Blind Dates | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Blind Dates

I've only been on two blind dates, but they were both ridiculously fun! =)
The last blind date I got set up by my roommate who knows me well enough, and I'd say cares enough for me not to set me up with a creepo =). Oh and I ended up dating that girl, she was pretty amazing.

So if you're going to allow someone to set you up on a blind date, make sure they are not holding any grudges against you =)

Heh-heh.

Take it from me Wyst, ladies aren't that height orientated. Not unless you're well built. Take me, I'm 6'2 and a skinny wretch. Nobody finds that attractive. However, if you're smaller, well, you can be thin and still pull off attractiveness, the reduced hegith means you don't look as stretched, but if you're well built it's normally twice as appealing.

So true. I mean I'm really skinny too, but if I was taller it'd look far worse.

I don't think I could ever date a girl taller than me though, as vain as it sounds.

Sorry, Melkor. I'm straight.
And avoid LDRs like the plague.

Heh, how does one have a blind date through long distance pray tell?

Like that roulette chat software?

It's okay, sexuality isn't needed for platonic relations, and I'd prefer all my relations to be so.:p

Oh shit, you weren't meant to take me seriously.

Blind dates are magical. You never know how they will end because they are like Choose Your Own Adventure books. Stuff that's happened to me on various blind dates:
-adventure to some other city I've never been to
-snuggling in a bookstore
-2 AM walk on the beach
-3 hour make out session (the dude told me he could look into my eyes forever, give me a break)
- a situation almost, kinda, like Chaz's video (except we started dating afterward)
- a poetry reading and a near death situation
- a marriage proposal
- therapy session

Yeah, one on one time is definitely where I shine (it might be the same for you, [MENTION=1403]Wyst[/MENTION]). Whenever I've been on a blind date at the very least I've had the guy open up to me in a way he hadn't in a very long time. It was effortless on my part (not bragging). I was just being myself. I think it might be the same for you.

Oh shit, you weren't meant to take me seriously.

don't worry about it. i always take people literally.

and these girls are local... i wouldn't be doing a blind date through skype or something hahaha

I've gone on one blind date.
It was horrible. He was some
stock broker man and he asked
me to give him head.
I was so offended.
Gehhh how awful!!!

I went on a blind date ONCE... my senior year of high school. A girl I befriended set me up with a 'friend of hers.'
Let's see... he took me to Walmart first, to buy his ex-girlfriend a valentine's gift. (Come to find out his ex was the girl who set us up!!)
Then he proceeded to criticize my body and say things like, "I guess your stomach is flat enough."
THEN we went to his house to watch tv, where he asked me every so often to have sex with him.
I had just enough self esteem to deny him that. I still shudder at the thought! I should have called for a ride home after the whole Walmart creepiness.
And then a few years after that, he ended up getting hired at the place where I was working.
He kept saying, "I know you from somewhere, what is your name??" And I managed to avoid him for a few months before he figured it out. Oddly enough, we ended up getting along well at work, considering!

But um.. yeah Wyst, don't let my horror story sour the prospect of meeting someone cool...
Just don't feel pressured to like this person.. If you feel something--then good. If you end up not having chemistry--that's ok too.

But
If I knew two people and I thought they would hit it off--I would not even mention one to the other.. But I would throw a little dinner party or maybe go to some sort of a free event and invite them both. Then let things just happen naturally.

Last edited:
I haven't been on a blind date per se but have been on a kinda blind date group kinda thing. You know where a bunch of single people bring a single buddy and everybody meets up. It was done thru my pool league and ended up being a blast because there was a great mix of people you kinda knew and lots of new faces. I have never done the whole "I know somebody you would just love, let me set you up with him" date.

I have never been on a blind date, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to one. There's two possible scenarios that could result. 1. You two hit it off and/or you have a good time together or 2. Everything could go horribly wrong and it's another story you and your friends can laugh about over drinks (tea or otherwise)

Go for it. You got nothing to lose.

You are going to want to make sure your friend tells the other person you are 5'5 before you arrange to go out.Most girls have a thing about height.

That being said (as one 5'5" guy to another), if she is ok with it, you should go on the double date.

Outside of online dating (which are not technically blind dates), I have been on one blind date. It was not bad, but the guy and I did not click. It definitely was not anything I regret. The thing about friends setting you up is they already sort of filtered people out for you. Chances are, they aren't setting you up with someone really awful. Even if you don't end up liking each other, dating experience is kind of like job interviewing - the more you do it, the more relaxed you get with it and the better you come across when you really do want the job (or the person).

I've never been on a blind date before and I am not so sure I would agree to doing one. I am sorry to say, but physical apperance is very important to me. If I am not physically attracted to the person, then nothing will occur in the future (I have tried, it is something with me that I can not deny). With the notion of a relationship, date, and whathaveyou is hanging around, I would want to ditch and end it there, because nothing would come from it. I am very much into things for the long haul.

There is a short list of friends whom know what my type is, that I might trust if they set me up, and that would actually be pretty exciting as a few of them know me well. However I have been proposed blind dates before by people who did not know me well, and all of those times I refused until I saw a picture of the person. Good thing because there was no attraction there what so ever, so I did not agree to do it in the end.

The more I think about it though, the more I think it would be fun if I was set up with someone by someone who knows me well. If my ISTJ friend set me up (as she knows me very well on the subject of relationsips), I would be quite excited because I know she would have found someone good.

Ugh. He was disgusting.
He kept talking to me
about Jesus as well. And
how he was very "family-
oriented".

Well obviously family is important, he knew once he got inside it wouldn't be long til he was done. HOWEVER. If you give him head, he can make it more pleasurable for yourself, and him. HOW COULD YOU BE SO SELFISH.

If like... If birds gave head, would your beaks cut open certain bags containing life giving material? Or do you file them down every night before your bird bath?

------------

I don't have any stories of blind dates, as I would never ever do them.

Well - this isn't a legit blind date. I've seen a picture of her. So I basically know what she looks like.

I think she might be a little taller than me but I was told height isn't important to her (she's only a inch or two taller than me) and it doesn't bother me either.

I got her phone number from the my roommate's fiance and will call her today/tonight about going out for coffee and a walk this Friday night/weekend.

I'm going for it.

Reactions: Bird
My mother's boyfriend set me up on one with this kid he worked with. Ex-Marine, had lived in Jacksonville, NC where I had just moved back from. In theory it sounded good. Wrong. We had nothing in common. All he wanted to talk about was his truck and hunting. It was awful. I was not what he was expecting and he certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Had great tattoos, though. *shrugs* It wasn't horrific, but it was a really awkward situation. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. The point of dating is getting to know someone you are interested in better. You can't be interested in someone you've never met. Eh, I suppose it's just as hit or miss as regular dating. but, I certainly won't be doing it again.

I've never been on one, and I'd be hard pressed to ever go on one. My nervousness would probably keep me from attending.

I've never been on one, and I'd be hard pressed to ever go on one. My nervousness would probably keep me from attending.

You are so lying.

Mf and I are going on a "blind" date.
He's excited, I don't know why he's
pulling this nervousness business.

Anyway, we're going to Andromeda together.
I'm just as excited as he is.