Do INFJs like cats? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs like cats?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Love cats! Just had to put my old, arthritic cat to sleep and I miss him terribly. It's true what they say about cats leaving their paw prints on your heart.

Without the many lovely and funny memories I have of our time together my heart would break!

I want my cat in my arms right now!! :m167: I miss her.

I *LOVE* cats. I would love to just curl up with one at night, as long as s/he doesn't use my bed as an alternate bathroom and doesn't scratch my face.

2576_578134591562_8110575_35919346_7332688_n.jpg

n8110575_32200814_20.jpg

This is my old friend's new cocker spaniel Kassidy. My heart almost EXPLODED with CUTENESS!

AWWWW!

:m035:

I prefer cats, but I also love dogs too :)

Aww.. that's love staring back at you!! :D I love dogs.
I feel safer with dogs, I find they're easier to read. I like some cats are too. And I LOVE cat paws. Seriously fantastic.

The 130 cat mosh pit freaked me out. Ohhh, can you imagine the smell??!

Last edited:
I prefer dogs but I love cats, as well. I have a dog and can't take a cat because my dad is allergic and I want him to be able to pay me visits. :)

I didn't vote because at the moment I think I'm more probably an INFP than an INFJ.

I prefer cats because my first pet was a cat and I have some pretty bad/scary memories of dogs.
I don't like dog smell, I don't like dogs that lick and I don't like that when you're walking past their house they bark like crazy. I especially don't like the thought that most of those dogs are pretty capable of jumping the fence that keeps them in.
I absolutely love my dog though. He's a bit of a sook. :D I'm such a bias person when it comes to my own pets.

Dogs that bark are easy to make lick your hand.

I prefer cats because they don't shit everywhere. They dig a hole, urin/defecate and then bury it.

Cleaner, less dependant animals.

I don't like cats. I don't like dogs. I love hawks ;)

Reason:

Cats: Too serious, unloyal and lazy
Dogs: Too clingy, too melodramatic, loud, and too needy.

I agree with this. I can sometimes enjoy either cats or dogs if I'm in the mood, but couldn't live with either of them for long without becoming irritable. I much prefer the company of pigs. Make of that what you will.

Dogs that bark are easy to make lick your hand.

I prefer cats because they don't shit everywhere. They dig a hole, urin/defecate and then bury it.

Cleaner, less dependant animals.

Exactly. Cats are cleaner and have more dignity.
I always liked this bit of dialogue from 'Meet the Fockers'.

Jack: "Greg, how come you don't like cats?"
Greg: "I don't not like cats I just, I just prefer dogs. I mean I'm just more of a dog kind of, you know - come home, they're wagging their little tails, happy to see you."
Jack: "So you need that assurance do you? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?"
Greg: "I..."
Jack: "You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection, they don't sell out the way dogs do."
Greg: "...Huh."

I don't own any, but there are plenty of cats on our street and I have somehow conditioned my neighbour's cat, when it sees/hears me, to come running up to me every time I arrive at my front gate. It then proceeds to go round me in a circle, constantly rubbing its fur against me, before lying on its back and rolling around on the floor, making sure especially to catch my eye every time (I do believe it to be quite egotistical!). It's sweet, but rather annoying sometimes because when I go to open the front door, the curious little thing wants to follow me in, so I have to make sure that it is quite a distance away to be safe that it won't run in quickly. :D

I like cats and dogs, but I prefer cats more. There is an inherent beauty within them that is hard to describe.

I love cats and like some dogs... I like big dogs but not too fond of little ones.

I've owned both and enjoy my pets, I have a dog now but not a cat anymore...

Every cat I have ever had tho, has gone for walks with me wherever I was going and I never had cat leishes for any of them, I guess I'll just be one of those strange old women with cats one day when I'm old.

I had one siamese cat in particular who would walk with me downtown even, just followed along at my heels, sometimes skipping ahead with his tail in the air a bit here and there. One time when I was sleeping at a visit to my mom's house, she came in my room early one morning to get something and my cat (who slept on my head each night), growled at her, ran across the bed then jumped on her and proceeded to jump on her and attack her! That cat was the best ever, lol

Generally I like animals ( I had parrots, chinchilla and I would like to have newfoundland dog) but I love cats the most! Here is mine:

2h5o1dv.jpg

He spent his holiday in the village this summer ;)

Your cat looks precisely like mine did. Except there was white running right up his chest without a break.

I've noticed this earlier but today (when wanted to check similarity) I didn't find that thread where you've posted photos of him ;)

Last edited:
This is precisely 2 months before he died.

22092008025.jpg

22092008026.jpg

22092008027.jpg

Two days later

24092008054.jpg

24092008056.jpg

24092008057.jpg

20 days before he died.

02112008265.jpg

02112008267.jpg

02112008273.jpg

[youtube]lyLFZaddpUU[/youtube]

Thank you for adding the poll, I should've done that.

N00bs since the last post: vote!

(seems to be going the way I expected)