Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Pisces

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I Don't Know.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
My observations of being a twin. I always liked to believe that we were very different from each other. But, I realized that in many twins have a tendency to either flat out reject similarities, or they would embrace each other's similarities. After that I started to notice that me and my sister have a lot of similar mannerisms. We talk with our hands a lot, and our speech is very similar. This is very interesting because it's not really something either of our parents do, nor does it represent any of our younger sibling's mannerisms. The content of what is being said though is often different.For example, I often think that my sister is "missing" the "deeper idea" behind many things she says. Although we are both outgoing, my sister likes to experiment a lot more, goes to a lot more parties (dubstep and whatnot), loves to travel a lot more of the world and always likes "doing things".

She's also dyslexic (I'm so sure, I mean I saw her spell/read some things... and I thought to myself "Even if you aren't dyslexic, you would have definitely come up with another way to spell this") so she dislikes reading in general and has a lot less affinity for theory and the "blah blah blah" of things. For example, she's studying art at the moment and she doesn't really delve too much into art history, whereas I really find art history fascinating.

Oh yea, she's into guys and so am I. I think that's a similarity. But she likes these guys that are so.....bleeeh, I don't know, I would never understand that.

Uuuh, there's probably more, I mean, I've known her for all my life, so yea.

I'm truly interested to know where you got this number.

I googled mbti accuracy and this percentage seemed to come up consistently with practitioners. Why? Did your investigation on the subject turn up a completely different figure? I've only started learning about mbti on Thursday, so if you have more info, I'd be interested to know.

Do you guys have any good websites for looking at this stuff? Or what do you type in when you search it? Just "astrology"?

Do you guys have any good websites for looking at this stuff? Or what do you type in when you search it? Just "astrology"?

Depends on how you research a topic and specifically what you are interested in. (Most of my knowledge came from books as I've only had internet for a month now.)

Depends on how you research a topic and specifically what you are interested in. (Most of my knowledge came from books as I've only had internet for a month now.)

eh?! Only books?! Whoah, that's pretty cool :)

I think it would be interesting to do a poll about what astrological sign you are.

I think it would be interesting to do a poll about what astrological sign you are.

I think that would be awesome...if more people knew more about their charts than just their sun sign.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I think that would be awesome...if more people knew more about their charts than just their sun sign.

I'm confused with all this chart stuff @.@
The only thing I really know is that I'm a Saggitarius and was born in the sun (or while the sun was rising, but I'm pretty sure I was born in the sun).

I googled mbti accuracy and this percentage seemed to come up consistently with practitioners. Why? Did your investigation on the subject turn up a completely different figure? I've only started learning about mbti on Thursday, so if you have more info, I'd be interested to know.

I've never looked at this and, thus, hadn't known about this figure. It'd be interesting to know how they "tested the test." Presumably, there has to be some benchmark test or "diagnostic procedure" (that establishes MBTI with little doubt) against which the accuracy of other tests are compared.

Because MBTI tests preferences, the whole process is one of characterization and categorization, wherein a particular individual fits into one of 16 types. So, if one answers questions in a way that is inconsistent with one's true type, it could be assumed that this happens from self-delusion or the person just doesn't know him- or herself very well. Also, a particular test could be poorly designed.

The only thing I really know is that I'm a Saggitarius and was born in the sun (or while the sun was rising, but I'm pretty sure I was born in the sun).

Okay...I'll try to help. Bear with me as I'm pretty slow with all this techy stuff and I have to edit myself a lot.

Imagine taking a picture of the universe at the moment you were born. There will be all sorts of celestial bodies up there...not just the sun. Each of these falls into a particular area and form different geometrical aspects in relation to each other.

Are you with me yet?

Reactions: daydreamer
I've never looked at this and, thus, hadn't known about this figure. It'd be interesting to know how they "tested the test." Presumably, there has to be some benchmark test or "diagnostic procedure" (that establishes MBTI with little doubt) against which the accuracy of other tests are compared.

Because MBTI tests preferences, the whole process is one of characterization and categorization, wherein a particular individual fits into one of 16 types. So, if one answers questions in a way that is inconsistent with one's true type, it could be assumed that this happens from self-delusion or the person just doesn't know him- or herself very well. Also, a particular test could be poorly designed.

I agree with much of what you say. But when it comes to individual preferences, how can one be certain to "eliminate doubt"? Preferences can appear to change depending on circumstance.

