ENFJs | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

ENFJs

\

How are your reflexes when you don't have time to think about them?

LOL. What a random thing to ask... And the only reason I'm butting in, is because I never thought about it before but my unconscious reflexes are kick ass. You should see me trying to save a bunch of falling objects out of a storage closet...

LOL. What a random thing to ask... And the only reason I'm butting in, is because I never thought about it before but my unconscious reflexes are kick ass. You should see me trying to save a bunch of falling objects out of a storage closet...

Actually, that is extremely typical of tertiary Se. I have it, you have it, and every other ENFJ and ENTJ I know has it. RL is trying to figure out if he's an ENFJ or not. I noticed that his Se scores are usually really low, even for an INFJ, and thought I'd start a series of questions to see if his Se is better developed than his scores imply. This could easily be due to wording in the questions not jiving with his self image.

Hmm.

Well, my report still says INFJ

INFJ 79%
ENFJ 76%
INTJ 71%
ENFP 65%
INFP 65%
ENTJ 60%

... so, on, so forth

... and my conclusion is, this test can go... somewhere unpleasant.

3% difference on that test isn't more than one dot of difference. Just like me, your scores are really close. That is something we knew already. Let's try something...

Choose A or B from each of these sets. Really think about them. Put yourself in a few situations with each, then pick.

A. I feel very satisfied by building a more appreciative atmosphere amongst friends

B. I really enjoy dreaming up imaginative ideas

A. I really enjoy comforting other people who feel hurt or upset

B. I feel very satisfied by imagining a radical vision of the future

A. I enjoy meeting friends

B. I enjoy anticipating the future

A. People irritate me when they invest effort in something that will soon be obsolete

B. People irritate me when they refuse to resolve a conflict between them.

A. Caring for others is what matters most

B. Knowing what is going to happen in the long term is what matters most

Last edited:
What are some of the questions relating to Se?

I always thought my Se was low because:

I did not put much emphasis on physical activities such as sports
I am sort of clumsy
My reflexes are a bit slow unless I am concentrating
but I can be wrong..

One thing I have noticed is that my Se tends to activate in negative ways

For example when I am stressed I eat a lot.

What are some of the questions relating to Se?

You answered quite a few of them below.

I always thought my Se was low because:

I did not put much emphasis on physical activities such as sports

Few NFJs are, whether ENFJ or INFJ, in fact, none of the NTJs I know are much into sports either unless someone they care about is into sports at which point they care about sports only when the person they care about is watching or talking about them.

I am sort of clumsy

What you're describing is probably a lack of attention to your surroundings where you bump into stuff, etc? Yeah, I do this a lot myself. Odd thing though, I recover from 99% of my accidents with ridiculously good reflexes. For instance, when I knock things over, I almost always catch them.

My reflexes are a bit slow unless I am concentrating but I can be wrong..

Give this some more thought. You might surprise yourself.

One thing I have noticed is that my Se tends to activate in negative ways

For example when I am stressed I eat a lot.

I'm not sure that's an Se trait, but if you have tertiary Se or even inferior Se, it will tend to manifest more clearly when stressed.

You answered quite a few of them below.

Few NFJs are, whether ENFJ or INFJ, in fact, none of the NTJs I know are much into sports either unless someone they care about is into sports at which point they care about sports only when the person they care about is watching or talking about them.

What you're describing is probably a lack of attention to your surroundings where you bump into stuff, etc? Yeah, I do this a lot myself. Odd thing though, I recover from 99% of my accidents with ridiculously good reflexes. For instance, when I knock things over, I almost always catch them.

Give this some more thought. You might surprise yourself.

I'm not sure that's an Se trait, but if you have tertiary Se or even inferior Se, it will tend to manifest more clearly when stressed.

Yup, it is mostly lack of attention, I tend to trip over a lot of things without even noticing them, I am also able to recover quite quickly from it like you stated when I drop something I am usually quick to catch it. I been through a lot of near threatening experiences due to my lack of attention but now that you mention it, I been able to prevent such catastrophic events from happening.

