How shy are you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How shy are you?

You Are 68% Shy
You are a very shy person, and it has started to impact your life in a negative way.
If you can avoid human contact, you usually do. And as a result, you miss out on a lot.
You should do more to be social, even if it's painfully difficult for you.
Spending time alone is healthy in moderate amounts, but you're practically a hermit!

*sigh* online tests, you're not helping me at all lol.

*sigh* online tests, you're not helping me at all lol.

Awe eh, lol at least you weren't told to go to a shrink to help you with social phobia like I was! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

You Are 100% Shy
You are beyond shy - you are most likely have a social phobia.
Social events give you deep anxiety. You can't deal with being around other people.
Your social phobia is completely taking over your life, and it's not pleasant.
Seek help, and you'll be able to enjoy life instead of fearing it.

wth...

Reactions: grt$5vb
You Are 24% Shy

You are slightly shy, but overall, your reactions to social situations are normal. You dread difficult social situations, but you still handle them with grace. In fact, no one but your closest friends has any idea that you're actually shy. You do your best to break out of your shell. You are confident and friendly.

That's very accurate. I am shy, but I've faked not being shy for so long that I can seem very much like an extrovert.

You Are 24% Shy

You are slightly shy, but overall, your reactions to social situations are normal. You dread difficult social situations, but you still handle them with grace. In fact, no one but your closest friends has any idea that you're actually shy. You do your best to break out of your shell. You are confident and friendly.

That's very accurate. I am shy, but I've faked not being shy for so long that I can seem very much like an extrovert.

+1 I should have had that same result. I guess I need to be in a relaxed and not extroverted mood when I take this test.

You Are 88% Shy

shy-5.jpg

Social events give you deep anxiety. You can't deal with being around other people.

Oh my, I didn't think I had it that bad but now that I think of it, it really must be. I'm mostly like a hermit. That's not good but I'm not depressed about it either. I don't constantly worry about my shyness because I guess I've had it for so long that it's a part of my life and I don't know it any other way. Food for thought at least. Funny what a little online test can do to you.

I got 8%. This is boloney.

You Are 32% Shy

You are slightly shy, but overall, your reactions to social situations are normal.
You dread difficult social situations, but you still handle them with grace.
In fact, no one but your closest friends has any idea that you're actually shy.
You do your best to break out of your shell. You are confident and friendly.

:m182:

You Are 60% Shy

Although you live a pretty normal life, you tend to be a fairly shy person.
Many situations make you feel uncomfortable, and you sometimes find your shyness hindering your life.
You can survive daily life just fine, but you don't go out of your way to be social.
Watch out. You may end up missing out on some advantages that extroverted people have.

shy-2.jpg

You Are 32% Shy

You are slightly shy, but overall, your reactions to social situations are normal.
You dread difficult social situations, but you still handle them with grace.
In fact, no one but your closest friends has any idea that you're actually shy.
You do your best to break out of your shell. You are confident and friendly.

You Are 4% Shy
You aren't shy at all, in fact, you're quite outgoing.
You are comfortable in almost any social situation, no matter how awkward or difficult it may be.
You can make conversation easily, and you know how to focus on other people.
If anything, you're the type of person who can put someone shy at ease.

I only checked off: You don't like to talk, because you're afraid of being embarrassed by what you say.

Sometimes when I find myself surrounded by intellectuals or introverts I am afraid of opening my mouth and looking like an idiot or offending someone. So since I can't keep quiet for long, these encounters tend to be VERY brief.

Wow!

You Are 84% Shy

I find this test-taking stuff rather amusing.
Don't know why, really.
The only reason I ever took the MBTI test was to better understand a very weird and super-smart blogger I encountered.
I had never even heard the term INFJ until last week.

I mean: I can't really even imagine not knowing how shy one is, and wanting someone else to tell you.
Amusement perhaps?
Do you trust the test results? Are they credible?
What do you feel when you get a not-so-good result?
I get the feeling these tests could easily do more harm than good.

But really: I just don't get it.

40%

Yeah
72%
You are a very shy person, and it has started to impact your life in a negative way.
If you can avoid human contact, you usually do. And as a result, you miss out on a lot.
You should do more to be social, even if it's painfully difficult for you.
Spending time alone is healthy in moderate amounts, but you're practically a hermit!

This test refers to being "almost a hermit" as if that were a bad thing.
Hermits have a long and illustrious history.
Many of the wisest figures of fact and legend were hermits, at least at some point.
Lao-Tzu, Jesus, Merlin, Lancelot...

Solitude is essential to gaining true self-knowledge.
It only becomes questionable when one is a hermit because one can not function otherwise.
Even then, it may not be a bad thing.