I am not sure about who I really am... | INFJ Forum

I am not sure about who I really am...

Yollie

Sep 15, 2020
MBTI
ESTJ
Enneagram
Hello everyone. I am not 100% sure what my type is, LOL. When I first took the MBTI, I got ISTJ. I just accepted that as my MBTI type, pretty much. A few months ago, I came back to MBTI. I started to think that I was an INFJ. So I took tests to confirm. I tested as all XXTJ types.
Introduction:
15, female. I am obsessed with school and achievement. I am a huge perfectionist. I do not like being lazy and I rarely ever procrastinate. I love learning new things, and I loved learning new things ever since I was a child.
I am an ambivert. I have always had different interests from most people. They have included law and politics. I am focused on productivity and I love checking things off of my to-do list. I am future-focused and single-minded when it comes to achieving my goals. I am creative and strategic. I am detail-oriented but I can see the bigger picture. I am meticulous.
When I was younger, I have struggled socially. I would obsess over a certain topic and talk about it nonstop when I was with people. I have expressed concerns about wanting to "fit in" with other people. In practice, however, I rarely acted on this desire. The main thing that this desire helped me to do was to improve socially.
I daydream quite a lot. I am naturally talented at creative writing and I create new characters and worlds easily. However, this is mainly when I am bored and/or listening to music.
But I still have my shortcomings. I am not very empathetic and I struggle socially.

Types That I Think I Am Not: ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ESTP, ISFP, INFP, and ISTP. (I can see myself in all other types, NGL).

Why I Am Conflicted About My Type...
I focus on being logical, but I am very emotional. I value objectivity and fairness. I have trouble with "reading the emotional atmosphere" of a room. Even though I consider myself to be an "ambivert," I used to struggle with the social nuances of conversation. I can be quite talkative yet I spend a lot of time alone. I am detail-oriented yet I am imaginative and I can see the big picture.

How I Act Under Stress:
When I am stressed, I worry, perform compulsions, and emotionally react. I become sad and I am forced to talk about my feelings. I am okay with talking about my feelings in those situations, but I do not like dealing with them. I become less driven to accomplish tasks, and I become solitary unless I talk about my feelings. I research things (which I normally love doing) for reassurance. I have also obsessively adhered to compulsions, and I feared that I was "bad" if I didn't perform them. I also become less focused and I procrastinate more.
Questionnaire 1:
2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
My purpose in life is to achieve great things. My sense of self is primarily defined by achievements, what I lack, and what I have. I want to lead, to strategize, and to achieve. I also love analyzing problems and providing logical solutions. Analysis comes naturally to me.
3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Although I relate a lot with greed and envy, I will go with envy. I always want to achieve more and I am a control freak.
I can relate the least to lust because my love life is not that important to me. Achievement is the most important thing.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I am drawn to intelligent and friendly people. I seek out those that have similar interests and/or experiences to me.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
People that have similar interests and experiences to me. Some of my strongest social connections were through Model UN and other clubs at my school.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
I am repulsed by lazy people that are overly spontaneous. I also dislike those that knowingly and willingly break the rules.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Others tend to “fit in” better. They are also more spontaneous than rigid. Even though I have good social skills now, I struggled with them when I was younger. I do not fit in because I am more task-oriented than relationship-oriented and I have always had different interests than most people. I also wish I was more spontaneous because it is a “likeable” trait.
6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I do not get angry easily. It is very rare that I will become visibly angry.

b) Shame
I feel shame when I do not live up to my expectations, and when I feel like I am not achieving enough. I am a huge perfectionist that hates receiving bad grades. My relationship with criticism is mixed. Sometimes I perceive it as useful, and sometimes it makes me disappointed in myself.
c) Fear
Fear has been a pretty important theme in my life. I fear failing and not living up to my standards. Fear is the main reason why I become emotional; I become stressed easily due to my perfectionism.
d) Love/passion
I feel passionate towards what I do. I can be single-minded in whatever I plan on achieving and I will enthusiastically work towards it. I am also passionate towards my interests.

e) Conflict
I have a realistic view on conflict. I am not particularly confrontational but I will do it if I need to. I believe that it happens every now and then and I don’t try to seek social harmony. I don’t like emotional conflicts; issues can be sorted out rationally. I love debating issues rationally and I am competitive. Intellectual debate is a fun thing for me.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
The themes of my life are: the desire for knowledge, the desire to achieve things, productivity, and perfectionism.

