For Women | Page 12 | INFJ Forum
No, I haven't, @mintoots. Years on the pill = zero period, then menopause = also, no period.

the biome of micro-organisms in the southern region

I've been trying to absorb info on healthy micro-organisms like gut microbiome and I learned that now that C-sections are increasing, mothers aren't passing the healthy and needed micro-organisms (from said southern region) to their babies.

Oh, also, not sure women are creepier than guys, but creepy behavior has a lot to do with the individual people involved, what they can get away with in whatever cultural situations they are in, and the expectations of that situation.

I wonder how they are during exercise or high activity
I've bought my first bunch though I haven't used them. I'll try to make a fair feedback when I can.

been trying to absorb info on healthy micro-organisms like gut microbiome and I learned that now that C-sections are increasing, mothers aren't passing the healthy and needed micro-organisms (from said southern region) to their babies.
Wow. It's my first time learning that. I have heard that normal birth is easier to heal from for most women, too.

The microbiome thing is like a balance of the communities of organisms on our skin, I guess. I just noticed that I'm more prone to breakouts like pimples when something is off with my diet and medications and normal activity. The idea of having these communities of organisms depend on us and live on us is kinda fascinating.

Oh, also, not sure women are creepier than guys, but creepy behavior has a lot to do with the individual people involved, what they can get away with in whatever cultural situations they are in, and the expectations of that situation.
I think I was definitely trying to describe something cultural. There's like a convention of community mothers, whether to book clubs or something. I grew up listening to many of these conversations as my mother was a socialite extrovert. I think the creep version of women might be parallel to that of men, whose conversations I overhear when I tag along with my older cousin and his group of friends. But yes, I might be overgeneralising.

Seriously, I've decided to shift from disposable sanitary pads to pasadors*. I think they're skin-friendly and better for the environment. With the right care, I believe it's also more hygienic in that it stabilizes the biome of micro-organisms in the southern region. I want to ask if any of you women have ever tried it?

*Pasador - reusable sanitary pads made of specific cloths and linings. A lot like cloth diapers.

I've looked at reusable sanitary pads in health food stores but haven't tried them out yet. I will.

Do any of you have light bleeding mid cycle? A year ago, I started to. It lasts a day or two. I was a little alarmed but gynaecologist reassured me it's not uncommon, especially for women in their mid 30s. Now, I have to be prepared for midcycle bleeding too.

Also, has anyone tried menstrual cups? I have a friend who uses one and is very happy with it. Apparently, a menstrual cup can last for a decade, if it's cleaned properly. It's an environmentally friendly option too. I haven't bought one, I think inserting and removing it could be a lot of bother - I never liked tampons. I would prefer try the reusable sanitary pads.

Do any of you have light bleeding mid cycle? A year ago, I started to. It lasts a day or two. I was a little alarmed but gynaecologist reassured me it's not uncommon, especially for women in their mid 30s. Now, I have to be prepared for midcycle bleeding too.
Woah. No, not really. My period is pretty predictable. I downloaded one of those app thingies and it hasn't disappointed me so far. Worse variance was maybe three days which is normal says the OB. I am a heavy bleeder though. Days 1 and 2 are always saturated. It mellows down on the third day, but it's usually a five-day magical streak.

Also, has anyone tried menstrual cups? I have a friend who uses one and is very happy with it. Apparently, a menstrual cup can last for a decade, if it's cleaned properly. It's an environmentally friendly option too. I haven't bought one, I think inserting and removing it could be a lot of bother - I never liked tampons. I would prefer try the reusable sanitary pads.
Someone I know advocates for it too, but it really isn't my thing. Many of the comments I read say it tends to be messy and so they still have to wear a sanitary liner (just the lighter ones). But some of the comments say it's like they don't even have a period at all! So, I don't know what to believe. Maybe it depends on the body type. I was also looking into cups as an option, but I don't think it's for me so I decided to give reusable pads a go, instead.

I kinda love that we said, "Ok, men can be here," and then went right into a topic most men find icky. :tearsofjoy:

@GreenTea - I think I was too clumsy for menstrual cups. It would have been a disaster, I just know it. Why hasn't Kristin Wigg included this in a comedy?

@mintoots -I have stories about men. LOL. (I've actually shared some of them on the forum in the past and people accused me of making them up because, "Nobody really acts that way." I assure you, they do. I deleted those posts rather than put up with being told I lied.)

I kinda love that we said, "Ok, men can be here," and then went right into a topic most men find icky. :tearsofjoy:
I actually thought men love boobies.

