For Women | Page 13 | INFJ Forum
It does seem to be quite a journey to find what works best. You are so young, it is great if you have found the pill that works and can live your life, without having painful, messy periods to deal with. *Fingers crossed for you*.

It's a difficult and long journey sometimes. I hope so too, I'm tired of trying so many already. Thank you. <3 :hug:

I had ovarian cysts as a teen and got them removed when I was 20. I had very heavy, painful periods before that and missed a lot of school. Are there surgical options for this @GreenTea and @flower???

I was told I had endometriosis by a former OBGYN, but she was kind of crazy and wrong about other diagnoses, so I don't believe her. (Long, dramatic story.)

I'm interested in the story Asa, if you don't mind telling.

Your creeper story was interesting too, in a "why is this happening, what's wrong with the world" kind of way. (I'm sorry that happened, by the way.)

many reusable ones did you buy? I'm trying to calculate how many I would need. Only going to use them when at home too.
For now, I only anticipated night use so I bought three super heavy flow pads and two moderate flow pads for the last two days of my period. I bought enough for one cycle. If it works, I'll shift to it even for mobile use. I found a local brand that recommends putting it inside a sealed washable wet bag then putting it under running water and then soaking briefly. I still think it might be odd to carry around a used pad hahaha but I recall I once did this when I had my period and was up in a mountain. I didn't want to leave any trash behind so I know ziplock and good sanitary pad origami works pretty well but then ziplock is plastic... So I'm so sorry earth. It's hard to live without these modern conveniences.

Your creeper story was interesting too, in a "why is this happening, what's wrong with the world" kind of way. (I'm sorry that happened, by the way.)

These things happen to most women and a lot of men. A lot of us have these stories. I do have a few perfectly beautiful female friends who have never had creeper experiences I consider "typical", so I don't want to say, "It happens to everybody."

I'm interested in the story Asa, if you don't mind telling.

I deleted it.

Last edited:
I had ovarian cysts as a teen and got them removed when I was 20. I had very heavy, painful periods before that and missed a lot of school. Are there surgical options for this @GreenTea and @flower???

I was told I had endometriosis by a former OBGYN, but she was kind of crazy and wrong about other diagnoses, so I don't believe her. (Long, dramatic story.)

Did you have a laparoscopy to remove the cysts?

Endometriosis is diagnosed by a laparoscopy. Though sometimes they will make a diagnosis based on symptoms alone or using other tests. I had cysts removed by laparoscopy when I was 27 and that's when I found out I had endometriosis too. I'm sure I had it years at that stage.

There is a surgical option for heavy periods - endometrial ablation. I believe it's only given to women who plan not to have kids.

Heavy, painful periods are a symptom of endometriosis but I'd be surprised if a OBGYN would make a diagnosis based on that symptom alone. In most cases there would be other symptoms like pain during sex, rectal bleeding during menstruation, pain when peeing during menstruation, nausea, vomiting, constipation, fatigue, bloating, breakthrough bleeding before period.

I'm sorry to hear you had ovarian cysts. They can be so painful. And those heavy, painful periods when you were a teenager must have been hard to cope with too.

I found a local brand that recommends putting it inside a sealed washable wet bag then putting it under running water and then soaking briefly.

Yes, that's what my brand says to do too. I'm just not sure what a woman would do at work. Put the used pad into her bag and carry it around for rest of the day?!

Did you have a laparoscopy to remove the cysts?

Yes.

Sorry, I deleted the story. It's part of a bigger story I've been rehashing for years and I feel like I've talked about enough and just want to close the book. Very short story: When I was complaining about pain (from a kidney infection) and they couldn't find what was wrong, they did an ultrasound and told me I had endometriosis and cancer. I didn't have cancer, and my doctor was such a weirdo that I don't believe her about any of her "diagnoses". I had an operation where they didn't find anything and the circumstances of the operation make me believe she was just looking for an excuse to use her new toys (ie, the machine used for surgery). I stopped going to her.