8) Answer only one of the following:

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
I plan on studying economics in the future, and I might go to law school. If I go to law school, I plan on becoming a corporate lawyer or an intellectual property lawyer. I have always been interested in law, politics, and government. I love debating and researching. I went about deciding this path because I find economics to be interesting and useful. Economics is also intertwined with politics. Although this is very close to my ideal pursuit, it is not. I want to study international relations because I am interested in international politics. I am in Model UN and I find that to be very interesting.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I tend to focus on a new person’s interests and friendliness. I tend to introduce myself to new people and I ask questions to know about their interests.
10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Although humanity has improved due to advancements in technology, medicine, globalization, and reforms, it is still unjust. Injustice is the biggest problem that the human race faces. The objective applications of just laws is what is needed in the world.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies and interests are economics, law, politics, history, Model UN, Amnesty International Club (this is a thing at my school), creative writing, and Taekwondo. I like debating as well.
13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I hang out with my friends at school and in extracurriculars. My friends and I tend to talk and do things in extracurriculars. I will usually talk to one or a few people and I will usually initiate the conversation. I do not schedule many interactions outside of school, however.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions are more important than words because words are meaningless unless they are put into action. Words can create meaningful plans, promises, and analyses, but plans must be enacted. Promises that are not implemented are meaningless.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

I would choose to be immortal. I love knowledge and success; therefore, I would not choose c) and d). Immortality means that you can explore many things and that you can accomplish many things. Passion & ambition drives me to achieve goals. I love food.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I avoid being lazy, a procrastinator, and being seen as a failure. I don’t want to be imperfect and unplanned. I don’t want to be driven by emotions, illogical, and subjective.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I can become very obsessive about my interests and ambitions. I will obsessively explore a topic that I am interested in for months or even years. On one hand, it is a good thing because it helps me achieve my goals and gain knowledge. On the other hand, it makes me obsessively check and organize things at times. I wish I was less obsessive.
18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?
I am definitely organized. I love planning and I hate surprises. Unexpected changes can freak me out. Although I will experiment and change things, I also like predictability. I make to-do lists almost every day and I aim to complete as much of it as I can in one day. I am a perfectionist as well. I do not stick to a self-imposed schedule often, but the tasks that I need to complete control my day. I can be obsessive in checking things and organizing at times.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I seek comfort by having routine and having organized surroundings. Although I love checking things off of my to-do list, I also like watching TV as well. I like comfort, but I don’t think that I should get “too comfortable” and stagnate.

Other Questions:
What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Success and leadership. I am driven to achieve things, and I like leading people. I like control.
Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel like I am at my finest when I am recognized for my achievements. I work very hard and I can be single-minded when achieving my goals.
What makes you feel inferior?
When someone is achieving more than me or is better than me at something. I compare myself a lot. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
While I may briefly consider my feelings and the others involved in a decision, the pros and cons are most important for me. I will think about how the decision will affect the future and the facts involved. Standards, rules, and laws will be considered. But I also do not want to be immoral according to my personal standards. Even though the pros and cons come first, I am not a person that believes that the ends always justify the means. I am not ruthless.
What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I pay least attention to my relationships. Although I like talking with people, I am very goal-oriented. I will also try to redirect my emotions into completing tasks and working towards goals.
How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friends perceive me as smart, curious, creative, hardworking, ambitious, perfectionistic, critical, high-strung, emotional, passionate, friendly, outgoing, and organized. I am not as organized as people think I am. My friends would never say that I am incompetent, lazy, or a procrastinator.

