Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Pisces

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I Don't Know.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
WOW. Still no Cancers or Pisces?! I'm surprised.

"Magic and Mysticism," I didn't even know this sub-forum existed, but it sounds cool and insulting.

My sun sign is not Cancer but my moon is =)

"Magic and Mysticism," I didn't even know this sub-forum existed, but it sounds cool and insulting.

My sun sign is not Cancer but my moon is =)

What is your sun?! :D

I kid. You don't have to tell if you don't want to, I'm just curious as heck. haha

Take a guess! =b

I has nothing to guess from.

I guessed you had Cancer or Scorpio somewhere, because of what you said about protecting your inner workings.

Cancers and Scorpios, a crab and a scorpion, respectively, each have a hard shell, meant to protect their soft, squishy insides, literally. Astrologically, it's the same. Cancers tend to distance themselves and side-step to avoid threats, and are very sensitive (being ruled by the moon). Scorpions tend to sting when they feel threatened. Most people think Scorpios are mean and hurtful... but they use their knowledge of the depths of the human soul to protect themselves, and often other signs misinterpret this as maliciousness, but it's really a defense. But both have that hard shell for a reason, 2 out of the 3 water signs. Pisces is the only water sign without the shell.

I like water signs. They're so interesting, to me.

My best friend is a Cancer. :D

I has nothing to guess from.

I guessed you had Cancer or Scorpio somewhere, because of what you said about protecting your inner workings.

Cancers and Scorpios, a crab and a scorpion, respectively, each have a hard shell, meant to protect their soft, squishy insides, literally. Astrologically, it's the same. Cancers tend to distance themselves and side-step to avoid threats, and are very sensitive (being ruled by the moon). Scorpions tend to sting when they feel threatened. Most people think Scorpios are mean and hurtful... but they use their knowledge of the depths of the human soul to protect themselves, and often other signs misinterpret this as maliciousness, but it's really a defense. But both have that hard shell for a reason, 2 out of the 3 water signs. Pisces is the only water sign without the shell.

I like water signs. They're so interesting, to me.

My best friend is a Cancer. :D

Im one of those people who misunderstands Scorpions. I try not to but I havent been able to get along with any of them (the sun sign atleast.)

I get a long quite well with the other two though--one of my closests friends is a Pisces and my boyfriend is a Cancer.

I really like your description--and it's squishyness.

I think what's interesting about the star signs is how they each have a personality associated with them. How old is that idea?

If there are 12 star signs and the idea is old then people had already, prior to MBTI or Jung's ideas, already split people up into 12 personality types.

Gurdjieff's ideas, including enneagram, came from the sufis of the middle east so they were obviously finding patterns within human behaviour and within the human psyche, long ago

The 'four temperaments' is an old idea going back over 2 and a half millenia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_similar_systems_of_comparison_of_temperaments

People were getting to grips with psychology a long time ago and further to that they were exploring the substrata of the human psyche whether by drugs or by meditation, yogic or tantric methods, intuition or perhaps revelation.

The positive side of an understanding of the human mind is the ability to heal. To exercise demons, overcome defence mechanisms, reconcile emotions, learn to listen to the better angel of our judgement.

The dark flip side of an understanding of the human mind is the abuse of such knowledge for example in the exercise of power. The art of kingship and pageantry is largely an exercise in the psychology of dominance....the techniques of which many governments and power elites still use today. The 'father of public relations', Edward Bernays was the nephew of Sigmund Freud and he came to the USA and used Freud's research and ideas about the human mind to manipulate people's emotions through marketing. Advertising and other marketing still uses a lot of psychology today and child psychologists work for large corporations designing marketing campaigns.

For example they have identified that the most vulnerable adults to advertisisng pressure are single mums who hold an underlying guilt which can be exploited. They use what they call the 'nag factor' which is when a child sees a toy on an advert and then goes and nag's their mum for it.

When Jung got his patients to draw the symbols they were seeing in their dreams he found that many of the symbols were found in old hermetic, alchemical texts. Essentially they were archetypal to the human mind.

