ENFJs | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

ENFJs

Agree with the above. The avatars say it all. :) Now please don't kick my ass.

Never, ever, elf! :)

Have a cookie!

Being an ENFJ would explain why...

I have a pathological attraction to INFPs, and vice versa
I have a titanic clash with most of the ENFPs I know (actually they clash with me, much to my surprise)
I instantly click with every ENFJ I have ever met
I adore INFJs and understand them so well
I am naturally fluent with a lot of physical activities (tertiary Se)
I have to focus so much in order to use my Ti
I can seem like an INFJ when I introvert

And why...

I have a giant sign on my head that says "Please take advantage of my almost limitless ability to give"

Last edited:
One of the best anecdotes I ever read in a description of ENFJs comments on the ENFJ...

TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"

This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!

This is actually how DOMINANT Fe behaves. It is so concerned with people that it assumes everyone else is too and understands that the newest person is the most important. Fe is always willing to get out of the way to let someone else ahead of them, and dominant Fe users assume everyone feels this way.

In your case, it is very likely that your ENFJs keep getting distracted (intercepted) by other people. While it would be easy to assume that extroverts should be the ones to be doing the contacting, the problem is that they are extreme extroverts, and keep getting intercepted while their Fe makes them unable to tell someone to hold on, or that they will get back to them, because that would be rude.

As proof of this, I bet that if you ask your ENFJs what they've been up to, they'll have a volume of stories about the people who have been hogging up their time. If you want to hang out with your ENFJs, all you have to do is ask. But, remember that if you don't ask, someone else will, and their dominant Fe will feel obligated to comply.

That sounds so much like me it's almost scary! :m035:

Being an ENFJ would explain why...

I am naturally fluent with a lot of physical activities (tertiary Se)

That's the one I needed explaining for too.

Still, I don't think that ENFJ is quite right for me. If the past month has taught me anything, it's my Si and Fi are surprisingly strong. I was actually toying around with the idea of being an INFP...

Your ENFJs will not only NEVER kick your ass, but we will kick the ass of anyone who tries to kick your ass!

Rarr!

That sounds about right. You've convinced me anyway Von. Well a long time ago actually. I think it was just yourself you needed to convince. Enjoy being superhuman. I wish I was. :D

Still, I don't think that ENFJ is quite right for me. If the past month has taught me anything, it's my Si and Fi are surprisingly strong. I was actually toying around with the idea of being an INFP...

You do realize that all of our base functions have to lean on one of our shadow functions, right?

For example, my Fe has always leaned on Fi, my Ni leans on Ne, my Se leans on Te, and my Ti leans on Si.

Your shadow functions are just a byproduct offshoot of your primary functions. If Fi and Si are strong in you, then you're likely an ENFJ because INFP is the shadow mode of ENFJ. Heh, especially if you're considering INFP as a type.

You're an ENFJ, hun. My phone bill proves it. Hehe.

That sounds about right. You've convinced me anyway Von. Well a long time ago actually. I think it was just yourself you needed to convince. Enjoy being superhuman. I wish I was. :D

I do enjoy being superhuman. I kinda feel like Spider-Man when he remembered he has powers. And you're right, I'm the one I have been trying to convince. I needed everything to line up. Just proves my weak Ti right there.

Last edited:
You do realize that all of our base functions have to lean on one of our shadow functions, right?

For example, my Fe has always leaned on Fi, my Ni leans on Ne, my Se leans on Te, and my Ti leans on Si.

Possibly. I suppose that at this point, I'm starting to see a little bit of everything in me and I'm no longer capable of objectively assessing my own traits enough to determine a type. In all honesty, whatever I am, I am.

Your shadow functions are just a byproduct offshoot of your primary functions. You're an ENFJ, hun. My phone bill proves it.

Haha. Yeah, that bill was brutal. I miss talking to you, though. We ought to skype sometime :)

The day you're an INFP, is the day Oprah goes on a diet and stays on a diet.

The day you're an INFP, is the day Oprah goes on a diet and stays on a diet.

ROFLOL.

Now you got me curious, indigo. What makes you that adamant to think I'm not an INFP?

ROFLOL.

Now you got me curious, indigo. What makes you that adamant to think I'm not an INFP?

Your need for certainty, and your need of planning things out and being able to predict the future.

The Mental Muscle Diagram Test has changed its format, and happened upon something really interesting.

"Looking at your individual preferences suggests that your type preferences are for INFJ.

However, it is not fully clear that your type is INFJ because, when we match the pattern of your MMDI pattern responses to the average patterns for each of the sixteen types, the MMDI code suggests your type might be ENFJ."

Here are my MBTI style results, based on the E, I, N, S, F, T, P, J scores...

View attachment 2648

...which are almost exactly typical of my results on any given MBTI style test. I almost always score very slightly introverted.

But, as noted above, the test caught the discrepancy....

View attachment 2649

The reason I keep scoring INFJ on MBTI type tests is that my Fi and Ni (Ti and Si) add up to just a little more than my Fe and Ne (Se and Te). But, I'm actually Fe dominant. Huh. Go figure. It really was that simple.

Last edited:
The Mental Muscle Diagram Test has changed its format, and happened upon something really interesting.

"Looking at your individual preferences suggests that your type preferences are for INFJ.

However, it is not fully clear that your type is INFJ because, when we match the pattern of your MMDI pattern responses to the average patterns for each of the sixteen types, the MMDI code suggests your type might be ENFJ."

Here are my MBTI style results, based on the E, I, N, S, F, T, P, J scores...

View attachment 2648

...which are almost exactly typical of my results on any given MBTI style test. I almost always score very slightly introverted.

But, as noted above, the test caught the discrepancy....

View attachment 2649

The reason I keep scoring INFJ on MBTI type tests is that my Fi and Ni (Ti and Si) add up to just a little more than my Fe and Ne (Se and Te). But, I'm actually Fe dominant. Huh. Go figure. It really was that simple.

Linkity link link?

Von, I still do not understand my cognitive processes and since I am thinking I am perhaps an ENFJ maybe you could please explain the location of my functions.

My 2 leading functions are classic XNFJ with Ni and Fe switching back and forth. I have an oddly strong Te and Si though my Fi and Se are both very weak. I am wondering if I am leaning on any of my shadow modes.

Hmm.

Well, my report still says INFJ

INFJ 79%
ENFJ 76%
INTJ 71%
ENFP 65%
INFP 65%
ENTJ 60%

... so, on, so forth

... and my conclusion is, this test can go... somewhere unpleasant.

Von, I still do not understand my cognitive processes and since I am thinking I am perhaps an ENFJ maybe you could please explain the location of my functions.

My 2 leading functions are classic XNFJ with Ni and Fe switching back and forth. I have an oddly strong Te and Si though my Fi and Se are both very weak. I am wondering if I am leaning on any of my shadow modes.
\

How are your reflexes when you don't have time to think about them?