Hello everyone. I am not 100% sure what my type is, LOL. When I first took the MBTI, I got ISTJ. I just accepted that as my MBTI type, pretty much. A few months ago, I came back to MBTI. I started to think that I was an INFJ. So I took tests to confirm. I tested as all XXTJ types.
Introduction:
15, female. I am obsessed with school and achievement. I am a huge perfectionist. I do not like being lazy and I rarely ever procrastinate. I love learning new things, and I loved learning new things ever since I was a child.
I am an ambivert. I have always had different interests from most people. They have included law and politics. I am focused on productivity and I love checking things off of my to-do list. I am future-focused and single-minded when it comes to achieving my goals. I am creative and strategic. I am detail-oriented but I can see the bigger picture. I am meticulous.
When I was younger, I have struggled socially. I would obsess over a certain topic and talk about it nonstop when I was with people. I have expressed concerns about wanting to "fit in" with other people. In practice, however, I rarely acted on this desire. The main thing that this desire helped me to do was to improve socially.
I daydream quite a lot. I am naturally talented at creative writing and I create new characters and worlds easily. However, this is mainly when I am bored and/or listening to music.
But I still have my shortcomings. I am not very empathetic and I struggle socially.

Types That I Think I Am Not: ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ESTP, ISFP, INFP, and ISTP. (I can see myself in all other types, NGL).

Why I Am Conflicted About My Type...
I focus on being logical, but I am very emotional. I value objectivity and fairness. I have trouble with "reading the emotional atmosphere" of a room. Even though I consider myself to be an "ambivert," I used to struggle with the social nuances of conversation. I can be quite talkative yet I spend a lot of time alone. I am detail-oriented yet I am imaginative and I can see the big picture.

How I Act Under Stress:
When I am stressed, I worry, perform compulsions, and emotionally react. I become sad and I am forced to talk about my feelings. I am okay with talking about my feelings in those situations, but I do not like dealing with them. I become less driven to accomplish tasks, and I become solitary unless I talk about my feelings. I research things (which I normally love doing) for reassurance. I have also obsessively adhered to compulsions, and I feared that I was "bad" if I didn't perform them. I also become less focused and I procrastinate more.
Questionnaire 1:
2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
My purpose in life is to achieve great things. My sense of self is primarily defined by achievements, what I lack, and what I have. I want to lead, to strategize, and to achieve. I also love analyzing problems and providing logical solutions. Analysis comes naturally to me.
3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Although I relate a lot with greed and envy, I will go with envy. I always want to achieve more and I am a control freak.
I can relate the least to lust because my love life is not that important to me. Achievement is the most important thing.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I am drawn to intelligent and friendly people. I seek out those that have similar interests and/or experiences to me.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
People that have similar interests and experiences to me. Some of my strongest social connections were through Model UN and other clubs at my school.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
I am repulsed by lazy people that are overly spontaneous. I also dislike those that knowingly and willingly break the rules.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Others tend to “fit in” better. They are also more spontaneous than rigid. Even though I have good social skills now, I struggled with them when I was younger. I do not fit in because I am more task-oriented than relationship-oriented and I have always had different interests than most people. I also wish I was more spontaneous because it is a “likeable” trait.
6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I do not get angry easily. It is very rare that I will become visibly angry.

b) Shame
I feel shame when I do not live up to my expectations, and when I feel like I am not achieving enough. I am a huge perfectionist that hates receiving bad grades. My relationship with criticism is mixed. Sometimes I perceive it as useful, and sometimes it makes me disappointed in myself.
c) Fear
Fear has been a pretty important theme in my life. I fear failing and not living up to my standards. Fear is the main reason why I become emotional; I become stressed easily due to my perfectionism.
d) Love/passion
I feel passionate towards what I do. I can be single-minded in whatever I plan on achieving and I will enthusiastically work towards it. I am also passionate towards my interests.

e) Conflict
I have a realistic view on conflict. I am not particularly confrontational but I will do it if I need to. I believe that it happens every now and then and I don’t try to seek social harmony. I don’t like emotional conflicts; issues can be sorted out rationally. I love debating issues rationally and I am competitive. Intellectual debate is a fun thing for me.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
The themes of my life are: the desire for knowledge, the desire to achieve things, productivity, and perfectionism.

