ENFJs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

ENFJs

Johny Depp is no extrovert

ENFJ women are my kryptonite. I've never seen passion or intenisty like that, but unfortunately (and I swear I'm not trying to sound egotistical here) so few ENFJs have strong Ti (or high end IQs), leaving me unable to respect their intelligence, especially when they feel very intensely that they are right when they are not. Otherwise, there is an incredible mutual admiration, which I think is what the relationship is built on... well that and the passion, dear goodness the passion. Unlike the supermagnet effect with INFPs, ENFJs are like plugging into direct current and forming a power circuit.

Passion you say? Interesting....

I agree. ^ I know he's in the limelight, but I see him as an introvert too... A really hot, super sexy, extremely fantastic introvert... :wink:

I agree. ^ I know he's in the limelight, but I see him as an introvert too... A really hot, super sexy, extremely fantastic introvert... :wink:

All the MBTI personality sites list him as a famous ENFJ, and I can see it. He's not a classic extrovert by any means, but this is one of the reasons I am leaning toward ENFJ now, because ENFJs are seldom classic extroverts. He's very N, very F, and more J than P. That leaves INFJ and ENFJ, and he's just too focuesed to be an INFJ. He's extremely social and gregarious in his private life by all reports. He just feels that he needs to keep his private and public lives seperate. I can certainly understand that, and that's very Fe actually. He's also a political activist focusing on how people should care for one another, again more Fe than Fi.

However, the MBTI sites could always be wrong. A lot of them site Obama as ENFJ, and there is no way he's not an ENTP. None.

Last edited:
All the MBTI personality sites list him as a famous ENFJ, and I can see it. He's not a classic extrovert by any means, but this is one of the reasons I am leaning toward ENFJ now, because ENFJs are seldom classic extroverts. He's very N, very F, and more J than P. That leaves INFJ and ENFJ, and he's just too focuesed to be an INFJ. He's extremely social and gregarious in his private life by all reports. He just feels that he needs to keep his private and public lives seperate. I can certainly understand that.

However, the MBTI sites could always be wrong. A lot of them site Obama as ENFJ, and there is no way he's not an ENTP. None.

So it is not uncommon for ENFJ's to have a borderline E score? I heard that ENFJ's are mostly considered extroverts because they have the need to help others, they might take so much pleasure in doing so that they might forget about themselves, they are very self-sacrificing but it is not because they might me extremely outgoing or just take pleasure in having lots of friends. I am guessing an ENFJ like the INFJ would take pleasure in have a small group of friends in which they can depend on, I also heard ENFJ's need recharging time, more so than other extroverts but I am not sure how accurate this is.

I think people might think Obama is an ENFJ is because he has very good verbal skills, he knows well how to manipulate and use his words correctly to influence others which is something I read many ENFJ's have but I believe they generally use such skill towards good and not to fulfill their own ambitious conveniences.

So it is not uncommon for ENFJ's to have a borderline E score? I heard that ENFJ's are mostly considered extroverts because they have the need to help others, they might take so much pleasure in doing so that they might forget about themselves, they are very self-sacrificing but it is not because they might me extremely outgoing or just take pleasure in having lots of friends. I am guessing an ENFJ like the INFJ would take pleasure in have a small group of friends in which they can depend on, I also heard ENFJ's need recharging time, more so than other extroverts but I am not sure how accurate this is.

Yes, this all agrees with what I've read and seen.

I think people might think Obama is an ENFJ is because he has very good verbal skills, he knows well how to manipulate and use his words correctly to influence others which is something I read many ENFJ's have but I believe they generally use such skill towards good and not to fulfill their own ambitious conveniences.

He's very good at pretending to be an ENFJ when he's giving a speech. However, candid, he's such a classic ENTP... stammering and thinking a million miles an hour faster than his mouth can keep up. Trust me when I say this, ENFJs can't think faster than they can talk. They do well to read faster than a speaking pace. (Another reason why I think I might be one). ENTPs think at lightspeed. While Obama has some Fe in there (tertiary) that he draws upon, he's constantly coming up with ideas (Ne) for solutions to immediete problems (Ti) while having difficulty seeing how these ideas will relate to the big picture (classic ENTP Te deficiency) then getting upset when people shoot down these ideas he feels will work (Fe). He's also got a very good memory for little details like names and places by all reports (Si inferior, and common to ENTPs and ENFPs).

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Love
Von... thank you, you now have me questioning my I.... *now I have to go read*

Von... thank you, you now have me questioning my I.... *now I have to go read*

Don't take this the wrong way, but I've always thought you were an ENFJ. Your Fe is very strong, seems to guide you.

I'm starting to think there are more than a few of us here that are ENFJs who think they are INFJs, as well as INFPs who think they are INFJs.... especially now that I've gotten to know some INFJs and INTJs very well.

