Attracted to people similar to you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Attracted to people similar to you?

I like people like me.
I like people who are willing to give me my space.

Reactions: NeverAmI
Currently attracted to an ISFJ; It's so strange to hear her say 'oh, god, if I say this you'll think I'm awful' and then she says something that is virtually exactly how I think; So yeah, I'm rather hoping this means we'll be able to understand one another reasonably well.

I think I would be attracted to someone similar at first, but I don't know...
Personally I would like to have someone slightly different, just to keep things interesting

I perfer similar to me in that I like brown hair, brown eyes and perferably Native men. It is very important that they share similar beliefs, ethics, and morals as me. I usually attribute my preferences to the fact that you really do look for someone "like" you. I have never really been attracted to the blond, blue-eyed kind of guy. I usually don't really notice personality since I am very adaptable when it comes to getting along with others and extrovert vs introvert doesn't really faze me.

I am extremely attracted to people "like me" or at least very relatable on some deeper level, because that's rare to find. What attracts me is understanding and full love of what they understand about me. But above all, I think I am attracted to people who are INTROVERTED and INTUITIVE. "T"s moreover than "F"s I think, because I value their intellect highly. "F"s that are too emotional kind of put me off (interestingly, although I'm a very sensitive F). The people I've been highly attracted to have been INTJ and INTP. I would think though, that if I met a balanced INFJ, I'd be very attracted to them.

Reactions: Gaze
I think I would be attracted to them in a way of wanting to learn from somone so similar to myself. I would probably learn a lot from things my counterpart did that aren't quite noticable from self-reflection.

I honestly don't have any idea how I would react to someone like myself. I would probably enjoy it.

I think I'd be best with an ENFP, but I think I could have an amazing relationship with an INFJ as long as we made a commitment to communicate.

I'm more attracted to introverts than sensors, and much more attracted to fellow Ti+Fe users than Fi+Te users. I'm not sure I know any ENFJs (the one facebook friend who had tested that way took it again and got ESFJ), but as I tend not to get along as well with my real life INFJ friend when she is in a more extroverted mood I assume that is a poor match. I'm not sure I know any other INTPs in real life. (I know one guy who tested as such, but he seems more Fi than Ti to me.) ENTPs can be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'd want a serious relationship with one.

I married an ESFJ. Apart from being polar opposites on the MBTI, we don't have alot of other things in common. I would probably be bored if I met someone just like me. But then again I would give anything to sit in bed with my husband at night and we're both reading a book. That's not going to happen with an ESFJ, I don't think.

I'm more attracted to introverts than sensors, and much more attracted to fellow Ti+Fe users than Fi+Te users. I'm not sure I know any ENFJs (the one facebook friend who had tested that way took it again and got ESFJ), but as I tend not to get along as well with my real life INFJ friend when she is in a more extroverted mood I assume that is a poor match. I'm not sure I know any other INTPs in real life. (I know one guy who tested as such, but he seems more Fi than Ti to me.) ENTPs can be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'd want a serious relationship with one.

INFJ's are actually very much Ti+Fe, at least speaking from personal experience and the typology description. I know we're extroverted feeling at least, and I can personally be rather introverted thinking at times as well.

Of course they are. I never said or implied they were not. My first love (who is now my best friend) is that confirmed INFJ (I usually get along great with her, its just that on a few occasions she has been too E for me), and I suspect my next 3 choices in favorite people may be INFJ as well. INFJ is obviously the most attractive type.

INFP may be the least attractive, both because they think so differently and because they tend to remind me so much of my mother that a romantic relationship would seem almost incestuous. Te can be annoying, especially when used poorly, but Fi is completely baffling.

I think at the very least I need someone who is an F for a romantic relationship.

I think I'd be rather put off by someone who was very similar to me. I think we'd get boring pretty fast. I go through moods and phases, and I'd like them not to be like me in that aspect. If we are always having the same mood, I'd probably get stuck in them. Some days I just need someone to slap me and say "Get out of bed and get moving!" Of course other days that's the very last thing I want to hear. I think I'm just really picky.