8) Answer only one of the following:

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
I plan on studying economics in the future, and I might go to law school. If I go to law school, I plan on becoming a corporate lawyer or an intellectual property lawyer. I have always been interested in law, politics, and government. I love debating and researching. I went about deciding this path because I find economics to be interesting and useful. Economics is also intertwined with politics. Although this is very close to my ideal pursuit, it is not. I want to study international relations because I am interested in international politics. I am in Model UN and I find that to be very interesting.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I tend to focus on a new person’s interests and friendliness. I tend to introduce myself to new people and I ask questions to know about their interests.
10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Although humanity has improved due to advancements in technology, medicine, globalization, and reforms, it is still unjust. Injustice is the biggest problem that the human race faces. The objective applications of just laws is what is needed in the world.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies and interests are economics, law, politics, history, Model UN, Amnesty International Club (this is a thing at my school), creative writing, and Taekwondo. I like debating as well.
13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I hang out with my friends at school and in extracurriculars. My friends and I tend to talk and do things in extracurriculars. I will usually talk to one or a few people and I will usually initiate the conversation. I do not schedule many interactions outside of school, however.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions are more important than words because words are meaningless unless they are put into action. Words can create meaningful plans, promises, and analyses, but plans must be enacted. Promises that are not implemented are meaningless.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

I would choose to be immortal. I love knowledge and success; therefore, I would not choose c) and d). Immortality means that you can explore many things and that you can accomplish many things. Passion & ambition drives me to achieve goals. I love food.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I avoid being lazy, a procrastinator, and being seen as a failure. I don’t want to be imperfect and unplanned. I don’t want to be driven by emotions, illogical, and subjective.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I can become very obsessive about my interests and ambitions. I will obsessively explore a topic that I am interested in for months or even years. On one hand, it is a good thing because it helps me achieve my goals and gain knowledge. On the other hand, it makes me obsessively check and organize things at times. I wish I was less obsessive.
18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?
I am definitely organized. I love planning and I hate surprises. Unexpected changes can freak me out. Although I will experiment and change things, I also like predictability. I make to-do lists almost every day and I aim to complete as much of it as I can in one day. I am a perfectionist as well. I do not stick to a self-imposed schedule often, but the tasks that I need to complete control my day. I can be obsessive in checking things and organizing at times.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I seek comfort by having routine and having organized surroundings. Although I love checking things off of my to-do list, I also like watching TV as well. I like comfort, but I don’t think that I should get “too comfortable” and stagnate.

Other Questions:
What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Success and leadership. I am driven to achieve things, and I like leading people. I like control.
Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel like I am at my finest when I am recognized for my achievements. I work very hard and I can be single-minded when achieving my goals.
What makes you feel inferior?
When someone is achieving more than me or is better than me at something. I compare myself a lot. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

While I may briefly consider my feelings and the others involved in a decision, the pros and cons are most important for me. I will think about how the decision will affect the future and the facts involved. Standards, rules, and laws will be considered. But I also do not want to be immoral according to my personal standards. Even though the pros and cons come first, I am not a person that believes that the ends always justify the means. I am not ruthless.
What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I pay least attention to my relationships. Although I like talking with people, I am very goal-oriented. I will also try to redirect my emotions into completing tasks and working towards goals.
How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friends perceive me as smart, curious, creative, hardworking, ambitious, perfectionistic, critical, high-strung, emotional, passionate, friendly, outgoing, and organized. I am not as organized as people think I am. My friends would never say that I am incompetent, lazy, or a procrastinator.
rly i dont wanna read this long text and just wanna tell you to be who you fuckin wanna be.. i feel like you too young to bother with this mbti and numerology, just be and be free, get ur degree, have a bf and just be.. that just me and my bs advice :)

i dont wanna read cuz i cant be bothered to read much tbh.. u like control? ur gonna have a hard time.. theres too much in this life u cant control..

Liking control seems like a stereotypical high Te thing. Fe-doms can definitely be quite controlling, but I know that I am not an Fe dom. I am not extroverted enough and I lack the social skills to be one.

You should come back to this later. Just live life while young. Hard to tell type from the internet and most people mistype early in their journey especially if they want to be perceived as a desired type

Last edited:
You should come back to this later. Just live life while young. Hard to tell type from the internet and most people mistype early in their journey especially if they want to be perceived as a desired type

I agree. I definitely idealize ENTJs, but I am not 100% sure if I am one. I definitely have some traits, but I cannot relate to the "intimidating" stereotype that ENTJs are given. I thought that I may be an INXJ (leaning INFJ) for a few months, but I think that I am too detail-oriented. I am quite good with details; INXJs tend to struggle with details because they are dominant intuitives.

Reactions: flower and Sandie33