If you have/could have a pet, would you choose a:

• Cat

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Dog

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other pet

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
I'm not an INFJ, so I didn't vote, but ZOMG, YES! My friend Hwa- Ling is INFJ and she is obsessed with her cat!!

I like dogs more than I like cats, but they both make me sneeze.

I love my corn snake though!

snakes, turtles, ferrets these are just a few of my favorite things

And also a ardent fan of liberty dogs

Thank you for that charming and hilarious image. :lol: Aww but I hope you weren't too upset at the time.

ahahahahha i was a very very fat and chubby and short kid :) :) ahahahahaha i was scared at that time but whenever i remember it... gosh i think the piglet chased me because i look like her mommy pig :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) bwahahahahah damn!!!! and now i find it very funny :m146:

I need a loyal companion. I have had too many cats run astray. I used to have large dog's. Now I prefer the little guys. My Dachshund is the perfect companion. Her playful attitude and begging eyes get my attention every time.

snakes, turtles, ferrets these are just a few of my favorite things

And also a ardent fan of liberty dogs
*resists urge to break into song*

I LOVE Ferrets! :mlove2:

but I am allergic :m040:

I vote for cats. Definitely.

Dogs can be cute, but they love too easily. I want to work for it.

No votey for me because I love them both.

Maybe it's simply because I've always grown up surrounded by dogs, but I've always been a huge dog person. Well... larger dogs. I'm always a bit apprehensive around smaller ones since I worry more when playing with them. Don't want to hurt them by accident, but I also don't want to deny them being able to play if they want to. Larger breeds though are absolutely wonderful. The ones that my parents have owned have been so in-tune with the emotions of the family and incredibly gentle.

Again, it may be simply due to only having been around cats for the past few years, but the amount of distance I generally see from them from everything else, I think is what keeps me at bay in forming much of a thought on them. Like others have mentioned, I've noticed a strong habit of them gathering around me even when a bit less social naturally, but once they've moved on, they seem to isolate themselves a bit.

It's very interesting for that matter, since it seems that for the most part, cats are more introverted by nature, while dogs tend towards extroversion. I think though that what sells me more towards dogs though is that they force their playfulness on you, whether it's wanted or not. Not getting as much of a choice in the matter brings out the best in me for whatever reason, and I feel a lot more peaceful.

Hmm...

But like humans, a lot of these things are just general thoughts, and I've met a number of exceptions to both sides. I just happen to be a dog person more of the time.

I miss my puppy back home. D:

meow

I might be an INFJ. And I adore cats. My family has adopted a number of them over the past decade.

I love cats and I grew up with them. Unfortunately I'm far too allergic to them now and I can't keep them. :(

But my chihuahua is almost a good substitute. She's fairly quiet and she sleeps all day. But she definitely wants to play a lot. And God help us if she hears anything on the roof or under the house. :/

I love cats and I grew up with them. Unfortunately I'm far too allergic to them now and I can't keep them. :(

But my chihuahua is almost a good substitute. She's fairly quiet and she sleeps all day. But she definitely wants to play a lot. And God help us if she hears anything on the roof or under the house. :/

Haha.. I know right. Their bark's monumentally larger than their size :p

Haha.. I know right. Their bark's monumentally larger than their size :p

Sheee...

I think if twenty dozen chihuahuas all barked at once in Los Alamos, we'd have an instant nuclear winter from the combined sound attack. :p

lol! that would be a sound to behold!!

Last edited:
HAY GUYS, COOL STORY! (Please excuse my verb tense errors.)

I am allergic to everything (exaggeration) and I have ridiculously bad asthma (all my life). I also do not like most cats, so that was my excuse for not adopting cats even though that boy (my husband) is a total cat person.

I did some quasi-research (Google, FTW), and found out that people with allergies and asthma can have animals (especially cats) if they are fed well (felines be carnivorous). When I told my parents that boy and I were going to adopt a couple of cats they were pretty miffed. They witnessed first hand my many trips to the hospital (Collapsed lungs are no joke...actually now that i think about it, collapsed lungs are kinda funny, and sometimes I walk up to my mom and ask her, "Hey Mom! Remember when I had a collapsed lung and the doctors refused to admit me to the hospital because they didn't think I had a collapsed lung? She turns a bit pale and it is so hilarious, BUT I DIGRESS).

Anyway, I went to the cattery with that boy. I remember having such a hard time breathing as soon as I walked through the doors. I picked out a couple of tuxedos, and I feel in love because one of them was so cuddly. My face was swelling, and my eyes were watering. It was kind of cat hell. My arms where I had cuddled the kittens were all rashy looking. I looked a hot mess. That boy was all like, "Okay, I get it now. We don't have to get cats." I was determined though.

When we were able to bring the kittens home. I put them on food that I figured was not as craptastic as the kind they were getting at the shelter. In a about two weeks, my eyes stopped watering. I could breathe just fine. The two kittens did NOT SHED. They did not have dander. I could honestly put my face into their fur and take in an perfectly, deep, non-coughy, non-painful breath. Yes, I know cats are filthy. They are not clean. They are covered in saliva. It didn't matter. I WAS LIKE, CURED!

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary, and I don't recommend doing what I did. It wouldn't hurt, allergic folks, if you went down to your local animal shelter (or find an organization that helps animals) and see if you could foster a cat or dog. Feed 'em a decent diet and see if you can maybe you could adopt. I know with my cats...it's true wuv and forever.

interesting thought - i am an INFJ and i love cats :)

I like almost all animals, but I have a cat and wouldn't really want to trade her in for anything else.

On a random note, I love how nonchalant cats seem to be, and yet my cat is always vying for my attention. Whatever I'm focusing on, if it's not her, she's usually trying to change that so that it is her. She loves to try to sit on my keyboard when I'm typing or a notebook or book when I'm reading or studying, and sometimes she forces me to pet her by sticking her head under the space wherever my hand is. I also like the facial expressions she makes, particularly when I walk into my room after being gone for awhile and she's lazily perched up on my pillow looking at me like I've got quite a bit of audacity disturbing her in that way.

This is why cats are awesome

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzX3_gR6Tw"]YouTube- House Cat Attacks Bear[/ame]

Now that's just gangsta.

Reactions: Puck and sassafras
I've never had a cat because my mom is extremely allergic to them. I love my dog though.. she's a member of the family, basically. Sitting next to me on my bed as I type this now, actually! So I think I have a bias towards dogs because of that... Cats I think are probably more intelligent than dogs, but dogs are so loving.