[PAX] - Gun control | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Gun control

If they're sane, and simply just a violent criminal, then fuck 'em, aim to kill.
If I were going to break into somebodies house, I would expect them to shoot me...

Bwahahahaa!

This concerns me as well and is a good example of very irresponsible gun ownership.
Yes, and as Americans become less and less responsible and less and less respectful of human life, the likelihood that someone will kill with a gun when it was not in self-defense will continue to grow until we just can't be trusted with guns any more. It's too bad that the law-breakers always have to ruin it for everyone else.

Yes, and as Americans become less and less responsible and less and less respectful of human life, the likelihood that someone will kill with a gun when it was not in self-defense will continue to grow until we just can't be trusted with guns any more. It's too bad that the law-breakers always have to ruin it for everyone else.
Yeah! If I had a wife I'd want to possibly scowl at her on Sundays, but the darn criminals helped make it illegal in Detroit!

(but in all seriousness, I agree with your post)

I still wonder why are governments allowed to make biological weapons, and I'm not allowed to even do harmless biological experiments, under the assumption I might be making biological weapons. Guess, life isn't fair. (yet)

The paranoia causing even more paranoia in a cycle that harms more than it protects.

And to illustrate the absurdity of any laws, how are guns even defined. I can make a device that can't be classified as gun and serves the same purpose etc. I can place a device in such a way that the attacker is the one who triggers it, thus making me completely innocent. And I will still be the murderer, because I have thought about an attacker, in advance, and I have signed his death sentence in advance, by installing such a device.

So why not consider instead, what could be the reasons for the attacker to do it in the first place, and work with that. Trying to take their gun away won't remove their need to harm you, they'll find another way; and killing them back won't prevent you from getting attacked again - reducing your chances with each occurrence.

I was born in Wyoming.

I'm about as pro gun as you can be.

Is there by any chance a causality there? :whistle:

I have yet to see any evidence that gun control keeps guns out of the hands of anyone but law abiding citizens.
How about law-abiding-but-insane citizens, or those law abiding only until opportunity conveniently presents itself? I would wager arming them would be somewhat of a risk as well.

All I know is that more people die from accidents with guns. It seems senseless.
People can get so hot headed. People dont do things rationally when they are hot headed.

I was driving and another driver got upset with me. It was Saturday morning and I was not driving fast enough. This guy pulls his body out the window (while driving mind you. He pulls himself out far enouch until he can get his arm up over his head. He WHIPS a full Mountain Dew bottle at my car. Both of us were driving at the time. I hear this gigantic "Thwak"

I remember thinking. "If this guy had a gun I would be dead."

Maybe he had a fight with his girlfriend. Maybe he had a bad week at work. I know that someone would not get so mad at this one thing if it had not been boiling for a while. I was the straw that broke the camels back of his anger. He risked his life, mine and others to do this.

Gun ownership is a serious responsibility.

Now without any other context in place neither of these two defences hold any merit.
1 - You wouldn't need a gun if the other guy didn't have one... unless you're shooting them out of panic, fear and the assumption that it's your right to.

And here is the problem, because when guns are illegal, criminals will still have them.

2 - You can't defend yourself against any government with the backing of the military without having an entire military force at your disposal and if the government doesn't have the backing of the military then it's unlikely you're going to need firearms.

While I do not in any way support the notion, the present threat that one person with one bullet can take out any given politician has long been a check and balance for extreme political corruption. Remove the politician, and their military follows.

The problem is not the guns, it's the people with the guns. In Switzerland, everyone is required to own and know how to operate a firearm, yet Switzerland has one of the lowest gun crime rates in the world. The reason is simple. Switzerland also has one of the highest education rates of any nation.

Anyone who claims we need gun control is admitting that what we actually need is people control, and as proven in Australia, taking guns away will only cause these same people to use other weapons - and increase the crime rate - because they no longer fear being shot.

10110463_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the males in my family seem to believe this wholeheartedly. Sigh. FLOWERS are cool, people. Flowers. Somebody out there agree with me, dammit.

I know I am not going to convince anyone.

And I am not anti-gun... it's just.... ugh. So, so, juvenile. Dirty, loud, smelly, nasty things that kill people sound a lot cooler when you're not the one having to shoot an intruder. Or the one having to re-learn how to walk. A lot cooler.
Flowers ARE cool I especially like marijuana buds :D

Is there by any chance a causality there? :whistle:

How about law-abiding-but-insane citizens, or those law abiding only until opportunity conveniently presents itself? I would wager arming them would be somewhat of a risk as well.
Better ban steak knives and baseball bats then too right?

So sick of the BS argument that law abiding citizens are going to suddenly wig out and kill someone with their legal gun. Any of you making this absurd claim have any evidence to prove that this is even remotely the case? And dont just lump all gun deaths together, 10K a year, from what I understand half of those are suicides. And most if not almost all the rest are from illegally obtained firearms.

Lets try a different idea

we should ban knives, cars and baseball bats because you never know when a law abiding citizen will just snap out of control and use them to kill someone.

we should ban knives, cars and baseball bats because you never know when a law abiding citizen will just snap out of control and use them to kill someone.

Actually, more people are killed by cars than any other instrument within the control of another person. Many of these deaths are the result of impairments, and road rage.

Automobile related deaths far outweigh firearm deaths.

When considering suicides with firearm related deaths, we'll have to ban cigarettes and fried food because these also kill far more people than guns.

I've got an idea! Let's take guns AND cars away from people, and only let the government protect us and drive us around!

I am uncomfortable with this idea...

Gun laws should be in place, but I do not really agree with gun restrictions. Of course, I think submachine guns and stuff like that should be outlawed without a special permit. There should just be background checks and what not.

Gun right really arent a concern to me, nor should it really be a concern across the board.

hence, it shouldn't be an issue :D

*end debate*

So, someone having the ability to shoot me from a good couple miles away without coming into physical contact with me should be seen in the same light as someone who is physically close enough to stab me with a knife?

So sick of the BS argument that law abiding citizens are going to suddenly wig out and kill someone with their legal gun. Any of you making this absurd claim have any evidence to prove that this is even remotely the case? And dont just lump all gun deaths together, 10K a year, from what I understand half of those are suicides. And most if not almost all the rest are from illegally obtained firearms.

Lets try a different idea

Billy,
People are people. law abiding, whatever.

Even people who try to do the right thing can snap.
This is not good person, bad person argument.

the other thing is that there are accidents with guns. Especially when there are kids involved.

I dont think guns should be banned.....I think there should be responsibility.