Edit: Also I am not certain if this is a Se trait but I go wild with music, jumping and doing random crazy acts. My body starts feeling the beat and I just let myself go.

Last edited:
Actually, that is extremely typical of tertiary Se. I have it, you have it, and every other ENFJ and ENTJ I know has it. RL is trying to figure out if he's an ENFJ or not. I noticed that his Se scores are usually really low, even for an INFJ, and thought I'd start a series of questions to see if his Se is better developed than his scores imply. This could easily be due to wording in the questions not jiving with his self image.

Quite possibly. Over all, though, I found this test extremely difficult and vague. I sort of fell in the middle with a lot of the answers, among them, the few questions that you've asked me to clarify below. I'll do my best to answer them with as much detail as I can.

Choose A or B from each of these sets. Really think about them. Put yourself in a few situations with each, then pick.

A. I feel very satisfied by building a more appreciative atmosphere amongst friends

B. I really enjoy dreaming up imaginative ideas

This is the second toughest question on the test for me, because I self-identify as a writer and dreaming up imaginative ideas is part of that whole process of writing. It's always been difficult for me to choose whether I want to invite my buddies over or to be left to my own devices; it always comes down to what I'm in the mood for--as in, do I feel like go through the entire production of getting ready to go out/stay in? Or do I just want to kick back with a cup of tea and my keyboard? I notice I sometimes cycle between my want to be with people and when I want to just relax... and it coincides with how cooperative my muse is.

A. I really enjoy comforting other people who feel hurt or upset

B. I feel very satisfied by imagining a radical vision of the future

A, for sure. I don't necessarily "enjoy" it as much as I would just never turn my back on somebody who is visibly upset.

At the moment, the idea of any sort of future absolutely scares me.

A. I enjoy meeting friends

B. I enjoy anticipating the future

I enjoy both, but if I had to chose, A.

A. People irritate me when they invest effort in something that will soon be obsolete

B. People irritate me when they refuse to resolve a conflict between them.

Tough, but I think situation A would piss me off the most. Especially if there were more practical matters to attend to (otherwise, I might explain it to myself that there's a value in the experience, not the outcome). When people have a conflict between them, it doesn't bother me as much until I'm approached directly by the two of them. Then I'll usually grow irate, especially if I care about the two of them and the thing they're fighting over is really ridiculous, but I'm actually quite laissez faire with people's affairs.

A. Caring for others is what matters most

B. Knowing what is going to happen in the long term is what matters most

Argh, this is the toughest one question for me. I think in terms of practical reasons where B is concerned, because my biggest stress always comes from uncertainty. Having just an inkling of the direction things will go in calms me down. But then, what good is knowing the long term if other people are out of the picture and experience it right with me?

The thing with me is, I like to preserve things. I like things to stay where they are right now and don't move while I get situated with or organize the situation to my liking (certainty). But at the same time, I get excited by the prospect of having to strategize and while people may be fickle by nature, getting them to move in certain ways... and I gain the most satisfaction from that (And I'll admit, sometimes I don't have the best intentions... being human and all :/ )

Haha, I never would've connected that with Se, but it definitely makes sense now that I think about it. Other odd things that may be connected with Se?

It's pretty hard to catch me off guard. I'll tune into my surroundings before someone even has a chance to (intentionally or not) sneak up on me.

I also have pretty good rhythm when it comes to dancing. My body just responds to music and I go with the beat completely unconsciously.

Last edited:
I also have pretty good rhythm when it comes to dancing. My body just responds to music and I go with the beat completely unconsciously.

That bold part is so me. I can be clumsy but my body responds to music without me even realizing it sometimes.

TDHT, your answers seem to be very similar to what I would respond. I always have this Ni vs Fe quite often.I also noticed our cognitive spreads are quite similar. I have some pretty odd things associated with Se now that I think about it, I have manage to pull of physical tasks that seem near impossible but when it comes to the much simpler tasks I totally screw up.

TDHT, your answers seem to be very similar to what I would respond. I always have this Ni vs Fe quite often.I also noticed our cognitive spreads are quite similar. I have some pretty odd things associated with Se now that I think about it, I have manage to pull of physical tasks that seem near impossible but when it comes to the much simpler tasks I totally screw up.

