For Women | Page 10 | INFJ Forum
Has anyone tried these super bras that the internet praises? The ones that support big boobage without wires, which also relieve back and shoulder pain?

I see them all the time on pinterest.
Yes. the seamless ones. They're cool in the beginning but best not to machine wash the babies. I actually also like some airy cottony but silky cloth it's made of. Very refreshing.

Yes. the seamless ones. They're cool in the beginning but best not to machine wash the babies. I actually also like some airy cottony but silky cloth it's made of. Very refreshing.
It might be either, but there are some synthetic fabrics that are constructed to be breathable.

I'd like to see those too, even just to analyse their construction and quality.

It might be either, but there are some synthetic fabrics that are constructed to be breathable.

I'd like to see those too, even just to analyse their construction and quality.
I think it's more adhesives and less stiches. The laser cuts are very obvious too. Here:
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women-airism-relax-wireless-bra-423046.html
I bought Uniqlo Airism at first. It really is freedom, but it's not great for busy days. It's cool for chill, summer days though. Basically my one hack for finding the right bra is to lean towards the sports bras with good coverage. lacy types with underwires are nice for some fancy days, but I don't like the way they mark on tshirts. Tshirt bras are the best. For ever and ever.

Anyway I recommend buying some version of airism for trial. I was happy with it, just not so happy with its longevity.

I think it's more adhesives and less stiches. The laser cuts are very obvious too. Here:
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women-airism-relax-wireless-bra-423046.html
I bought Uniqlo Airism at first. It really is freedom, but it's not great for busy days. It's cool for chill, summer days though. Basically my one hack for finding the right bra is to lean towards the sports bras with good coverage. lacy types with underwires are nice for some fancy days, but I don't like the way they mark on tshirts. Tshirt bras are the best. For ever and ever.

Anyway I recommend buying some version of airism for trial. I was happy with it, just not so happy with its longevity.
It says unavailable, sadly.

Your description does make it sound more like synthetic fibre material... but it certainly sounds good enough to try.

I think I'll try making a bralette this weekend. Gotta practice with something. Just need closures...
Tshirt bras are great, but not suitable for my shape. They always gape on top and it shows on the outside.

I may try that one. The primary bras I wear are designed a lot like that one. I wear True & Co. They have one that is just the stretchy material with no padding, and another called "lift" that has removable padded. (It doesn't technically "lift". It just has removable pads that fit into a pocket on the inside of the bra.) True bras are not breathable, though, and they feel sweaty during the summer. They're so smooth and comfortable, though. There are no closures. Completely metal-free. Wearing these made me intolerant of clasps. LOL.

My main bra hunt recently has been to find a similar type of bra that is breathable for summer. I've been wearing Lively's seamless racerback. It doesn't have the dreamy comfort of True, but it's comfortable. The ribbed material offers light support. (I have other bralettes from Lively and they are not supportive, though they are prettier. I bought one traditional bra by them and didn't like how it fit.) I also bought a few Boody bralettes. These are very comfortable, too, but I'm not sure I'd wear them if I were C or larger.

Do any of you wear a sports bra for exercising? I have one but it's not a good fit - no adjustable straps. I intend to find a better fitting one this summer.

I do, but I don't have any I'd highly recommend. Look for one without clasps on the spine because the metal hurts if you're doing exercises on your back. Also, it seems like a lot of sports bra straps and closures were designed by Houdini. :laughing: LOL!

I do, but I don't have any I'd highly recommend. Look for one without clasps on the spine because the metal hurts if you're doing exercises on your back. Also, it seems like a lot of sports bra straps and closures were designed by Houdini. :laughing: LOL!

Ouch! I definitely want to avoid those metal clasps. Will let you all know if I find a good one.

Do any of you wear a sports bra for exercising? I have one but it's not a good fit - no adjustable straps. I intend to find a better fitting one this summer.
I do. I find that for sports bra, razor back is the key. the more winds and wounds, the better protected the girls are. There's a type that's made of strong, knitty-type of stretchy fabric that's easy for slip-on wearing but gives enough support.

front_1000x1000_380ccfcb-7ca5-4b21-93ec-03ce0863ec7b_300x300.jpg
This one is low-impact and good enough for Yoga but won't cut it jogging. Maybe brisk walking would still work. I used something like this for HIIT and it was pretty okay when it hasn't been murdered by the washing machine yet. In total, cardio needs something extra.

These are pretty good ones for chesty types:
1587764352-wacoal-sport-underwire-bra-1587764340.jpg

1587765330-champion-plus-shape-u-sports-bra-1587765317.jpg

I do. I find that for sports bra, razor back is the key. the more winds and wounds, the better protected the girls are. There's a type that's made of strong, knitty-type of stretchy fabric that's easy for slip-on wearing but gives enough support.

This one is low-impact and good enough for Yoga but won't cut it jogging. Maybe brisk walking would still work. I used something like this for HIIT and it was pretty okay when it hasn't been murdered by the washing machine yet. In total, cardio needs something extra.

