How Can I Gain Weight? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

How Can I Gain Weight?

Actually, protein takes twice as many calories to DIGEST than carbs or fats...P

Nope. Here's the breakdown for how many cals 1g of each macronutrient requires to be digested:

Protein: 4
Fat: 9
Carbohydrate: 4

You can also see the same breakdown here.

I'm trying to do the eating little but often rule for expanding my stomache but it's really hard to remember to eat XD.

Isn't that what they tell fat people to lose weight?!

Isn't that what they tell fat people to lose weight?!
I was think about that. Maybe the small meals thing actually resets your appetite to normal which is why a small person can use it to gain weight and get more appetite and a fat person can use it to lose in both. It's also the composition that matters too, if a fat person eats lots of whole grains and veggies their appetite will go down and they won't really be eating many calories per meal. Conversely, if a small person adds lots of fats like cheese and butter to that same meal, thats a ton more calories in a day. It also makes you want to eat more.

Regardless of appetite if you're eating smalls meals often it might rev up your metabolism. It's a tricky one indeed.

Move to a lower elevation, or for a stronger effect to a more massive planet.

Of course, if you wanted to gain mass too then there are easier approaches, like eating a lot.

Move to a lower elevation, or for a stronger effect to a more massive planet.

Of course, if you wanted to gain mass too then there are easier approaches, like eating a lot.
:p
and stop looking like HP Lovecraft, its making me look over my shoulder and think Cthulhu's there.

OKAY another question: ways to make his appetite increase! Also, things to keep from making him get sick from eating more than he's use to in a day :S!

marijuana. /half serious

Fuck knows how I did it as I haven't been trying, but I managed to gain 10 lbs recently.

This now puts me at a still underweight but more respectable 112 lbs.

Eat tons of raw unprocessed protein, fruits, and natural fats. As much as you can. Do strength exercises like a mutha. Sleep well.

I think this maybe a slightly unhealthy way to do it but you could try just eating one really big meal a day, don't eat breakfast and eat some chocolate before bed.

That way, because your body knows it doesn't get fed very often it will save what you do eat as fat so it has some to last.

I don't know if this will work and it's probably a bad idea but you never know

Actually there are people that lose weight that way, it's called "the warrior diet".

What kind of work do you do? I had that problem when I worked outside (in a desert) and kept losing weight no matter what I did. Once I moved to a more relaxed, inside job, I gained a lot of it back. Now that I'm unemployed, sitting on my ass all day, I've gained most of my old weight back (still thin according to most people though).

Outside of that, a regular eating schedule was helpful. Also noticed that I gained more as I ate later in the day/night since I wasn't awake to actually process the meal/calories afterwards - not sure if that would be a healthy method or not though.

Meat and dairy aren't part of my diet either so most of the weight gain isn't necessarily "bad"...

Step 1, breakfast should consist of two fried eggs, three to four biscuits with gravy, and four to six pieces of bacon.

Step 2, lunch should consist of fried chicken and waffles with syrup.

Step 3, snack on ice cream and snickers bars

Step 4, Dinner, eat a nice thick steak with baked potato, sauteed mushrooms with onions and peppers on the side

Don't be rabbit peckin at any of that either, eat like a horse and you'll get to be as big as one eventually.

I think he means muscle, not fat lol....

You need to take in more calories Chazz. Check into a protein supplement and add milk and peanut butter to it, hit the gym, and put those calories to good use. You are a slim guy so its going to be tough, but you just need to eat more attuned to what your goals are. If you want to gain weight I would suggest eating 2500-3000 calories a day to start. I know body builders who take in closer to 4500 to 5000, but they spend 4 or 5 hours a day training as well...

Reactions: This

You need to take in more calories Chazz. Check into a protein supplement and add milk and peanut butter to it, hit the gym, and put those calories to good use. You are a slim guy so its going to be tough, but you just need to eat more attuned to what your goals are. If you want to gain weight I would suggest eating 2500-3000 calories a day to start. I know body builders who take in closer to 4500 to 5000, but they spend 4 or 5 hours a day training as well...

^ this.

We have the exact opposite problem haha so I can't help you. I eat 1300 of very restricted calories a day at 6'6" and gain weight if I have a single potato chip. Went to the doctor about it and essentially they said my body breaks down and stores food too eficently meaning very few of my calories are wasted. Not fun when your my size and I should be eating 2000+ calories a day. Good thing about it though is if there is ever a famine I will be the last to die! Haha. Seriously though I would suggest what others here have. You can gain weight in a healthy way but first you need to put on some fat because going to any form of extreme could put stress on your body that would not be healthy. I would not advise any type of weight training regiment until you have added some fat because the problem is if you start burning more calories than you are taking in your body doesn't just attack fat for energy but also muscle which includes your heart. Part of the reason why skinny people die of heart failure too. Being too lean can be very unhealthy and fat is needed in the body. Of course how much should be discussed with your doctor and going off BMI can be very bad because it doesn't always take into account frame sizes and genetics. I have a 22BMI at 6'6" and 205 pounds but the doctor says I am perfectly healthy despite having some fat. So honestly it depends on the person and why you should consult a doctor not a forum. ;D Your situation is unique and only a trained professional can accurately perscribe something to help you gain weight. Anyways best of luck.

[video=youtube;nE39aT56ypg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE39aT56ypg&feature=relmfu[/video]this is an unconventional but logical video on how to gain weight:

Yeah I'm seriously considering protein shakes and working out now (though I'll skip the peanut butter). I'd like to see what that p90x thing is like but I think I'll probably have to work myself up a bit now.

Seeing me actually make progress has given me some motivation to actually do something.

Just remember Chaz, you don't want to look like Carrot Top, some people aren't mean to be buff. With that being said, there's no reason you can't find a happy medium. Protein and weights increase muscle mass, calories if not used produce fat. Strike the right balance between diet and exercise and you can look healthy without accusations of steroids. That is of course unless you want to be ripped.

Edit: P90X is mostly cardio, very much high energy cardio. you'll burn what ever fat you have off your bones before you put on muscle, however you don't have to much slimming to do. So.....

Edit Part deuce: You could also fill your shoes with rocks, or tie weights to your hands

Last edited:
Chaz, I'm wondering, why do you want to gain weight anyway? Don't just gain weight for some sort of arbitrary bmi number. If you already live healthily and feel healthy don't worry about it.

Except I'd like to do it healthily.

I have to eat a ton of food every day. Then sometimes I actually get a day off and I sleep the whole day. Then I don't eat as much as I should on the day off because I'm lazy and sick of eating so much. Being tall sucks, but damn, could I ever make it as a short person? They are the exact opposite. They probably eat a freakin' bowl of cereal and gain 5 pounds a week. Power to weight ratios play a role in diets for people. Holy crap this thread is old. Whatever I'm still posting cause I just feel like it. Yeah you heard me! I'm just touchy about the food thing ok??!? The hell man! I can eat as much as I freakin want! But seriously I spend like 200 bucks a month just for food for me. I'm just short of sucking the fat out of people to stay alive. Anyone? No?...Damn...