In other news, Tat Brow is the longest-lasting brow make-up I've used (and I've used dozens). It's basically permanent marker you draw on your face with. It lasts all day, through working out, hiking, rain, etc.

As with other brow pens, the blonde/taupe color doesn't draw the crisp lines the darker colors draw. I also find their microblading pen too thick and "too much". I prefer the single-tip pen.

I want to get microblading, but the pandemic interrupted that. Though, I refuse to have "just anyone" tattoo my face.

Reaction post to reusable menstrual pad experience:

D1 : ooooh breathable. Me likey. Damn hard to to install on undies though. Use properly fitted undies. Granny undies are no-go.

D2 : can I really wash this? Oh! Easy to wash. Stains go away easily. Use fungicide soap with gentle scents. Wash and soap and rinse three times. Squeeze gently. Roll like carpet. Surprisingly easy to clean.

D3: it can really last four hours but it's uncomfortable. Use ziplocs. Baby powder too.

D4: lesser period, easier wash. Thing has to be properly air-dried.

D5: this whole washing this is boring now.

Conclusion:
For you if:
Not squeamish about washing undies
You've used and washed a cloth diaper for kids before
You have plenty of water and soap
You have a well ventilated but sunny clothesline
If you have time for line drying (pandemic)

Not for you if:
Squeamish
You've never hand washed filthy items before

Tips:
Check out your bleeding style. It totally helps in picking the right pad design.Try to choose ones with good fits too.
Choose the plain colored ones. It's easier to spot any other stains left
Be sure to rinse and squeeze thoroughly
If you could get those charcoal bamboo versions those would feel better. Idk why.

@GreenTea
@Winterflowers they're pretty ok when walking. I was surprised that it doesn't shift so much during activity.

Oh and there were no leaks at all. It was kinda impressive.

Last edited:
Any women out there have or had mother/daughter relationship that is to the point of no return. I mean like since teen years you've been a nothing but a selfish nuisance, though she has some serious issues to address herself? Have you found yourself seriously questioning if she loves you or loves to hate you...

Any women out there have or had mother/daughter relationship that is to the point of no return. I mean like since teen years you've been a nothing but a selfish nuisance, though she has some serious issues to address herself? Have you found yourself seriously questioning if she loves you or loves to hate you...
Yes but I was kinda sure she loves me just not sure how. My mother was veeeeeery busy so we could go on months or almost a year of not seeing each other. I was the kid that texted her mother i love you mama and she replied with: k. :tearsofjoy:

Yes but I was kinda sure she loves me just not sure how. My mother was veeeeeery busy so we could go on months or almost a year of not seeing each other. I was the kid that texted her mother i love you mama and she replied with: k. :tearsofjoy:

Ouchhh lol
I mean I slightly wish that was the case growing up not a Rapunzel like entraptment. Theres a part of me that wonders if like 20 years worth of ssris and benzos over losing my brother at 17 when I was 8 has some apathetic side effects. She was in such grief over how she couldve missed "her own childs suffering." From 14-17 My room was both my hideaway from a grieving angry father and self destruction dungeon. A year and a half of rigid anorexia and self mutilation to fill in the rest. She found out when she walked into the bathroom unexpectedly after a shower and my clever style of dress wasn't there to hide my work. She. Was. Pissed. Lol
So all annoyed she hauls me into my doctors tries 7 different ssris in a year. I don't really recall that year. At 19 two suicide attempts within a two week time frame led to voluntary lock down at the psych ward. What was her reaction "You take EVERYTHING to extremes Caitlin. After what happened to your brother how could you put us through this?! After everything we've done to fix this little attitude problem..."
Lol ahhhhh? So could I have went in place of my brother to make you happier or? Ill never forget that...