Thanks, mintoots. It's mostly low impact exercise I do - like yoga, cycling, hiking.. So, I think this is the kind of bra I need.

These are pretty good ones for chesty types:
1587764352-wacoal-sport-underwire-bra-1587764340.jpg

1587765330-champion-plus-shape-u-sports-bra-1587765317.jpg
I'm not chesty, never have been except for when i was nursing, nor am I flat chested, although I used to be.

I'm barrel chested with cartilage damage from decades of wheezing. This means I need to be wrapped tight or not at all, not just in selective bands. Sports bras are a savior for me. Or I just wear a tank, preferably one with a shelf bra.

I seriously should design and learn to sew my own.

Side story: I recall one day at work a male coworker approached me to tell me that he knew I was wearing a "stretchy bra" and it was not acceptable office wear. This was about 10 years back. I was caught off guard and don't recall replying to him, just giving him a look. I stopped associating with him after that. Creep.

Last edited:
Side story: I recall one day at work a male coworker approached me to tell me that he knew I was wearing a "stretchy bra" and it was not acceptable office wear. This was about 10 years back. I was caught off guard and don't recall replying to him, just giving him a look. I stopped associating with him after that. Creep.
WTF!!! I'll sling shot his face with his stretchy man panties. Take that, creeper.

@MoonFlier – If I see anything that sounds suitable for you during my hunt, I'll pass it along. I'm sorry to hear about your cartilage damage. It sounds painful.

That coworker sounds like a serious creep! Be careful with men like that. I was once nailed for sexual harassment at a job. The man reported me and claimed my clothing was "sexually distracting". I was wearing t-shirts or tank tops (with thick straps and coverage, not camisoles), straight-leg jeans, and Doc Martens to work. My outfits were not provocative. We also worked in different departments and I spent most of my workday in a room alone behind a closed door. When I tried to say he was the one sexually harassing me, HR told me if I didn't accept that I was harassing him (by merely existing in my tomboy clothes), I'd be fired. So, he openly admitted he objectified a female coworker and blamed me for harassing him due to his personal, sexual thoughts about me (that he never needed to share with anyone) and nearly got me fired over it. What an asshole.

@MoonFlier – If I see anything that sounds suitable for you during my hunt, I'll pass it along. I'm sorry to hear about your cartilage damage. It sounds painful.

That coworker sounds like a serious creep! Be careful with men like that. I was once nailed for sexual harassment at a job. The man reported me and claimed my clothing was "sexually distracting". I was wearing t-shirts or tank tops (with thick straps and coverage, not camisoles), straight-leg jeans, and Doc Martens to work. My outfits were not provocative. We also worked in different departments and I spent most of my workday in a room alone behind a closed door. When I tried to say he was the one sexually harassing me, HR told me if I didn't accept that I was harassing him (by merely existing in my tomboy clothes), I'd be fired. So, he openly admitted he objectified a female coworker and blamed me for harassing him due to his personal, sexual thoughts about me (that he never needed to share with anyone) and nearly got me fired over it. What an asshole.
That's horrible. I can only imagine how he must treat his wife, if he has one, if one could put up with his sorry behind.

Shame on HR for siding with him. I'm sure had you been fired you could have taken the case to court and won a lawsuit. Although I hate the courthouses and will do everything to just live and adjust accordingly. (Seriously hate them, I never even went after my first born's bio-dad for child support. Now I wish I had, LOL.)

The man reported me and claimed my clothing was "sexually distracting". I was wearing t-shirts or tank tops (with thick straps and coverage, not camisoles), straight-leg jeans, and Doc Martens to work. My outfits were not provocative. We also worked in different departments and I spent most of my workday in a room alone behind a closed door. When I tried to say he was the one sexually harassing me, HR told me if I didn't accept that I was harassing him (by merely existing in my tomboy clothes), I'd be fired. So, he openly admitted he objectified a female coworker and blamed me for harassing him due to his personal, sexual thoughts about me (that he never needed to share with anyone) and nearly got me fired over it. What an asshole.
I wonder if he was trying to be sexy then absolutely failed at it. Creeper.

:thonking:

That's horrible. I can only imagine how he must treat his wife, if he has one, if one could put up with his sorry behind.

Never married. Lived with his mom.

Shame on HR for siding with him. I'm sure had you been fired you could have taken the case to court and won a lawsuit. Although I hate the courthouses and will do everything to just live and adjust accordingly. (Seriously hate them, I never even went after my first born's bio-dad for child support. Now I wish I had, LOL.)

It was disappointing. I'd never go to court over something like that.
I empathize with why you wouldn't go to court with your ex, even though it may have been a good idea.

I wonder if he was trying to be sexy then absolutely failed at it. Creeper.

No. I think he was genuinely just thinking, "She makes me feel funny so I'm telling!"

I wondered the same about Moonflier's creep.