Blind Dates

Wyst

Are you there?
Jun 30, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So I've never been on a blind date before but my roommate's fiance is trying to get me to go on a couple with some of her friends because, 'they're awesome girls'.

I'm ready to get back into the dating scene but not entirely sold on the blind date idea... it just sounds awkward. Yes, I know - it's a blind date.

But seriously - I'd like to hear some stories from those who've gone on blind dates before. What's it good? Horrible? Painful? Glad you went? Never going again?

*pulls up sofa and beckons you to start telling stories*

Reactions: rawr
I don't have any stories about blind dates.

I just wanted to say: 'Good luck ;D'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vawa2t1m5kI"]YouTube - Completely Honest First Date[/ame]

GREAT PROGRAM.

Taraah tarrah!

Fine. Looks like I'll have to post this thread on TypeC to get some feedback.

I've gone on one blind date.
It was horrible. He was some
stock broker man and he asked
me to give him head.
I was so offended.

Reactions: acd
Ugh. He was disgusting.
He kept talking to me
about Jesus as well. And
how he was very "family-
oriented".

Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Or no clothing in this case, this being a blind date.

Oh, yeah, I have no idea Wyst.

Personally, I'm of the highly paranoid sort to demand an extensive psychological profile on a person before even considering dating them, so naturally, I'd never even consider a blind date.

Stupid idea really.

Reactions: rawr
Personally, I'm of the highly paranoid sort to demand an extensive psychological profile on a person before even considering dating them, so naturally, I'd never even consider a blind date.

I can relate to this.

But I'm going to be 30 in less than four months and I need to start taking some steps to meet someone.

Stupid idea really.

That's actually a good example of an IxFP. We tend to tread very carefully when looking for potential partners.

I can relate to this.

But I'm going to be 30 in less than four months and I need to start taking some steps to meet someone.

Thirty isn't that old.
You have time.

(when I just glanced at this after I posted
it; I thought I had typed "thirsty isn't that
odd". I think this is a bad sign.)

Last edited:
I know but, if you're going to start dating because you feel pressurised by society, do you suppose it'll end well?

I suggest something that appeals to the introvert nature.

Some sort of personality focused dating site? Not one of those facebook rip-off's where heavily photoshopped pictures are the main event...something humble, something sweet.

Like that one always advertised, what was it...e-harmony?

I don't use dating sites myself, because I can never say much about myself, but give it a go, hm?

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I know but, if you're going to start dating because you feel pressurised by society, do you suppose it'll end well?

I suggest something that appeals to the introvert nature.

Some sort of personality focused dating site? Not one of those facebook rip-off's where heavily photoshopped pictures are the main event...something humble, something sweet.

Like that one always advertised, what was it...e-harmony?

I don't use dating sites myself, because I can never say much about myself, but give it a go, hm?

I've never been into dating sites. Even at my lowest point.

I have heard that Plenty of Fish is good though. It's the biggest and also free. Had a friend who used it.

I've never been into dating sites. Even at my lowest point.

I have heard that Plenty of Fish is good though. It's the biggest and also free. Had a friend who used it.

Yeah but Chazz, you're a prick.;)

Heh, on a serious note, I've always imagined I'd be much more likely to find love amongst all the freaks the internet harbours than out there with the *shudder* normal people.

It's definitely not because I feel preasure.
I'm just sick of being alone and watching romantic comedies by myself.

Basically, I'm tired of my self-pity and it's high time to start getting my feet wet.

Thirty isn't that old.
You have time.

Compared to 60, no, 30 isn't old.
When the girls I'm about to be set up with are 6 years younger than me... I feel old and kinda... lame.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Compared to 60, no, 30 isn't old.
When the girls I'm about to be set up with are 6 years younger than me... I feel old and kinda... lame.

Don't.
We yearn for the security
and safety you have to
offer.

Don't.
We yearn for the security
and safety you have to
offer.

Awesome. I hope 5'5" doesn't lose me that sense of security/stability vibe.

Awesome. I hope 5'5" doesn't lose me that sense of security/stability vibe.

Heh-heh.

Take it from me Wyst, ladies aren't that height orientated. Not unless you're well built. Take me, I'm 6'2 and a skinny wretch. Nobody finds that attractive. However, if you're smaller, well, you can be thin and still pull off attractiveness, the reduced hegith means you don't look as stretched, but if you're well built it's normally twice as appealing.