The power of symbols. Symbols are the language of the subconscious. Medieval paintings and architecture are heavy in symbolism and it seems people were more in touch with this side of things then. Nowadays the meanings of many symbols are lost on many people. They are left with company logos (many of which do have significance) and brands such as the christian cross (solar cross). People are often unable to see the meaning behind things that are right in front of their face (hidden in plain sight).

People have been trained over a period of time to see the world in a specific way...a material / literal way.....a way which is antithetical to the intuitive mind

Here is an image of Madonna, who is famously a Kabbalist:

madonna-illuminati-jacket.jpg

Kabbalism is about transcending the material plane (malkuth) yet Madonna made a lot of material wealth singing her hit song 'material girl' in which she told women that they shouldn't waste their time with men unless they had money. As far as i'm concerned lady gaga has filled her shoes in flying the flag of materialism and meaningless psuedo-culture

Here is a tshirt from 'rapper' JayZ's clotheswear line, 'Rocawear' (Roca..feller?):
rocawear-symbolism2.jpg

There is a bit of controversy in the UK at the moment because the Iranian Olympic team are threatening to boycott the Olympics, which are being held in London, because they are saying that the Olympic 2012 logo actually spells ZION.....which it clearly does:

zion2012.jpg

I think a lot of people allow themselves to be mislead by meaningless horoscopes in newspapers and magazines which are part of a media which is controlled by a few very powerful people who use the media to shape the way people see the world and to distract people with meaningless shit

That is a dead end. There is far more important and more potent information out there for providing answers both within and without

Last edited:
Usually I look at things from a scientific perspective, but for a minute I was interested in numerology, feng shui, etc. I paid for a numerology report that was really long and a bit too general. However, after looking through most of the reports and tests I've done, most of the terminology and descriptions are very similar. Maybe these traits are too general to make any correlations. Here are some examples.

For pseudoscience:
Astrology (Aquarius) - individualistic, eccentric, idealistic
Chinese Zodiac (horse) - energetic, intelligent, ambitious
Numerology (life path) - curious, upbeat, needs variety

For psychology:
Enneagram (5) - alert, insightful, curious
MBTI (INFJ) - intuitive, efficient, perfectionistic
Temperment (phlegmatic) - generalize, imaginative, co-operative

This isn't including the negatives, which there are plenty of those lol. It's eerily similar to me, since I have to answer a bunch of questions for the psychology tests, where all I have to do is enter a bit of information about my birth and name for the astrology/numerology tests.
What do you guys think? Too general?

Well introvert doesn't mean you don't like being around people it just means that sometimes you need to not be around people. I think there actually appears to be more introverts than there actually are because extroverts can be shy or suffer from social anxiety.
I know I definitly need this, I sometimes need "me" time.

[MENTION=3691]CorLeonis[/MENTION]

Oooh...lookie!

We gots ourselves a Pisces finally! YAY!:m200:

I'm wondering who the idk is...

and if they're really an I don't know or an I don't care?

@Donor : what is "Zion"?

Usually I look at things from a scientific perspective, but for a minute I was interested in numerology, feng shui, etc. I paid for a numerology report that was really long and a bit too general. However, after looking through most of the reports and tests I've done, most of the terminology and descriptions are very similar. Maybe these traits are too general to make any correlations. Here are some examples.

For pseudoscience:

For psychology:

This isn't including the negatives, which there are plenty of those lol. It's eerily similar to me, since I have to answer a bunch of questions for the psychology tests, where all I have to do is enter a bit of information about my birth and name for the astrology/numerology tests.

I know what you mean by the similar words....here it would be easier to see if the results where for the same person...Unless..are those your results for each one?

For pseudoscience:

For psychology:

I just posted a reply in the other astrology thread that's happening right now... and it really relates to this.

...I hope it isn't against the rules to re-post something that applies... so here it is. :)

I always, always begin conversations with astrology or someone's birth chart with trying to clarify that a birth chart shows possibilities. It shows the most likely possibility, but there is always potential for a human to change the way they relate to the world, or treat other people, or themselves... etc.

But on the same token, astrology is not a hard science, and that's why I feel like it's supposed to be fluid, not stagnant.