It's really easy for ENFJs to assume they are INFJs because self assessment is inherently an introverted function, so when we self assess, we lean toward introversion scores. When we're 'geeking out', we're leaning on Ni and Ti, which when combined with our natural Fe, we test like INFJs... But, for the record, I think that the place for ENFJs is here, on the INFJ forums because of the introverting phenomenon.

I found an ENFJ forum, and it has 5 members. No really... five. Hehe, kind of proves my point... http://www.enfjforum.com/ENFJForum.aspx

Don't take this the wrong way, but I've always thought you were an ENFJ. Your Fe is very strong, seems to guide you.

I'm starting to think there are more than a few of us here that are ENFJs who think they are INFJs, as well as INFPs who think they are INFJs.... especially now that I've gotten to know some INFJs and INTJs very well.

It's really easy for ENFJs to assume they are INFJs because self assessment is inherently an introverted function, so when we self assess, we lean toward introversion scores. When we're 'geeking out', we're leaning on Ni and Ti, which when combined with our natural Fe, we test like INFJs... But, for the record, I think that the place for ENFJs is here, on the INFJ forums because of the introverting phenomenon.

I found an ENFJ forum, and it has 5 members. No really... five. Hehe, kind of proves my point... http://www.enfjforum.com/ENFJForum.aspx

I agree, I also think Dneecey is perhaps an ENFJ. I noticed that a lot of forum members are primarily guided by their Fe, they apply feeling and how it affects others first and later use their intuitions to help them figure out a specific problem. I think there is a lot of bias in self-assessment towards particular traits such as introversion and perhaps intuition, a lot of people see the word ''imaginative'' and they automatically think it applies to them when intuition is more than just that. Indeed all E's seem to be much rarer online and even more ESXX types, you don't see an ESTP or and ESFJ forum, perhaps they are not very interested in such assessments? or its just the self-assortment bias..they seem so much more common from my observations.

The conclusion I've come to (at this point) is the same one I end up at.

I'm either an INFJ who leans VERY strongly ENFJ or I'm an ENFJ who leans VERY strongly INFJ.

There are parts of myself that don't line up with either, and as a J type, that's frustrating, but I have to remind myself just as I remind everyone else that the personality types are approximations and generalizations. They're not going to fit anyone perfectly... and in some rare cases, more than one is going to fit equally well.

Argh, VH. You have a nasty habit of casting doubt upon my type as soon as I've settled into one comfortably. I think I'm some bloody combination of NFJ and I'll leave things at that.

Argh, VH. You have a nasty habit of casting doubt upon my type as soon as I've settled into one comfortably. I think I'm some bloody combination of NFJ and I'll leave things at that.

In all honesty, I think the ideal person should have excellent use of all of their functions, so the possibility that we have more than one personality type that we can adapt into seems as if we are on that track of development.

'Never stop growing' is my motto.

The more I think about it, the more I think we've simply developed beyond the typical personality patterns, which are inherent in people who are not forced (or force themselves) to grow beyond them. When someone is very typical of a personality type, it seems most likely the result of staying within the scope of their initial development, and not adapting to 'evolve' more functionality and preference.

You and I (and several others here) have developed our functions well enough to fully fit into both NFJ patterns, not just in between. Now that we've got these down, we're both developing our Te (through Fe and Ti tandem use), which is starting to give us access to the NTJ sphere. If I'm right, then we've been looking at this incorrectly, assuming that the snapshot of ourselves at the moment is a good measure of who we are, when in all actuality we are works in progress. Therefore, we should probably focus more on where we started and where we can go.

If nothing else, I think this is proof that people can develop however they wish, and learning how to help people in this process may be a key step in helping humanity.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I think we're ambiverts. We've developed our functions well enough to fully fit into both, not just in between. And now, we're both developing our Te, which is starting to give us access to the NTJ sphere.

In all honesty, I think the ideal person should have excellent use of all of their functions, so the possibility that we have more than one personality type that we can adapt into seems as if we are on that track of development.

'Never stop growing' is my motto.

I think I might have to steal your motto. :p

Great thread! I always learn so much in these type of introspective musings. Your knowledge of yourself and the MBTI traits always amazes me VH. It definately helps me in my own self-assessing. My current belief for myself is: Base type = INFJ. Secondary (stress mode) = INFP. Certain positive Social Situations = ENJF.

I also now realise I spent a lot of time in INFP mode in the past and this was one of the reasons I was not happy and true. I have returned to my true INFJ self in the last year and it has made a huge difference in how I view things. My writing has exploded again. Thanks for continuing to share your knowledge and insights.

