How Can I Gain Weight? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How Can I Gain Weight?

Bingo - I was addressing Chaz's saying to pretend he was on a vegetarian diet. Ya, definitely need to eat carbs. But carbs alone isn't going to do it. Gotta have some (lots) of meat.
Guess I'll be feeding him lots of fish, and making him milkshakes with yogurt and whey protein.
Agreed

So what did the doc say chaz?
He got blood tests done but I dunno if he got results saying much, though.

Guess I'll be feeding him lots of fish, and making him milkshakes with yogurt and whey protein.

He got blood tests done but I dunno if he got results saying much, though.

3 cups of ice
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 splenda packet

Blend it... you you get a protein smoothy that tastes like a snickers bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoveAlexa
3 cups of ice
2 coops of chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cub cottage cheese
1 splenda packet

Blend it... you you get a protein smoothy that tastes like a snickers bar.
I'll swap the peanut butter for Nutella though, since Chazzy does not likey peanuts :3. He loves bananas so maybe I'll make is banana nutella so it'd takes like banana split with chocolate sauce.

That there's nothing wrong with me.

He was about as usefull as a fart in a spacesuit.

You should join a gym. If you go to a fitness first one they will give you the option of seeing a nutritionist

I'll swap the peanut butter for Nutella though, since Chazzy does not likey peanuts :3. He loves bananas so maybe I'll make is banana nutella so it'd takes like banana split with chocolate sauce.

Duznt lik pnutbutr??

Dis iz imposibl!!

You should join a gym. If you go to a fitness first one they will give you the option of seeing a nutritionist

I'd only be able to do that if someone goes to the gym with me. I can't do anything alone, I even barely raise enough courage to go shopping.

If I find someone willing to go to the gym with me though everything will be okay. And I agree, it is what I need.

Duznt lik pnutbutr??

Dis iz imposibl!!
But he loves chocolate so much it more than makes up for it ;D. I bet I could put chocolate on anything and he'd eat it, as long as it isn't a peanut. I should try it on chicken, he has trouble with plain chicken too.

just eat and eat til you feel sick.

just eat and eat till you feel sick.
But then he isn't able to eat for 8 hours - the whole next day :(. Also, the few days he did that he ended up not sleeping more than a few hours. ._.

Make protein a larger % of your diet.

Actually, protein takes twice as many calories to DIGEST than carbs or fats... you are okay to have all three, really, as long as they're the right kinds... poly/mono unsaturated fats are good... i forget which kind o'carbs, but typically the sorts from veggies are usually fine! If you see partially hydrogenated ____ oil or high fructose corn syrup, look elsewhere, etc. You'll gain weight on those, sure, and probably cut your life in half, too.

Basic calculators suggest a sedentary female at 5'8" would need about 1650 calories a day to maintain the LOWER end ideal weight of about 125. God, as a 6'3" male, I'd be dead at 125lbs. =P

Last edited:
Chazy can live off 1618 calories a day, apparently o_o. Well, that does mean it'd be easy to bring his weight up, as I can easily find ways to make small meals in a day add up to 2000+.

OKAY another question: ways to make his appetite increase! Also, things to keep from making him get sick from eating more than he's use to in a day :S!

This is kinda like a "how to take care of your pet Chaz" thread now XD.

What's your family history like? Lot's of skinny folk?

From what I know, his father is the same build as him, dunno if its consistent though. Unfortunately we'll be waiting about 1/3 of a day for a proper answer, so maybe go straight on to assuming yes XD. We can backtrack later if we need to.

But then he isn't able to eat for 8 hours - the whole next day :(. Also, the few days he did that he ended up not sleeping more than a few hours. ._.

You are not listening. Eat dont ever stop. I dont care how bad you feel keep eating. Dont be a cry baby.

From what I know, his father is the same build as him, dunno if its consistent though. Unfortunately we'll be waiting about 1/3 of a day for a proper answer, so maybe go straight on to assuming yes XD. We can backtrack later if we need to.

How healthy are they? If his dad and the others lived normal lives then I wouldn't sweat it too much, certainly eating till you're sick doesn't sound any healthier than just being underweight.

Some people are just meant to be whippets (I'd still see a doctor to be sure though).

Last edited:
OKAY another question: ways to make his appetite increase! Also, things to keep from making him get sick from eating more than he's use to in a day

Apparently swimming increases appetite. Normal exercise decreases it but swimming (in cold water) increases it. I forget the science behind this but it made sense at the time I heard it.

Also take up being a Rastafarian. The have some interesting "traditions" that help with appetite.

I think the scientific term for this is "the munchies"

My biological Dad had the problem of being able to eat and eat and not gain weight. He wasn't anyway near as skinny as I am though and while I do take after him in fast metabolism, I can't now eat anywhere near as much.

I used to work at MacDonalds and would be able to eat large meals every day with extras. I was still really thin and only weighed 8 1/2 stone (I weigh 7 now) but I was a lot stronger and ate much healthier.

I feel my problem is now twofold. I can't eat as much as I used to and have to build up my appetite, but when I do get a load of food down me my body cannibalises itself.

I need to build things up slowly but it's really hard to acheive. If I eat too much I can't eat any more later on and my appetite drops to a new low the next day. If I eat too little then that really doesn't solve my problem.

I'm trying to do the eating little but often rule for expanding my stomache but it's really hard to remember to eat XD.

Do you feel anxious while eating? When I first met my husband he was really underweight, I think around 135lbs and he is 6'2". For him it was because of some kind of anxiety about being able to finish all the food in front of him, plus he can't eat if upset. I think as he gets older and more settled into life he feels less anxious in general and the weight comes naturally. Moving in together also helped, since I make foods that taste good, while he grew up in a family that served plain, healthy foods.

At one point he tried some kind of protein shake and he did gain 25 lbs or so, but most of it left when he stopped drinking the shakes.

But he loves chocolate so much it more than makes up for it ;D. I bet I could put chocolate on anything and he'd eat it, as long as it isn't a peanut. I should try it on chicken, he has trouble with plain chicken too.

lol the whole point of putting peanut butter in there is to get in some healthy fats - don't replace healthy fat with nasty sugar carbs!!!! Instead throw in 2 tbsp of coconut milk!