Do INFJs like cats? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs like cats?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I already voted, and I retain my original position on this very serious issue.

I love all animals, I love both cats and dogs and have owned both. However I definitely am more of a cat person, they just suit my personality, they aren't demanding or clingy and needy like dogs are. Cats to me are just so elegant, graceful and have a certain mystery about them. I find a purring cat incredibly soothing and relaxing and their fur is so soft. You can also go away for a night or a weekend without having to worry whereas with a dog, it's a major hassle.

I love the loyalty of dogs and appreciate their many wonderful qualities but they are too frenetic for me, it makes me feel stressed out and whatever you give them doesn't seem to be enough. I also can't stand the way they have to piss on everything and you have to pick up the crap in a little bag.....EWWW.......and the way they lick their butt and than lick you! I can't stand small yappy dogs, the noise hurts my ears, but I do love some breeds especially sighthounds.

I actually have a wonderful dog who is no bother at all, she's very quiet and content, she is a rescue dog, I've been very lucky to get a dog like her, she has quite a cat-like personality! I have 4 cats that we found abandoned at the side of the road, there were 6 altogether but our neighbour had one and I couldn't find anyone who wanted any of the others so we kept them! Sadly one died so we now have 4.

Last edited:
This is clearly the 5th element in the new MBTIP test. I'm an INFJD, I guess. Cats are assholes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inquisitive
I like cats, and on top of it, I strongly dislike dogs. I won't let dogs touch me... unscathed, anyway.

It really is a fifth function. I wonder if there is a J to C correlation.

I voted cats, but I'm an IST(maybe F)P.

Do I still count?

Sandra_b lives alone with 9 cats.

Cat's all the way... their affection comes off to me as more authentic while dogs feel like suckups. =P

i adore cats, i like all animals really, even insects :eek:

I like cats, and on top of it, I strongly dislike dogs. I won't let dogs touch me... unscathed, anyway.

yeah, not a fan of dogs.

It really is a fifth function. I wonder if there is a J to C correlation.

thinking-cat-is-thinking.jpg

I love cats. I find most dogs to be, like other people's children, annoying. Occassionally I'll meet someone's dog that's just awesome and chill and I'll think, "Ok, if I could get a dog like this, I could see myself having a dog."

The one confirmed real life INFJ friend I know is a dog person, who owns a Yorkiepoo. Another girl I know whom I suspect is an INFJ has a dog that is just a Yorkie.

I'm not a fan of either. I'm much more of a bird person. Currently my only pet is a white dove named Angel (she used to be a school pet, so the teacher named her), who has a disposition rather like a cat. We used to also have a Cockatiel, which always acted rather like a puppy. Before that we had a lovebird, which acted somewhat between those two extremes.

Do they?

I think that cats are universal. I am an ENTP, and I ADORE cats.
Dogs... are awesome, when they are someone else's pet. But I will always love cats.

Good lord you moron. Assuming personality type relates to pet preference.

Well, I can see INFJ's adoring the fluffy cuteness of felines.

As for the independant, ignorant, unaffectionate streak some cats have...

I doubt many would enjoy that.

INFJ's seem the type that need a grateful, happy to see you pet.

So even if they did have a cat, it would likely have developed dog-like traits, due to the excess cuddling/unecessary affection thrust upon it.

Conclusion:INFJ's should not be allowed near cats!

Good lord you moron. Assuming personality type relates to pet preference.

Well, I can see INFJ's adoring the fluffy cuteness of felines.

As for the independant, ignorant, unaffectionate streak some cats have...

I doubt many would enjoy that.

INFJ's seem the type that need a grateful, happy to see you pet.

So even if they did have a cat, it would likely have developed dog-like traits, due to the excess cuddling/unecessary affection thrust upon it.

Conclusion:INFJ's should not be allowed near cats!

INFJs disagree.

INFJs need solitude and independence. In this I think that cats are kindred spirits. But we often don

Reactions: jakowatt