ENFJ women are my kryptonite. I've never seen passion or intenisty like that, but unfortunately (and I swear I'm not trying to sound egotistical here) so few ENFJs have strong Ti (or high end IQs), leaving me unable to respect their intelligence, especially when they feel very intensely that they are right when they are not. Otherwise, there is an incredible mutual admiration, which I think is what the relationship is built on... well that and the passion, dear goodness the passion. Unlike the supermagnet effect with INFPs, ENFJs are like plugging into direct current and forming a power circuit.

I can relate to all the bold stuff up there. I've been told by many that I'm very intense and passionate. Also, my Ti almost always tests as my weakest or second weakest function. We ARE always right.

JK :p But yeah, I see what you mean about being so intense about thinking we're right a lot of the time.

Von Hase said:
Obiwan seemed more ENFJ than Qui Gonn.

Yes, this helps. I can definitely see the ones I put in bold. I never watched Quantum Leap. Noah has a huge T function, and my money is on ENTJ. Captain Archer... I'm really on the fence about. I can see it, but the P is strong in him. Red... just seems too I and S to me. Thulsa Doom... something's not jiving with him as an ENFJ... not enough idealism that includes the well being of others, nor enough 'passion'. Now Khan from Wrath of Khan, now there's an ENFJ villain!
Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan I can maybe see as an ENFJ, not Alec Guinness' though (INFJ all the way IMO).

If Noah's an ENTJ he's very different to the ones I'm familiar with, might be an enneagram thing?
Red I can maybe see as an Intravert, not so much the "S" though, he seems to prefer contemplation to practicality.
Thulsa's a tough one, he has that ENFJ-style magnetism, but maybe that's James Earl Jones' personality coming through?
Khan I can definitely see as an ENFJ, good call.

Edit: After taking a look at them, I can see Scott Bakula, though I think what's going on here is that the actors (Shatner and the new Kirk) are ENFJs playing characters that are not ENFJs. Based on their actions, Kirk is an ESTP and Archer is an ENFP. We're seeing the actor shining through.
That makes sense to me.

However, Kate Winslet is without a doubt and ENFJ. Worse still, she makes facial expressions, mannerisms, and vibes as me in candid photos / video. This does not bode well for my INFJness.
Embrace the dark side, Von. :D

Embrace the dark side, Von. :D

Looks like I'm going to have to. Indigo has made a lot of really convincing observations that I hadn't considered which has led me to a deeper understanding about Jungian archetypes.

Some people are very obviously a personality type because they are clearly at a point in their development where they've developed their Dominant function more than they Secondary more than their Tertiary more than their Inferior, etc. because the tools we use to measure our preferences are primarily based on how well developed our functions are. Indigo is a classic example of an INFJ.

However, when he noticed that I feel first then fine tune with intuition, all of a sudden my preference order became apparent, despite my strong Ni and solid Ti. These may be well developed functions for me, and may even be better developed than my Fe and Se respectively, but Jungian personality types are not about which functions you use more. They are about which functions you reflexively use first, and there's no denying that when I am awake, I almost always jump to how I feel something should be (Fe) before I consider the truth of it (Ni), which means at my core I'm an Fe Dominant with Ni Secondary, also known as an ENFJ.

Although I have developed some of my other functions fairly well, and can even lean on those functions to perform some of the roles of other types in some cases, my reflexive state is what I've been trying to determine, and I think we've got it (after flirting with the possibility for over a year).

I think this is a very interesting realization, because it means that some people have functions that are developed to a degree that can seem inconsistent with their type, due to life experiences, current stress levels, and the phase of development they are going through.

It also helps show how some of the measuring tools we've been assuming are valid may not be. For instance, I have long assumed I was Ni dominant because when I wake up I'm not very Fe. However, I'm hypoglycemic which tends to leave me with little glucose when I wake up, and therefore less inclined to use the more energy intensive F functions. This isn't a function of cognitive preference, but a function of my blood sugar.

This process has been very enlightening for me, as I would not have learned so much about it had I been initially pegged as one type or another. The battle to find my type brought me through a great deal of obstacles to overcome, which have led me to much greater understanding than my Ti would have bothered to develop otherwise.

Also, this explains why I love you INFPs so much even though you guys make me insane from time to time. :p (Funny note, the INFP I've been dating assumed that I couldn't like her if I was mad at her. When I told her that these two conditions were not mutually exclusive, you could see the lightbulb go off in her head, hehe. Silly INFPs. You guys are so cute sometimes. *hugglefest* )

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]So, I took a new approach to all of these tests... I answered them as if I was happy and healthy, in my best place mentally, rather than where I have been for the last several years.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]
ENFJ
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Extraverted
Intuitive 62
Feeling 50
Judging 11

Basic Report Results (
mhfg)

ENFJ - 76%
INFJ - 75%
INFP - 73%
ENFP - 63%

Type Dynamics Results

Fe - 25
Fi - 24
Ni - 23
Ne - 18

Cognitive Process
Level of Development
(Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

