Are your friends mostly male, female, or both? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are your friends mostly male, female, or both?

Are your friends mostly your gender, the opposite, or both?

• Opposite Gender Mostly

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Same Gender Mostly

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Equally

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Other/Depends

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
If they are mature - I don't think I need to expand on what that generally entails - then I can get along very well with both.
Isn't sexism, socially conditioned and otherwise, part of what Carl Jung tried to dispel with his personality theories?
(I'm speaking of socially inflicted stereotypes, not individual behavior per se.)

I have both male and female friends. I couldn't stay with the same sex for too long [women can get a little too chatty and annoying], and men are...uh..men. They end up thinking BECAUSE I am hanging around, that must mean I want sex.
SO, I try to find a select group of people that are mature...yet weird. I like weird. Weird is good.

-Anna

Reactions: Feelings
Mostly women, but the men I'm friends with are very good friends.

i have one close friend. he comes for coffee twice a day - early in the morning and at his lunch hour. and i don't see him any other time and that's fine with me.
in general i prefer the company of men simply because they don't talk about fashion or babies.
sorry, but those two subjects make me cringe.
i don't have a lot of 'friends' in the sense that we call each other or go out places together. the friendships i have are more of a group thing. my partner's band buddies and their wives, business aquaintances and their husbands/wives etc.

Most of my friends are male, partly because not many females share the same hobbies and interests as I do.

You enjoy kicking butt and riding motorcycles too?

I enjoy videogames, Warhammer, D&D and TCGs. These are still very much male dominated activities.

I grow up with 3 girl cousins, we were all in the same house, I'm probably guilty of a few girl games as well, it's jus to totally different relationships to have, and I appreciate both, sometimes I spend my free time with girls, next, I maybe playing silly violent games with my guys, so it all depends on my mood, really, in either case, I prefer getting to know the individual, because people are people, for me, it takes experimental trials, and errors, and unfamiliar people take alot of practise so i cam adapt to their behavior, to
develop a relationship that's sustainable.

edit: learning the other person's attitude, and progressing with the ideas you firmly believe in, help push forward the relationship in the correct direction.

A passion for learning helps ;)

Well I tend to gravitate toward female friends because they tend to be more gentle and open. Until I found this forum and other INFJs most guys were too 'one tracked' and couldn't relate to me. That and the small fact that I am a gay guy doesn't help...

I would do anything for a few male INFJ or even INFP friends (straight or gay). Just people that understand me and appreciate the natural affection I share with my friends.

I enjoy videogames, Warhammer, D&D and TCGs. These are still very much male dominated activities.

Its because women arent good at them.

females

Almost all males, and a few-kind-of-more-than-acquaintances girls... I don't think you'd call those friends though.

Most of my friends now are female. This is a complete contrast from when I was younger. I think the opposite sex was too mysterious and a bit intimidating for me. Now I find women are more open, sensitive, and willing to discuss a greater range of topics... just more interesting in general. Not to say I don't have male friends, or that they can't be interesting. But I'm closer with more females at this point in my life than males. I've always wondered if not having a sister made it harder to relate to females early on as I grew up with two brothers. Also, as I get older and have kids to tend to, I just don't have the time to go "out with the boys" as I did in years past.

Most of my friends now are female. This is a complete contrast from when I was younger. I think the opposite sex was too mysterious and a bit intimidating for me. Now I find women are more open, sensitive, and willing to discuss a greater range of topics... just more interesting in general. Not to say I don't have male friends, or that they can't be interesting. But I'm closer with more females at this point in my life than males. I've always wondered if not having a sister made it harder to relate to females early on as I grew up with two brothers. Also, as I get older and have kids to tend to, I just don't have the time to go "out with the boys" as I did in years past.

Fear not I have a sister and it hasn't helped me in the slightest :(

Reactions: Questingpoet
I'm fairly picky about my friends, but males tend to float into my friendship circles, even if one or two of them may cause me to cringe sometimes because of their narrow-mindedness. Generally speaking, I don't have a problem, because I prefer to spend time one on one with my male friends. When necessary - like when playing a three/four player game - I'll tolerate having more (esp. if I have a good rapport with at least half of the people present). Most of the male friends I choose are compatible on a hanging out, bonding, activity, or multi-activity level. I always choose friends who I feel a soul-level bond with and can hang out with for long periods of time. (With the INTJ friend, I can tolerate his usually time-conscious 2-hour limit for hanging out.)

With females, I'm much more picky, because some of them are a bit shy and reclusive. Some are gossipy, and I dislike that. The couple that have actually become my friends - one is probably ENFP (need comfortable distance, but plenty of back-and-forth conversation... which is pleasant when I'm lonely)... the other may be ESFJ/ISFJ? (very pleasant/positive/fun to interact with on a frequent basis).