Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Pisces

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I Don't Know.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
So here's a noob question...what makes people want to join an infj forum when they aren't this type themselves? Not trying to be rude...just curious and wanna learn.

because INFJs are awesome and elusive and they want to bask in our ethereal presence, if only to better understand our mystery

Understood...but it still surprises me.

So here's a noob question...what makes people want to join an infj forum when they aren't this type themselves? Not trying to be rude...just curious and wanna learn.

Probably because INFJs are rare and they want to be with others who think like them or who have the same personality. Plus they're more likely to try to find out more about themselves as well so they'll join this forum to help in that quest and unravel the mystery of the INFJ.

Well who wouldn't want to learn about infj's?...such fascinating people! lol

You all seem so great (and uber-nice); I really value that, especially now. Glad I joined up.

=b There is a thread here I was reading earlier created by an INTP about why they join the site.. I tried to look for it to link you guys but I can't seem to find it..

@ daydreamer: Do you know many INTPs?

and "lol" at the question on your sig--now you must post everywhere to try and find them.

=b There is a thread here I was reading earlier created by an INTP about why they join the site.. I tried to look for it to link you guys but I can't seem to find it..

@ daydreamer: Do you know many INTPs?

...No... TT.TT

Probably because INFJs are rare...

Not to rock the boat...but my research before joining this forum was contradictory concerning this fact.

At one point I did read that infj's make up only 1% of the population.

Then later I found an article that stated this wasn't true; that no type is rare and/or other types have had this distinction applied to them...definitely something to look into.

Not to rock the boat...but my research before joining this forum was contradictory concerning this fact.

At one point I did read that infj's make up only 1% of the population.

Then later I found an article that stated this wasn't true; that no type is rare and/or other types have had this distinction applied to them...definitely something to look into.

Well you rocked the boat, noob :m082:

lol just joking with you, sorry I kind of wanted to use that smilie haha :)

Have you read Keirsey's books though explaining why it would be rare? Or maybe it's only rare in certain areas.

In my experience with the world all Introverts are relatively rare, at least in the places I've been.

...No... TT.TT

Sometimes I feel tempted to also join the INTP forum but their way of thinking is intimidating at times. I'm a very sensitive creature and cant seem to be as objective as them. I really love how honest they are though.

I wonder what their charts look like... however if I was to post a thread like this over there I think they would strip it to the bone.

Sometimes I feel tempted to also join the INTP forum but their way of thinking is intimidating at times. I'm a very sensitive creature and cant seem to be as objective as them. I really love how honest they are though.

I wonder what their charts look like... however if I was to post a thread like this over there I think they would strip it to the bone.

I'd be curious what they thought of it on the INTJf.

In my experience with the world all Introverts are relatively rare, at least in the places I've been.

Are introverts really all that rare...or are they masking themselves as extroverts cuz that's what they feel society expects of them?

Are introverts really all that rare...or are they masking themselves as extroverts cuz that's what they feel society expects of them?

Well introvert doesn't mean you don't like being around people it just means that sometimes you need to not be around people. I think there actually appears to be more introverts than there actually are because extroverts can be shy or suffer from social anxiety.

I'd be curious what they thought of it on the INTJf.

hmm I almost feel tempted... I'd first have to re-write it to make it sound logical to them...I think I am incapable of that though.. but I will attempt. I think I will experiment next weekend and send back reports. =b

Well introvert doesn't mean you don't like being around people it just means that sometimes you need to not be around people. I think there actually appears to be more introverts than there actually are because extroverts can be shy or suffer from social anxiety.

Okay...that's good stuff. I'll think on it.

But then couldn't the reverse also be true?

Okay...that's good stuff. I'll think on it.

But then couldn't the reverse also be true?

In what sense exactly? I suppose a depressed introvert may want to be around people more than normal. It's basically if you need to get away occasionally, Extroverts can be around people constantly and not be phased by it.

In what sense exactly? I suppose a depressed introvert may want to be around people more than normal. It's basically if you need to get away occasionally, Extroverts can be around people constantly and not be phased by it.

I guess I mean if someone's an introvert...and feels really drained by being around other people, but still wants to be helpful (read useful) to others...and they're around extroverts who think introversion is abnormal or unhealthy or just shyness that needs to be overcome by repeated exposure...wouldn't that introvert act like how these others expect them to by feigning a liking of excessive social activities to their own detriment?

Im into it, but I really dont understand it at all. I know my chart explains why im an INFJ, why i had such a horrid childhood, and why money always elludes me...lol Thats only cuz ive had it read. I know virgo fits me, (even with the stupid new astro sign) And I know INFJ fits me.

[MODS]Since this thread is related more to astrology than MBTI, I'm moving it to the Magic and Mysticism sub-forum.[/MODS]