And if people are taking the test to find out their true type, how can they tell if it's inconsistent? What do they compare it to? (This is why I'm here.)

Here are some sites I love for astrology basics:

Astro.com

I cannot express how much I love this website. Go to "free horoscopes" on the top bar, and "chart calculation, ascendant" down at the bottom right. That will give you your full chart. From there, there is a ton of other "free" samples, as well as a databank and a forum.

Astrotheme.com

This is great for your daily horoscope, since it goes from your birth chart, not your sun sign. It shows daily, and long-term transits. It's also a databank for thousands of "celebrities" (from contemporary actors and singers, to historical figures, writers, etc.) You can find figures with the same birthday, or same sun/ascendant, etc.

Cafeastrology.com

One of the best for learning astrology, that I've found. They cover everything from basics, to more advanced techniques.

I'm sure there are more that I will think of later.

But books are how I started learning. I would encourage anyone interested in astrology to first pick up a good book on how to calculate and draw out a natal chart. There are many of them, and most of them are comparable in terms of the charting instructions, though some of them have better analysis of the signs and meanings than others. Once you have those basics down, the way the planets relate and effect each other will make more sense, for more advanced charting.

A few others I highly recommend are Sextrology (for 18+, it goes through not only each sun sign, but each sign is split into 2 chapters, one for male, one for female) and for women, I adore Sex Signs by Judith Bennett. I'm not sure she's written one that is the equal for men.

Reactions: daydreamer
My observations of being a twin. I always liked to believe that we were very different from each other. But, I realized that in many twins have a tendency to either flat out reject similarities, or they would embrace each other's similarities. After that I started to notice that me and my sister have a lot of similar mannerisms. We talk with our hands a lot, and our speech is very similar. This is very interesting because it's not really something either of our parents do, nor does it represent any of our younger sibling's mannerisms. The content of what is being said though is often different.For example, I often think that my sister is "missing" the "deeper idea" behind many things she says. Although we are both outgoing, my sister likes to experiment a lot more, goes to a lot more parties (dubstep and whatnot), loves to travel a lot more of the world and always likes "doing things".

She's also dyslexic (I'm so sure, I mean I saw her spell/read some things... and I thought to myself "Even if you aren't dyslexic, you would have definitely come up with another way to spell this") so she dislikes reading in general and has a lot less affinity for theory and the "blah blah blah" of things. For example, she's studying art at the moment and she doesn't really delve too much into art history, whereas I really find art history fascinating.

Oh yea, she's into guys and so am I. I think that's a similarity. But she likes these guys that are so.....bleeeh, I don't know, I would never understand that.

Uuuh, there's probably more, I mean, I've known her for all my life, so yea.

do you know how far apart you two were born from each other--time wise?

Also, are you two identical twins--appearance wise?

I personaly really like this site: http://horoscopes.jpastrology.co.uk/free_birthchart.asp

that's the site that first introduced me to the deeper aspect of astrology. I did the free mini soul scope, they send you a picture of your chart and explanations for each one of your placements. =)

You might have to ask your parents for your birth time--it should be exact.

it would be intresting-- I was just thinking that before but I'm new to this site, this is actually my first thread--can you still add poles after you submited the thread? Hmm Ill go check.

That's true, I'm still rather curious for sun sign statistics for the members here in the forum though.

Ummm...guys? Went to go vote on the sun sign poll and noticed somebody left out poor Pisces and doubled up on Cancer.

I have no idea how to fix this or who to go to...

do you know how far apart you two were born from each other--time wise?

Also, are you two identical twins--appearance wise?

She's a gal, I'm a guy~ So two egged twinz

Probably like less than a minute apart from eachother. It was a caesarian so... uh, not much ^^?

But for astrology it's better to have two egged twins to prove theories because if it were one egged then many people would claim it has to do with genetics and suches, right? Anyways, I'm sure it would be interesting to compare one egged twin personalities with two egged twin personalities. I'm sure the conclusions we can reap from the data will be interwesting :3

I'll guess Aquarius people are boring and close-minded, because I can't help but believe that astrology is absolute bullshit.
There is no reason why the positions of planets would influence the temperament of a random bunch of cells in another random planet.
Maybe babies born in winter have more chances to be generous because parents will hug their children more in winter or idk, but astrology just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Norton
Did you know people born in January have a better chance of being in professional sports then those in December?