But I had that same reaction, as posted above :tearsofjoy:

I am a weird bleeder, not regular at all. But it's mostly diet and stress-related. When I didn't work the job I'm trying to get rid of, my period became on the clock with the full lunar cycle. Now sometimes it stresses me out because it's 2 days early or 1 week late... :rage:
It's not really an issue yet, but it will be.

The environmentalist option is not my thing either when it comes to sanitary treatment. Pads are what I used in high school but they are too messy for me, that's why I went with tampons.

Someone I know advocates for it too, but it really isn't my thing. Many of the comments I read say it tends to be messy and so they still have to wear a sanitary liner (just the lighter ones). But some of the comments say it's like they don't even have a period at all! So, I don't know what to believe. Maybe it depends on the body type. I was also looking into cups as an option, but I don't think it's for me so I decided to give reusable pads a go, instead.

The reusable pads I'm looking at would need to be soaked in cold water immediately after use and not allowed to dry out. They need to be washed within 48 hours on a 40 wash and either tumble dried on cool or line dried.

This would be fine at home, I'm not so sure about work days or when travelling. I'm happy to try though and see how it goes.

@GreenTea - I think I was too clumsy for menstrual cups. It would have been a disaster, I just know it. Why hasn't Kristin Wigg included this in a comedy?

:tearsofjoy:

I'm too clumsy as well. I'd sure end up staining my clothes when taking it out. Washing it in a public restroom might be weird too...
Was thinking about getting one, just so I can go swimming when I have my period, until I read someone's menstrual cup filled with water when swimming!

No, I haven't, @mintoots.
I've been trying to absorb info on healthy micro-organisms like gut microbiome and I learned that now that C-sections are increasing, mothers aren't passing the healthy and needed micro-organisms (from said southern region) to their babies.
Medical science is not really clear on this value, but the numbers being thrown out look like less than 50% of all cells in the human body are genetically human. The estimates go as low as 10% human. We are walking ecosystems in our own right.

Those are among the most popular approaches for women doing long distance hiking -Appalachian Trail hikers and whatnot prefer them.

I actually thought men love boobies.
They are one of the finer things in life. Even the 'butt guys' are down.

Washing it in a public restroom might be weird too...

This is when I'd spill it on the floor and a bunch of "basic" women all dressed in trendy clothes with the ends of their hair curled and outrageous manicures and handbags would walk in right at that moment at it would be, "Ohhhh.....myyyyyyyy......godddddddd!" They'd make faces and run out of the restroom shriek-giggling and I'd turn crimson and die. Just...ded... on the floor, surrounded in blood spilled from the diva cup.

Was thinking about getting one, just so I can go swimming when I have my period, until I read someone's menstrual cup filled with water when swimming!

Nightmare! You can't use tampons?

LOL. How about rectal bleeding during menstruation? Some women with endometriosis experience this.

Nightmare!!!!! Some things make it hard to feel at one with your body. This is one of those times. I've never experienced this, though, thankfully. Those poor women.

Nightmare! You can't use tampons?

I quit using them due to endometriosis, I had so much pelvic pain.

Nightmare!!!!! Some things make it hard to feel at one with your body. This is one of those times. I've never experienced this, though, thankfully. Those poor women.

I guess you get used to it after a few years. I did.

The reusable pads I'm looking at would need to be soaked in cold water immediately after use and not allowed to dry out. They need to be washed within 48 hours on a 40 wash and either tumble dried on cool or line dried.

This would be fine at home, I'm not so sure about work days or when travelling. I'm happy to try though and see how it goes.
Yeah the instructions are pretty specific on the ones I bought too. Ironing isn't allowed. Use bath soaps instead of detergent to stay away from allergic reactions and to remove stains better. Storage is also very thorough. They have to be line dried but but not under direct sunlight so as not to destroy some linings. I'm thinking to use it only when at home and sanitary pads for when mobile. What I dislike about sanitary pads apart from the environmental issue is the allergens. I tend to be allergic to it. The hypo allergenic ones are very expensive over here too so my period dents my daily allowance a bit. And then there's pain meds too for the dysmenorrhea.

Oh that's right! Do you guys ever use those warming herb patches on during periods? They really help me a lot.

LOL. How about rectal bleeding during menstruation? Some women with endometriosis experience this.
That's the first time I heard of it. Damn that must be painful.

