Do you really? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you really?

sriv said:
ShaiGar said:
Kwistalline said:
Do you actually retain what you read?? (no, don't answer that, you'll make me feel even more insignificant for being a seive)
Just the jist generally. I retain the book so I can find specifics later
So what is the point of reading all the way through the book if you just want the jist? You could read an online summary. Am I missing something?
Because I do enjoy every word of the book, but I don't retain it... I can always go back.

You gotta admit some of this is pretty sad... I lurk and express myself in forums; read about MBTI, browse through myspace profiles, try to find interesting people to snoop on, blog…reflect, introspect, vent...sometimes write shitty poetry. I love attending bible study. I would take up photography except I hardly ever leave the house... I also love envisioning different scenarios, producing my own "movies;" creating a reality of my own. Also, listening to music while dancing and singing like a goon while no one's home... I watch Dr Phil and Big Brother daily because I’m intrigued by people yet don’t have many friends. I love lengthy phone conversations where I can ask my bestie many questions and discuss life in general. Unfortunately these are rare because I depend on the other person to call me. Hm, oh and window-shopping preferably at a mall where they have Borders. I read more internet pages than books though... more pieces written by random people than published writers... I also retain just the general gist of everything I read, sometimes the odd quote that stuck out. Come to think of it, I’m basically never bored.

writing in my diary, trying to write outside of my diary, drawing and painting, photography, reading, "wasting" time on internet forums (or so it seems to me because I use them to procrastinate - but they can be so interesting).

What do you guys write by the way?

My hobbies are painting, drawing, altering(turning trash to treasure), digital scrapbooking, scrabooking, jewelry making, graphic art, sewing, My fish tank (Very relaxing) and mold making/casting.

whew...did i forget anything...unless you count internet as a hobby lol

I strip.

ok. I don't. Sounds like an interesting hobby though. What do I really do.I run.I bet.I sleep.I eat.I shop.I do things.
um..I'm not sure I have any real hobbies.I'm too frekin' buzy.

I like; fishing, surfing, swimming, snorkelling, travelling, reading, graphic design (I'm not very good), trying to play the guitar, video games, computer games, surfing the web/forums, watching movies/dvds (hate most TV though), listening to music, pondering, writing poems, painting, drawing, watching sports, stargazing and much more!

I would also love to take up photography.

Never have much time to do any of them though, always something to do for/with someone else...

...and on the reading thing, I don't really retain many specifics but I find that it seems like I haven't absorbed anything but then I will often remember things when they become relevent that I have no idea how I know it but I've obviously read it somewhere.

I am an art student. I love painting, and photography. Oils are my favorite medium to paint with. I also love music and singing. I used to be in a few choirs and miss it. I also love airplanes and to fly. I dont have a pilots license, but I did take a lesson or 2. :p

oooh, stargazing!

I miss that. Bet it's awesome up there.
star1.JPG

oilpainting, lurking on the internet, drawing (though I have a lack of inspiration lately), watching anime, reading manga...think that's it

other non-steady hobbies (the ones I know I won't last on) are taekwondo, tennis, archery and guitar playing