It's interesting that we do have such similar spreads, Raccoon; because I actually get the impression that we have quite distinct personalities. Even if I were to compare who I was at your age and you as you are now. If anything, I think that may be a testament to how MBTI is really just a collection of traits, not at all who we are at heart (it seems a number of people confuse that distinction). I'd be very interested in comparing notes on how we each use our Ni and Fe.

At the moment, I'm most intrigued by my apparent "hidden" Se. Not too long ago, Von Hase and I were discussing how it was strange for an INFJ to be such a physical person (my love of running was a popular topic). Of course, I dismissed it as Se because I was thinking in terms of it being just biology. Yeah, I may be a powerhouse on the track, but I really fumble with a lot of the fine-tuned physical activities, such as peeling potatoes, for example. So my conclusion was: nah, I have a sucky Se.

Apparently, though, it's quite possibly more complex than what I originally thought.

I will have to look into this a bit more.

Last edited:
It's interesting that we do have such similar spreads, because I actually get the impression that we have quite distinct personalities--even if I were to compare who I was at your age and you as you are now. If anything, I think that's a testament to how MBTI is really just a collection of traits, not at all who we are at heart (it seems a number of people confuse that distinction). I'd be very interested in comparing notes on how we each use our Ni and Fe.

At the moment, I'm most intrigued by this Se thing. Von Hase and I were discussing how it was strange for an INFJ to be such a physical person, which I didn't really see myself as. Mostly because I have trouble with fine-tuned physical activities, like peeling potatoes or hammering a nail into the wall (which for some reason, coinciding with my low Se scores, I thought was a classic case of Se deficiency) But then you catch me on the field or try to out-last me on the track, I'm a physical powerhouse without even trying.

Yes indeed, I see what you mean, I was a bit uncertain whether to mention it in my reply but I do notice that the way we behave is quite different even if age is taken into consideration. I do believe that MBTI can be somewhat lacking in this area, that even though people share the same type, there are various factors and differences that can play a role in each individual type. For example, an environmental factor can be my lack of friendship or really any sort of companions which has indeed altered the way in which my Fe behaves.

Here is how I see my functions..I use Fe in the sense that I love helping others, some might even call me altruistic. I enjoy helping others to the point where I often forget what is most convenient to me which is seen by my weak Fi scores( which really could be the crucial difference between us as I recall you stating that you are Fi is quite strong), I combine this with my Ni which is pretty much what gives me my thought process, imagination, what keeps me restless and always seeking the answer and pretty much anticipating what is going to happen next.

Now the problem is which process is most dominant, well I took the survey Von posted and pretty much Fe was stronger by pretty much 1 question. My Ni and Fe are constantly fighting. However I feel as if I am leaning on my introverted process due to the fact that I am not used to much social contact and have been isolated, I perhaps do not feel at y best at this point. I feel at my best when I am helping others and using my idealistic visions to do so. But others always come before my privacy time.

I can relate to the open door policy Von posted about.

At the moment, I'm most intrigued by my apparent "hidden" Se. Not too long ago, Von Hase and I were discussing how it was strange for an INFJ to be such a physical person (my love of running was a popular topic). Of course, I dismissed it as Se because I was thinking in terms of it being just biology. Yeah, I may be a powerhouse on the track, but I really fumble with a lot of the fine-tuned physical activities, such as peeling potatoes, for example. So my conclusion was: nah, I have a sucky Se.

Apparently, though, it's quite possibly more complex than what I originally thought.

You're describing tertiary Se to a T here.

... I got the winning lotto numbers? :p

View attachment 2652

Here is how I see my functions..I use Fe in the sense that I love helping others, some might even call me altruistic. I enjoy helping others to the point where I often forget what is most convenient to me which is seen by my weak Fi scores( which really could be the crucial difference between us as I recall you stating that you are Fi is quite strong), I combine this with my Ni which is pretty much what gives me my thought process, imagination, what keeps me restless and always seeking the answer and pretty much anticipating what is going to happen next.