Maybe not the best example... but say you're studying... abnormal psychology. Take someone with schizophrenia (or any "disorder"). The study of the disease will tell you general traits and symptoms. But not every schizophrenic human WILL have the same symptoms, and when they do, they will not necessarily present them in the same way, or deal with that symptom in the same way.

INFJs: are any of you into astrology? Why or why not? To what degree?

Before I even knew about MBTI I was an "astrohead." Astrology fascinated me to a very deep extent. I did quite a bit of research on it. I'm not as obsessed anymore--but I dont find it to be "unreasonable."

The thought that just ran into my head was: Say two people are born at the same place, day and time. This means they have the exact same astrological chart--the same "personality." This should also mean they should have the same MBTI profile and Enneagram and same results in another other type of personality indicators. Their manners might be different concidering the environment they were raised in, but their thought processing and emotions--should be the same (and possibly even their appearance should have similar traits.)

Ćao,
astrology is one of my oldest loves :) I used to spend hours trying to decode my natal chart, even made some readings for friends. Nothing special because I'm not really an expert or anything haha but I have a lot of literature about it. It's really interesting how much you can learn about a person from their natal charts. But for beginners like me it really takes a lot of time just to read anything meaningful out of it. I never lost my enthusiasm about it but I don't have that much time anymore to really get into it.
Anyway, I don't believe in daily horoscopes and don't think they're anything more then a pastime but as natal charts are considered I think they have a deeper meaning. They're a map of our potentials and therefor, to answer your questions about twins.. since I see a natal chart as our possibilities and potentials it's logical that 2 different people will develop (or not) those potentials differently. Like a person can have an exceptional position of planets which indicates an ease at doing certain (a potential of some sort) things but it doesn't mean that they'll be able to live up to those potentials.
I don't know enough about MBTI profile and Enneagrams to say anything about possible correlation but if you're trying to conclude that a certain sign is more prone to a certain MBTI type that's unlikely to be the case since in a natal chart there are a lot more things to consider then the sun sign or rising sign or moon sign or all of them together etc.

Reactions: dream echo
Ćao,

Anyway, I don't believe in daily horoscopes and don't think they're anything more then a pastime but as natal charts are considered I think they have a deeper meaning. They're a map of our potentials and therefor, to answer your questions about twins.. since I see a natal chart as our possibilities and potentials it's logical that 2 different people will develop (or not) those potentials differently. Like a person can have an exceptional position of planets which indicates an ease at doing certain (a potential of some sort) things but it doesn't mean that they'll be able to live up to those potentials.
...if you're trying to conclude that a certain sign is more prone to a certain MBTI type that's unlikely to be the case since in a natal chart there are a lot more things to consider then the sun sign or rising sign or moon sign or all of them together etc.

I agree completely.

I believe in astrology. I used it as a means of self discovery before taking a personality test. It's way more than just a sun sign. There is a lot more to it, but the three major aspects that make up a person's personality is their sun sign, moon sign, and ascendant. Astro.com is an awesome site that offers free charts, personality profiles, as well as other stuff. My sun is in Cancer, moon in Virgo, and ascendant in Libra.

This is an interesting topic. I am new to this site and was going to start a thread on pretty much the same thing. Glad to have found this!

I am an INFJ and enjoy reading up on astrology. I have found my natal chart to be extremely accurate in terms of my personality. I know many people may scoff but I do think that, to an extent, we are all affected by the position of the planets and the houses at the time and place of our birth. Perhaps this is foolish to believe but honestly, I am shocked myself in how I have managed to adopt so many of the traits I was 'meant' to have.

Do others think there is a sure bet that if you are a water sign you are more likely to be an INFJ or INFP? I am a Cancerian and carry most, if not all of that signs qualities. I would put this down to having a stellium within my birth chart. Here is my birth chart...

Sun in Cancer 3rdhouse
Moon in Cancer 3rd House
Mercyry in Cancer 3rd house
Venus in Gemini 2nd house
Mars in Cancer 3rd house
Jupiter in Aries 12th house
Saturn in Sagittarius 8th house
Uranus in Sagitarius 8th house
Neptune in Capricorn 9th house
Pluto in Scorpio 6th house

I think my natal chart fits the INFJ/INFP personality types quite well...

Reactions: Blackmountainside