Ouchhh lol
I mean I slightly wish that was the case growing up not a Rapunzel like entraptment. Theres a part of me that wonders if like 20 years worth of ssris and benzos over losing my brother at 17 when I was 8 has some apathetic side effects. She was in such grief over how she couldve missed "her own childs suffering." From 14-17 My room was both my hideaway from a grieving angry father and self destruction dungeon. A year and a half of rigid anorexia and self mutilation to fill in the rest. She found out when she walked into the bathroom unexpectedly after a shower and my clever style of dress wasn't there to hide my work. She. Was. Pissed. Lol
So all annoyed she hauls me into my doctors tries 7 different ssris in a year. I don't really recall that year. At 19 two suicide attempts within a two week time frame led to voluntary lock down at the psych ward. What was her reaction "You take EVERYTHING to extremes Caitlin. After what happened to your brother how could you put us through this?! After everything we've done to fix this little attitude problem..."
Lol ahhhhh? So could I have went in place of my brother to make you happier or? Ill never forget that...
Oh wow. I guess mommies really are quite imperfect. It's a tough world to navigate for sure.

My relationship with my mom is really weird too. We seem very close (talk regularly, do holidays, etc) but I have always felt like she didn't like me and if I wasn't her daughter would not speak to me. I'm sort of a black sheep in my family. Or the family weirdo. My dad was abusive to my mom and brother but never physically harmed me in any way other than dumping a bottle of beer over my head at a family party when I was 7 because I was mouthing off. At 8, my mom left with us after he chased us out with a gun.

She and my bro are very close and always have been. I think part of it is a shared suffering. And I think she sort of resents me for the fact that my dad never beat me like he did to them. She has said things and made comments since I was a kid to give me reason to think so.

But I think we accidentally had a breakthrough the other week though. I got mad at my husband for I felt, too sternly disciplining our son. Having my own son just brought all the trauma of watching my bro get beat to the surface and now I find I'm hypervigilant of danger. If his dad yells or starts just acting frustrated it triggers me. I go into protect mode. Because I never could with my brother.

My mom witnessed it. I told my husband to leave after I felt he acted too harshly. And he left for a little bit without even an argument then came back. My mom did not understand why I was so mad at him for disciplining our son. He didn't even spank him or anything! But I was afraid he might just because my brain snapped back to being that kid! She said I over reacted. I agreed and told her I was seeing that certain things triggered me back to my bro getting beaten. She was like, "No one ever hurt you! You are fine!" I told her I wasn't and that everything that happened to them traumatized me too. She was speechless. I could tell just from looking at her that she had never even thought of that. I never realized it either until I had my own son and he started to get old enough to be corrected. It's hard to explain but I felt like in that instant, things softened between us a bit. Maybe there was a shift.

Last edited:
Reaction post to reusable menstrual pad experience:

D1 : ooooh breathable. Me likey. Damn hard to to install on undies though. Use properly fitted undies. Granny undies are no-go.

D2 : can I really wash this? Oh! Easy to wash. Stains go away easily. Use fungicide soap with gentle scents. Wash and soap and rinse three times. Squeeze gently. Roll like carpet. Surprisingly easy to clean.

D3: it can really last four hours but it's uncomfortable. Use ziplocs. Baby powder too.

D4: lesser period, easier wash. Thing has to be properly air-dried.

D5: this whole washing this is boring now.

Conclusion:
For you if:
Not squeamish about washing undies
You've used and washed a cloth diaper for kids before
You have plenty of water and soap
You have a well ventilated but sunny clothesline
If you have time for line drying (pandemic)

Not for you if:
Squeamish
You've never hand washed filthy items before

Tips:
Check out your bleeding style. It totally helps in picking the right pad design.Try to choose ones with good fits too.
Choose the plain colored ones. It's easier to spot any other stains left
Be sure to rinse and squeeze thoroughly
If you could get those charcoal bamboo versions those would feel better. Idk why.

@GreenTea
@Winterflowers they're pretty ok when walking. I was surprised that it doesn't shift so much during activity.

Oh and there were no leaks at all. It was kinda impressive.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I'm on Day 3 of my period. I'm working from home so have a good opportunity to try the reusables. No leaks. Also no irritation like I have with the plastic. Soaked them in cold water immediately after taking off and then washed them in the washing machine. They are drying on the clothes line at the moment. The stains are completely gone. So far, I'm happy with them.