal with being around other people.
Your social phobia is completely taking over your life, and it's not pleasant.
Seek help, and you'll be able to enjoy life instead of fearing it.

Hah, you're the same as me, pathetic really, isn't it, lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Hah, you're the same as me, pathetic really, isn't it, lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea, it is upsetting for me. Maybe this is why I had such a hard life. I am thinking I should take this test into the doctor and tell him about it. I am on anti-depressants, but I think it is more of a social phobia as the root cause, and depression is just a side effect.

I have said many times I believe I have social phobia.

I will schedule an appointment after I go back to work.

This is probably why social situations are so draining for me.

Reactions: hush
You Are 32% Shy
You are slightly shy, but overall, your reactions to social situations are normal.

I am really quite lucky I spose...

there was one that didn't have anything to do with being shy. people watching me? I get mad at my parents for watching me...I am not shy of them..

You Are 40% Shy

You Are 72% Shy

Oh bollocks.
But what is with this question:
"You have trouble using public restrooms."
What does this have to do with my shyness? I thought it was just a hygiene thing!
:dizzy:

You are 16% Shy

You aren't shy at all, in fact, you're quite outgoing. You are comfortable in almost any social situation, no matter how awkward or difficult it may be. You can make conversation easily, and you know how to focus on other people. If anything, you're the type of person who can put someone shy at ease.

10 years ago I was still very shy. I'm not anymore, but I would absolutely not say that I am 'quite outgoing'. I'm still extremely introverted.
I don't know how good this test is at differentiating introversion from shyness.

You Are 28% Shy

You Are 64% Shy

Spending time alone is healthy in moderate amounts, but you're practically a hermit

----------

Not too bad actually, scored better than I thought I would.

You Are 56% Shy
Although you live a pretty normal life, you tend to be a fairly shy person.
Many situations make you feel uncomfortable, and you sometimes find your shyness hindering your life.
You can survive daily life just fine, but you don't go out of your way to be social.
Watch out. You may end up missing out on some advantages that extroverted people have.

I think some of the questions are bad or, at least, inapplicable to some people. For example, I'm a strong T, which overcomes any diffidence if I need to be assertive to achieve a goal. Also, I don't like answering the door, but I don't dread answering the door (unless I'm expecting a subpoena!). I've been married a long time, so the dating question is inapplicable. I have no idea how I'd like dating (I'm hopelessly monogamous) but I imagine I'd dislike it. I have about as much trouble talking to women I don't know well as I do to men I don't know well. Retrospectively, I realize I've always been shy although I've only articulated this to myself recently. Finally, the above analysis implies that shyness and introversion are the same. I disagree.

You Are 24% Shy
shy-2.jpg

You Are 36% Shy

I'd say this is pretty accurate.

Finally, the above analysis implies that shyness and introversion are the same. I disagree.

Yes, when it compares you to an extroverted person, they're thinking that shyness and introversion are synonymous which is complete bullshit and illustrates most people's ignorance to what introversion and extroversion actually is.

You Are 68% Shy

What I expected.