Yeah the instructions are pretty specific on the ones I bought too. Ironing isn't allowed. Use bath soaps instead of detergent to stay away from allergic reactions and to remove stains better. Storage is also very thorough. They have to be line dried but but not under direct sunlight so as not to destroy some linings. I'm thinking to use it only when at home and sanitary pads for when mobile. What I dislike about sanitary pads apart from the environmental issue is the allergens. I tend to be allergic to it. The hypo allergenic ones are very expensive over here too so my period dents my daily allowance a bit. And then there's pain meds too for the dysmenorrhea.

Oh that's right! Do you guys ever use those warming herb patches on during periods? They really help me a lot.

That's the first time I heard of it. Damn that must be painful.

How many reusable ones did you buy? I'm trying to calculate how many I would need. Only going to use them when at home too.

The hypo allergenic ones are very expensive here too - I don't use them for that reason.

Rectal bleeding isn't uncommon with endometriosis. Few people seem to know about it though. Possibly women who have it just don't talk about it! Endometriosis is very painful overall.

Seriously, I've decided to shift from disposable sanitary pads to pasadors*. I think they're skin-friendly and better for the environment. With the right care, I believe it's also more hygienic in that it stabilizes the biome of micro-organisms in the southern region. I want to ask if any of you women have ever tried it?

*Pasador - reusable sanitary pads made of specific cloths and linings. A lot like cloth diapers.

I haven't tried reusable sanitary pads before, but I would like to try them someday.

I haven't tried menstrual cups. I'm taking birth control pill continuously without any breaks to treat my endometriosis, so I don't really have periods anymore (which is recommended if having endometriosis). When I didn't take birth control pill continuously before the diagnosis a few years ago - I couldn't and can't use tampons - because the bleeding was/would be so severe. So I think menstrual cups either aren't ideal for me personally. It would be such a bloody mess, lol! I prefer using sanitary pads too.

If I ever need to use sanitary pads again, I would like to try the reusable sanitary pads as well.

Rectal bleeding isn't uncommon with endometriosis. Few people seem to know about it though. Possibly women who have it just don't talk about it! Endometriosis is very painful overall.

Yep, rectal bleeding is common with endometriosis (usually the endometriosis tissue has then already spread to bowels, thus the rectal bleeding :/ ). Endometriosis is very painful. :(

I haven't tried menstrual cups. I'm taking birth control pill continuously without any breaks to treat my endometriosis, so I don't really have periods anymore (which is recommended if having endometriosis). When I didn't take birth control pill continuously before the diagnosis a few years ago - I couldn't and can't use tampons - because the bleeding was/would be so severe. So I think menstrual cups either aren't ideal for me personally. It would be such a bloody mess, lol! I prefer using sanitary pads too.

Sorry you have it too, flower. It's great if birth control pills are working for you. For years after the diagnosis I was taking birth control pills but all of them had side effects. Progesterone only pills are supposed to be very successful, but I had really bad mood swings when taking them. In the end, I found some supplements and natural remedies worked very well for me and I was happy with those. Hoping to conceive a baby in the next year or two so going back on the pill isn't an option.

Sorry you have it too, flower. It's great if birth control pills are working for you. For years after the diagnosis I was taking birth control pills but all of them had side effects. Progesterone only pills are supposed to be very successful, but I had really bad mood swings when taking them. In the end, I found some supplements and natural remedies worked very well for me and I was happy with those. Hoping to conceive a baby in the next year or two so going back on the pill isn't an option.

:hug:

I've tried countless different birth controll pill brands in my life, because before they always stopped working after some time thus changing the brand every few months... Fortunately the current one is working well. *fingers crossed* Sorry to hear that you got side effects. Birth control pills definitely don't work for everyone and it's common to get side effects from them. Each situation is different and everyone reacts differently. I wish I could be without any extra hormones, but unfortunately it's not possible... I'm glad you've found what works for you. ^-^ Awwww! <3 :blush:

:hug:

I've tried countless different birth controll pill brands in my life, because before they always stopped working after some time thus changing the brand every few months... Fortunately the current one is working well. *fingers crossed* Sorry to hear that you got side effects. Birth control pills definitely don't work for everyone and it's common to get side effects from them. Each situation is different and everyone reacts differently. I wish I could be without any extra hormones, but unfortunately it's not possible... I'm glad you've found what works for you. ^-^ Awwww! <3 :blush:

It does seem to be quite a journey to find what works best. You are so young, it is great if you have found the pill that works and can live your life, without having painful, messy periods to deal with. *Fingers crossed for you*.