Now the problem is which process is most dominant, well I took the survey Von posted and pretty much Fe was stronger by pretty much 1 question. My Ni and Fe are constantly fighting. However I feel as if I am leaning on my introverted process due to the fact that I am not used to much social contact and have been isolated, I perhaps do not feel at y best at this point. I feel at my best when I am helping others and using my idealistic visions to do so. But others always come before my privacy time.

I can relate to the open door policy Von posted about.

Sounds like the ENFJ set to me, RL.

Take a look at this and see if it jives.

http://www.vtwellness.net/assets/self-exam_ENFJ.pdf

Last edited:
RL, your an ENFJ. I realised it a little while ago.

The biggest basis for it is how you respond to others feelings and well being. it always comes first for you, at the cost of yourself.

You just have appeared as INFJ because you are in the process of learning how to socialize. For an extroverted type, not knowing how to do that will cause the appearance of false I.

RL, your an ENFJ. I realised it a little while ago.

The biggest basis for it is how you respond to others feelings and well being. it always comes first for you, at the cost of yourself.

You just have appeared as INFJ because you are in the process of learning how to socialize. For an extroverted type, not knowing how to do that will cause the appearance of false I.

This is SO true!

@TDHT and RL

I had a look at the enneagram test results thread and noticed that your results were 9w1/1w9 and 4w5 respectively. That might go a little way to explaining some of the differences between you, even though you're both (it seems) ENFJs.

Just a thought.

@TDHT and RL

I had a look at the enneagram test results thread and noticed that your results were 9w1/1w9 and 4w5 respectively. That might go a little way to explaining some of the differences between you, even though you're both (it seems) ENFJs.

Just a thought.

Great insight, as always, DC!

@TDHT and RL

Just a thought.

Yes, there is also a lot more to each individual person than either of these systems could ever explain.

Cognitive functions are nothing more than how we think, not what we think. It's the architecture framework of the mind. Everything else that makes us the individuals that we are is the result of something else.

Enneagram is based on our fears and motivations, as well as how we deal with them. There is a little cross over in Enneagram and Jungian Archetypes, but clearly there is a lot of diversity.

View attachment 2654

Last edited:
Yes, there is also a lot more to each individual person than either of these systems could ever explain.

Cognitive functions are nothing more than how we think, not what we think. It's the architecture framework of the mind. Everything else that makes us the individuals that we are is the result of something else.

Enneagram is based on our fears and motivations, as well as how we deal with them. There is a little cross over in Enneagram and Jungian Archetypes, but clearly there is a lot of diversity. We could make some assumptions based on the frequency of cross over, though.

View attachment 2654

Here are my Enneagram scores.

Wing 1w2 - 11
Wing 1w9 - 10.7
Wing 2w1 - 9.5
Wing 8w9 - 9.1
Wing 9w1 - 8.9
Wing 4w5 - 8.7
Wing 4w3 - 8.7
Wing 9w8 - 8.1
Wing 8w7 - 8.1

Wing 5w4 - 7.9
Wing 3w4 - 7.9
Wing 2w3 - 7.7
Wing 3w2 - 7.4
Wing 5w6 - 6.2

Both of the 1's were my top scores, and with the 1 wings being in the top five. We can safely say I'm a Type 1, which is very common for ENFJs. As most likely a Type 1, TDHT is likely an ENFJ too. As a 4w5, RL might be an ENFJ, INFJ, or INFP (though my money is on ENFJ that leans INFP because of stress).

I see this does make a lot of sense. The 5 is mainly caused by my constant need for independence. Not only this but I have mainly adapted myself to be a 5 due to circumstances which are not favorable to my actual persona, this is where I imagine the INFP comes in, when I am in my stress moods which is pretty often I tend to go INFP and my Fi goes wild. However I do feel at my best as a type 4. Type 2 also comes up pretty high on my ennegram tests as well as type 1. However I do not believe there's such thing as a 4w2 or 4w1 right? I have never seen this 2 types mix for some reason, perhaps I do not understand the enegram system much.