(Fe) ****************************************** (42.8)
(Fi) ************************************** (38.8)
(Ni) ************************************ (36.6)
(Se) ******************************** (32.5)
(Ne) **************************** (28.6)
(Ti) *********************** (23.3)
(Te) ******************* (19.2)
(Si) ****************** (18.4)

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]For these reasons, I'm starting to see how I am Fe > Ni > Se > Ti, despite my self assessments. It's like I finally got a good look at myself from the outside.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Today, I'm starting to feel that my scores on those tests are a representation of my 'idealized' self, more than my 'healthy' self. I'm sure Tony Robbins would tell me that these are the same, but as I have mentioned before I wish I was more like the ENFJs that I know.

If I am not 'forced' to use my Fe, I get lost in my Ni. It's a reflex for me. I'll drift right off into it unless I have someone pulling my attention to them, tugging at my Fe to care for them more than what's going on in my head.

I've based a lot of the assumption that I'm Fe dominant and Ni secondary on the fact that I quickly decide how I feel about things, and afterward refine how I feel about things. But, I think that's just the nature of the way Ni can't make a decision quickly if it doesn't have enough of the pattern, which leaves my Fe to pick up the slack, which it will do reflexively... seeing as that's the nature of Fe. However, if I were Fe dominant, I don't think my Ni would be able to talk my Fe out of how I feel things should be so frequently.

Most importantly, I don't think that this trait is a proper representation of Fe. I care a lot about people in a very Fe way, but I really have a lot of trouble remembering to express it before the moment passes. For example, someone walks up and says "Good morning." Before I have a chance to realize that this person deserves to be told the same, or even realize that they want to, the conversation has moved on, and I missed my opportunity to respond without bringing further attention to the fact that I was zoned out. I am constantly operating under Fe motivations, but my follow through gets tripped by my Ni almost every time. In order for me to engage in politeness, I have to make everything come to an abrupt stop and focus on the matter in the form of an apology. I never really stop to consider how much I assume people understand how I feel because I show them ... in my own way, which also gets misinterpreted frequently. One of the things I really admire about ENFJs is their ability to not lose a step in this process that I'm always feeling like a gear that's the wrong size in. I think this points toward my Fe not being dominant.

So, today, I'm back to thinking I'm an INFJ with a strong Fe, rather than ENFJ with a strong Ni. In either case, I am one of those people who stratles the fence between two types, and I'm clearly not alone in this trait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie
And this is just funny...

ENFJ: The Cult Leader

be able to deduce connections between things that other people miss; ENFJs are big thinkers. They are extremely charismatic, and wish to offer the benefit of their wisdom to the world at large. They tend to see the grand scheme of things, and tothese psychological personality traits are the result fo the fact that they are the Messiah.

ENFJs use their charisma and their knowledge to teach others, benevolently helping their fellow man reach a higher plane of evolution through such unorthodox but enlightened means as Psychic Third Nostril Enlargement. They then retire to secluded farmhouses in rural areas, where their followers express appreciation for the ENFJs by signing over all their worldly possessions and giving up their wives and daughters to the ENFJ's "special care."

RECREATION: ENFJs are fond of collecting things, such as wives, guns, ammunition, and FBI search warrants. ENFJs often pass their leisure time engaged in such pursuits as self-flagellation or being nailed to things. Some ENFJs eschew these activities, preferring instead to watch their followers engage in them, offering suggestions and gentle advice when appropriate.

COMPATIBILITY: ENFJs make natural companions and mentors to INFJs. They often get along well with ENFPs, although a friendly rivalry may sometimes erupt between the two.

Famous ENFJs include J. R. "Bob" Dobbs.

I got this from here... http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

Oh, yeah, it's my boyfriend, it's my boyfriend!

Last edited:
All the MBTI personality sites list him as a famous ENFJ, and I can see it.

All the sites I've seen him typed list him as INFP.

And I am still not convinced he is an extrovert. I mean watching him in interviews he seems rather reserved and he speaks very deliberately all would be hallmarks of him being introverted. Now even when he seems more comfortable like on a one on one situation his style of speech is still very low key. An extrovert would put more of themselves out there in the majority of situations. Even if there goal was to be private there energy would be more open.

All the sites I've seen him typed list him as INFP.

And I am still not convinced he is an extrovert. I mean watching him in interviews he seems rather reserved and he speaks very deliberately all would be hallmarks of him being introverted. Now even when he seems more comfortable like on a one on one situation his style of speech is still very low key. An extrovert would put more of themselves out there in the majority of situations. Even if there goal was to be private there energy would be more open.

I agree.

Just watched an interview and deffo an introvert in my opinion.